How much $100 is worth in your state

Funny thing about that... My company's charter is based in Souix Falls, SD. There's like seven employees of my company that work out of there. Two of them moved from San Diego to hold down the fort over there with the idea that they would maybe stay a year and they decided to stay permanently because the cost of living was so much cheaper.

I don't know how they do it. I'd go fucking nuts after a couple of months.
Damn, I hear it is freaking cold out there lol

California is actually pretty sweet if you live outside the Bay area and LA. Cost of living is much cheaper everywhere else and there's mobile handymen walking around everywhere who will rake your leaves or fix your electrical for a 40oz of OE, a few bucks, and a pack of cigs.

Man, what the fuck? The article was dated 11-23. What a crock of click bait bullshit. We need current numbers!
yeah that was some click bait, almost like the author needed to meet a minimal articles for the month to get paid.

well I found a one from data from February 2022 and its really close to the same for my state(iowa) 110.74 to 111.00 in 2022, so not much change in those 7 years

Of course I live in California and of course the only other state I would live in is even worse (Hawaii).

Thats an average of the whole state of California, here in the Bay Area its worth like 14 cent
Big facts. But Brandon in the White House says everyone is doing great and there's no inflation <Fedor23>

I think that the average pay in each state is also relevant:
You could multiply the median wage by the value of $100 to get a better idea of where you would be getting ahead.

Instead of just looking at the overall median wage, it would be better to look at the median wage for your particular occupation.

Last edited:
What a useless thread. This data is almost a decade old. And nowwhere represents my State in 2023.

$92 bucks. I need to retire and move ASAP.

Tucson is cheap AF compared to CA I drank and ate a ton there and had only spent like 30 dollars in CA it would have been over 100 dollars.

102.04 for Nevada. Press x to doubt. The cost of living is insanely high, there aren't enough places to rent and even the spots in the ghetto are 1k+

Food and gas prices are high. FFS we only recently got under $5 a gallon again.

102.04 for Nevada. Press x to doubt. The cost of living is insanely high, there aren't enough places to rent and even the spots in the ghetto are 1k+

Damn, I knew gas was high there but not that high. I got premium at Costco here for $4.65 the other day

Lol that cost living is not high I can get a gargantuan luxury apt in centennial hills in las vegas with a washer and dryer for 2 grand a month which is cheaper than my bills in L.A county. What I get for 3 k a month in nevada is insane compared to CA like I didn't even believe the real estate people.

Lol that cost living is not high I can get a gargantuan luxury apt in centennial hills in las vegas with a washer and dryer for 2 grand a month which is cheaper than my bills in L.A county. What I get for 3 k a month in nevada is insane compared to CA like I didn't even believe the real estate people.
Of course, jobs pay less in Vegas though. In fact, unless you're in the gaming industry, the jon market kind of sucks there.

It is when you're talking about studio apartments and *renovated" motel rooms. If you want a one bedroom apartment and don't want it to be in the hood, you're looking at more like $1300 to $1500. And Reno sucks a bag of dicks in nearly every way, compared to desirable cities with high cost of living.

Damn, I knew gas was high there but not that high. I got premium at Costco here for $4.65 the other day
First year I've seen it stay around $5 all the way into winter. It JUST started coming down maybe a month ago.

Back