How many countries have you been to?

20+ and 20+
Used to go to 7/8 countries a year until 2020. Half of them repeat, half of them new.

I don't think Diego Garcia is a country. I believe it's a British territory. I've been there as well during my military days.
If I put "a British territory" people would have wondered which one so I saved them the trouble.

US
Canada
Mexico
Britain
France

States in the US.....probably 3/4 of them.

UK
France
Spain
Italy
Netherlands
Belgium
Portugal
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Lichtenstein
Luxembourg
Greece
Denmark
Sweden
Norway
Iceland
USA
Canada
Brazil
Argentina
Chile
China
Vietnam
India
Nepal
S Korea
New Zealand

Honestly though I'v tended to go back to the places I enjoy most in recent years, last time I went to a country I hadnt been to before was probably 15 years ago. For European trips it tends to be Italy, for longer distance Patagona, Nepal or the USA.

Last edited:
America - California, Colorado, year in total
Mexico
England
Ireland
Wales
Scotland
N. Ireland
France
Germany
Holland
Spain (spend a lot of time there)
Portugal
Italy (lived there as a child)
Austria
Switzerland
China
Fiji (lived for a year)
New Zealand
Turkey
Greece (lived there as a child)
Morocco
Tunisia
Luxembourg
Does Monaco count?

I'm sure I've forgotten a few...
Jeez Buff, you lived a journey. I can't stand moving lol hahahaha.

UK
France
Spain
Italy
Netherlands
Belgium
Portugal
Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Lichtenstein
Luxembourg
Greece
Denmark
Sweden
Norway
Iceland
USA
Canada
Brazil
Argentina
Chile
China
Vietnam
India
Nepal
S Korea
New Zealand

Honestly though I'v tended to go back to the places I enjoy most in recent years, last time I went to a country I hadnt been to before was probably 15 years ago. For European trips it tends to be either Italy, for longer distance Patagona, Nepal or the USA.
Which is your favorite

Jeez Buff, you lived a journey. I can't stand moving lol hahahaha.
I've done it so many times that I don't ever feel comfortable staying in one place for too long... I'm slowing down as I get older though. I'm spending more time in London these last few years, although that's mostly because of commitments. If I could be anywhere and earning, I'd be in Spain.

Tbh I don't really call anywhere home, and I'm not from any one place in particular... Not that I'm complaining, it was a wild ride and I have zero material attachment to anything - no childhood things left, and when I go places I buy cheap clothes and give them away when I leave apart from a rucksack of essentials... Again, that's slowing down as I accumalte work things, and I have a missus now, but I still spend a lot of time working in Spain... I cannot advise taking time out from your surroundings highly enough for dealing with mental health issues... Its not running away, its reconfiguring.

I've done it so many times that I don't ever feel comfortable staying in one place for too long... I'm slowing down as I get older though. I'm spending more time in London these last few years, although that's mostly because of commitments. If I could be anywhere and earning, I'd be in Spain.

Tbh I don't really call anywhere home, and I'm not from any one place in particular... Not that I'm complaining, it was a wild ride and I have zero material attachment to anything - no childhood things left, and when I go places I buy cheap clothes and give them away when I leave apart from a rucksack of essentials... Again, that's slowing down as I accumalte work things, and I have a missus now, but I still spend a lot of time working in Spain... I cannot advise taking time out from your surroundings highly enough for dealing with mental health issues... Its not running away, its reconfiguring.
IIRC, you are the one who talked about being a chef in many posts ago right??
That's an interesting lifestyle you had Buff, do your wife come with you or does she stay? What about parents? I always worried about my parents if I go too far.

Countries: 14 but I may be forgetting a couple.

States: Majority of the lower 48. Without a map I would guess around 40.

I’ve been to a bunch, also I’ve been to the majority of the states here in the US. I am flying from LA to Malta in two weeks for a conference. I can’t wait!

IIRC, you are the one who talked about being a chef in many posts ago right??
That's an interesting lifestyle you had Buff, do your wife come with you or does she stay? What about parents? I always worried about my parents if I go too far.
Yeah man, thats me... Being a chef is like being a pianist - no matter what town you're in, someone always needs one - you can pretty much pick your spot, and at the start of the season there is ALWAYS work in a kitchen if you're willing to take local wages and learn the language, and a lot of places need English speakers anyway. Its all about how you approach it.

I wouldn't say its a lucrative way of living, I l didn't have 2 pennies to rub together until my 30s when I started teaching, but I've had my fun, and talked myself out of more shitty situations than a crackhead.

As for my people - I love them all, and look after them, but its a complicated situation. Plus I'm never in a situation that I can't return from immediately... Its just how I've always been - they're the ones that moved me around in the first place! Lmao!

Yeah man, thats me... Being a chef is like being a pianist - no matter what town you're in, someone always needs one - you can pretty much pick your spot, and at the start of the season there is ALWAYS work in a kitchen if you're willing to take local wages and learn the language, and a lot of places need English speakers anyway. Its all about how you approach it.

I wouldn't say its a lucrative way of living, I l didn't have 2 pennies to rub together until my 30s when I started teaching, but I've had my fun, and talked myself out of more shitty situations than a crackhead.

As for my people - I love them all, and look after them, but its a complicated situation. Plus I'm never in a situation that I can't return from immediately... Its just how I've always been - they're the ones that moved me around in the first place! Lmao!
Hahahaa, you have a very cool life Buff. I can't do it though. I need structure in my life hahah. I'm already very impulsive, it's going to be hard for me to keep moving around.

Not as much as I would like, been to 7.

US
Canada
Mexico
Dominican Republic
United Arab Emirates (Dubai)
Thailand
Singapore

Now that travel restrictions are starting to ease up again I plan on adding Japan, Indonesia (Bali), and Australia to the list next year.

I wanted to go to Russia but I think that dream is dead.

Uruguay, Argentina, Germany and Ireland. Add in the USA and that's 5.

Been to Uruguay and Argentina multiple times Germany and Ireland were one time things.

Sadly I haven't done much international travelling in my life.

In North America I've been to Canada and Mexico. Jamaica and the Cayman Islands but only for like a day or two in each place.

I've been to England and Ireland.

I'm going to Japan in March though.

Canada
Mexico
Honduras
Peru
Suriname
Benin
Djibouti
England
Ireland
Iceland
Portugal
Spain
France
Luxembourg
Germany - Lived in
Belgium
Switzerland
Italy
Vatican City
Czech Republic
Poland
Russia
Armenia
Jordan
Israel
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia
Qatar
Pakistan
South Korea - lived there
North Korea - Technically on a DMZ tour
Japan

Wow, that's impressive. Is it because of work or are you a travel junkie?

Also, out of your list, could you pls rank the top 5 worth visiting, in your opinion?

Back