How many PPV buys does Conor/Chandler do?

Yes.

The original is much better. The CGI used for fight scenes is atrocious. And I never need to see Conor’s bare ass again, alright. And was Conor speaking with an accent, other than his own? Or did they dub over his usual clown voice? It’s bizarre, imo.

But I had to watch it, just so my opinion is based on reality. Not the opinion of others. It’s like a fight. You can’t judge it if you didn’t see it.
Just judging from the trailers I'm not sure I want to invest time into something that would be a waste of time.

And if conor's ass naked then count me out.

Oh Jeff don't get me started on the disgusting and absurd price of UFC PPV.

I think we all said at the time that upping the cost to $80 per PPV was going to hurt them, and it has!, the price is absurd and ridiculous, its way too expensive.. because you have to remember UFC does a PPV every single month, its not like a one-off $80 and thats it. $80 if you keep spending it adds up and adds up and adds up and before you know it you have spent tons of money. You also have to have an ESPN+ Sub.. so the price of that also!!!!. The price does not reflect a lot of the cards, I'm sorry I love MMA and you know I do.. but the price is not right, especially when people have lost their jobs because of Covid and so many people are struggling these days.

I remember I brought UFC 40 for $24.95 and they had 5% off if you booked before the day of the PPV.. so 5% off 24.95 ($23.70)

UFC 40 was brilliant, well worth the money and great event, the prelims were like the main cards of todays PPVs (if not better). They put so much effort into the show, the way it was all set up, the lighting, the promos, the interviews, everything.

The price is way too much now, I get that everything goes up, no problem, I understand that, however going from $23.70 too $80 (plus also the ESPN+ Sub price) is outrageous. I can't justify it

You beat me to the sport by a few years.

My first PPV I saw live was UFC 52.
Absolutely STACKED card.
Screenshot_20240423_133800_Brave.jpg

I had taped the TUF I FINALE card on VHS and Ultimate Knockouts (1) and gave it as a gift to the dude who hosted the party for the PPV. Thru had the PPV on the big TV in the living room and the TUF finale playing on the TV in a bedroom of this LA apartment.

Great night.

But I was still in my 20s and BROKE.
Working as a musician, getting by but barely.

I watched Chuck lose his title to Rampage thru the window of Burbank Hooters, and saw several good cards there, including Hughes vs BJ 2.

When I moved back home after getting married my first recollections of buying PPVs and I think they were around $40, but that is a long time ago. Like I said above my earliest foggy, drug and age afflicted memory was about 39.99/ SD 49/HD but that was 2008 or so after I had bought my first house.

I had a rager party for BJ vs GSP 2 PPV.
My mother in law decided to randomly drop by and I was on acid and mushrooms... also had a party vs Anderson vs Vitor in that same house.
Good times.

That era of one stacked PPV a month was sweet. I look back and they hold up pretty damn well. $40/card and I felt like that was fair, but they got greedy from there and didn't raise the quality of the product or keep up with building new stars to justify the price increases, imo, and I bet others who survived that era likely agree.

Last edited:
It's gonna get promoted heavy and Conor will push it. He's got a lot going for him to make this fight huge, his social media is much bigger than 3 years ago, he's got the movie that came out.

I am guessing you're gonna get a 1.5 to 2 mill PPV.

You beat me to the sport by a few years.

My first PPV I saw live was UFC 52.
Absolutely STACKED card.
View attachment 1041065

I had taped the TUF I FINALE card on VHS and gave it as a gift to the dude who hosted the party for the PPV. Thru had the PPV on the big TV in the living room and the TUF finale playing on the TV in a bedroom of this LA apartment.

Great night.

But I was still in my 20s and BROKE.
Working as a musician, getting by but barely.

I watched Chuck lose his title to Rampage thru the window of Burbank Hooters, and saw several good cards there, including Hughes vs BJ 2.

When I moved back home after getting married my first recollections of buying PPVs and I think they were around $40, but that is a long time ago. Like I said above my earliest foggy, drug and age afflicted memory was about 39.99/ SD 49/HD but that was 2008 or so after I had bought my first house.

I had a rager party for BJ vs GSP 2 PPV.
My mother in law decided to randomly drop by and I was on acid and mushrooms... also had a party vs Anderson vs Vitor in that same house.
Good times.

