How many names do you recognize from the upcoming UFC fight night?

I was talking about Pele Landijohns bareknuckle fights on AOL chatrooms in the 90s. Outside of Arvloski I haven't heard of any of them.

How many names would a hardcore fan be able to recognize?

If I recognize less than 3, I am a casual?

I only recognize Tim Elliott, Ababubakar Nurmagomedov, Andrei Arlovski, Jim Miller and Jared Gordon.

Haven't really seen any of their fights apart from Jim Miller, Tim Ellliott and Jared Gordon against Paddy Pimblett
screenshot-2023-05-22-8-10-01-am-png.984045

75% of them

The most hardcore fans around can't even keep up man -- I have no kids and it just isn't possible. I used to be able to brief myself on all UFC cards and most big regional shows. These days, I usually recongize maybe 2/3 of the fighters in the UFC and I follow regional shows but typically only watch the highlights as opposed to watching them live. I'm loving it though -- having high level MMA ever week is awesome.

We're in the same boat. I recognize 14 or 15, although to be fair I just don't watch women's MMA and I miss cards semi often and only go back and watch the fights/highlights that had my interest so sometimes I miss a ton. This card isn't that bad though and I generally am only familiar with like 2/3 of the cards.

All of them. Whether I give a fuck about them is another thing, and yeah there's not many I do.

I only recognize Tim Elliott, Ababubakar Nurmagomedov, Andrei Arlovski, Jim Miller and Jared Gordon.

Haven't really seen any of their fights apart from Jim Miller, Tim Ellliott and Jared Gordon against Paddy Pimblett

Daaaamn, only Kai Kara, Abubakar, Elizeu and Arlovski. So 4 that i watched.
UFC is dying bro.

Kara France
Albazi
Caceres
Elliott
Mullarkey
Guram
Nurmagomedov
dos Santos
Arlovski

I'm a filthy casual looks like

<TheWire1>

I recognize them all, most of them from this thread though.

Why tf is Jamie mullarkey fighting Guram?

Hopefully it’s a banger but Jamie is gonna get wrestle fucked in the apex. All alone, no fans, Sad.

They should just lock guram, damir, arman and gamrot in the cage together until they figure out who’s the best of them. Then send the other 3 to a different promotion. How many high level grapplers does lw need?

I have think Guram is a striker not a grappler

I know about half total, and the vast majority of the main card.
Really looking forward to seeing Guram Kutateladze fighting again. That dude has legit some of the best striking in the UFC.

Kai - I've seen his fights, solid entertaining fighter
Amir Albazi - familiar name, can't remember any of his fights
Tim Elliott & Caceres & Pineda - yeah, I've seen their fights
Mullarkey - familiar name, I had to search wiki to remember seeing him fighting vs Turner & MJ
Guram - solid fighter actually, Chimaev's bjj after ill
Nurmagomedov - this is the -gomedov with some losses, I know about him, can't remember his fights
Arlo - it's 2023, yeah, I know about Arlo
Don'Tale Mayes - a can for Arlo so he can win some fights, but can't remember his fights

Yu Frey is the only WMMA I know from there, I've seen a great KO from her (non-UFC)

Lins and Grishin sound familiar.
Also, I know I've heard about Da'Mon because the name sounded interesting.
But no idea about him.
Or the others

Shit card actually!

Bet on Guram!

recognize 13 names, happy i dont recognize even one female on the card

Back