That era of one stacked PPV a month was sweet. I look back and they hold up pretty damn well. $40/card and I felt like that was fair, but they got greedy from there and didn't raise the quality of the product or keep up with building new stars to justify the price increases, imo, and I bet others who survived that era likely agree.
Oh wow I remember UFC 52, that was such a great event! right after the very first TUF. I thought Randy would beat Chuck again to be honest, I was shocked when he got knocked out in the 1st round. I thought Randy had his number.

The Hughes vs Trigg fight was awesome, such a great fight, it was so exciting, I'll never ever forget that fight. That was a 9/10 event, really entertaining.

Yeah that was such a great era for MMA, and it was the best era, it also helped that you had so many great other MMA orgs as well at that time. The price hike is way too much, its disgusting. I know people will say "the price of things goes up" yes yes yes we get that and understand, but the HUGE price hike for a much inferior product is not right. Pepsi (just an example) the price of their 2L bottle may have gone up over the last 15 years BUT its the same product, its the same Pepsi, its exactly the same thing. UFC its not the same product, its not the same thing you are paying for, the cards are nowhere near as good and deep, and the price jump is outrageous. Its not gone up a little.

I've always felt like the $80 asking price plus with the ESPN+ Sub price is going to hurt UFC badly, its put so many people off and priced out the real fans, in the long run its going to cost them, not make them profit.

This place people still based how they feel as factual?

Atleast be honest and just say “ I’m always going to say a low number. That way when it does happen 10 fights later, I can say I was right”

I think it will sell more than many are expecting. It feels like Connor is still a massive draw to casuals. I am already invited to watch the PPV and friends place. They texted me the day after the announcement... they didnt even watch UFC 300.

I won’t comment on the PPV buys but if the card is fairly stacked I’ll buy it. If not……..that’s a stream for me dawg.

Conor is too old, undisciplined, and coked out to be relevant in the UFC anymore. It will definitely generate hype and interest, but not comparable to his younger years

zero.gif

Fight ain’t gonna happen

I'd like to think that the interest in conman has declined and the buys will be well below his normal level. However, i have feeling that it will do over as million. There are still a lot of brain dead people out that think it's still 2016

On the backs of UFC 300 and Road House? That card will sell. UFC is hot right now, and Conor is still its biggest star. Will do over 1m, easy.

Conor is still very popular among casuals. Still by far the biggest name out there. It juat isnt about wins and losses anymore. 900k min - 1.5mill max imo.

Hardcores maybe not that much into him but thats only like 100k-200k and they buy every card (or stream) so it doesnt affect the buyrate that much.

Conor is still a big star. He'll draw no matter what.

The question is how much?

The Chandler fight doesn't have NEARLY the intrigue of Khabib, Nate fights or even the Poirier rematches. The general public doesn't know (or care much) for Chandler. He's not a star or a top guy by any metric.

On the other hand, it's Conor's first fight in 3 years, and they'll bill it as "return of the king" or some bullshit like that. Curiousity might get the better of the general public. All the hardcores will be watching, whether they admit it or not.

If I had to guess, I'm saying 1.2 Million. We will probably never get an accurate number now that UFC doesn't release them, but I'm sure if it does well, they will want to.

Predictions? And why?
About tree fiddy

Conor is still a big star. He'll draw no matter what.

The question is how much?

The Chandler fight doesn't have NEARLY the intrigue of Khabib, Nate fights or even the Poirier rematches. The general public doesn't know (or care much) for Chandler. He's not a star or a top guy by any metric.

On the other hand, it's Conor's first fight in 3 years, and they'll bill it as "return of the king" or some bullshit like that. Curiousity might get the better of the general public. All the hardcores will be watching, whether they admit it or not.

If I had to guess, I'm saying 1.2 Million. We will probably never get an accurate number now that UFC doesn't release them, but I'm sure if it does well, they will want to.

Predictions? And why?
I don’t know. Maybe 1 maybe.” I don’t know what kinda star Conor is anymore

Have to disagree with the lowballers here, Conor may be a clown and a flooded out ghost of his former self, but he's still a huge draw. Card should easily break a million, probably 1 million plus at least tree fiddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back