How much does beating Ngannou add to Jones' legacy?

Ecstasy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When the Jones x Ngannou fight inevitably happens and IF Jones ends up winning an extremely dominant UD or finds a late submission (the two likely ways Jones would win), where would you rank this amongst his best wins?

If you don't think Jones is the GOAT would him beating Ngannou change your mind?

Many believe he is not the GOAT because steroids + weaker competition at LHW + controversial decisions vs Gus & Santos + loss vs Reyes

Him beating Ngannou would be impressive for me, but not that impressive after seeing what Stipe did to him. Fighters like Ngannou are scary and can KO anybody, but they can also easily loose to a well rounded fighter like Jones, Stipe, DC.

If he beats Ngannou then IMO he's a lock to win against whoever's champion, DC or Cormier. He should just take that fight, win the belt, and retire undefeated with his health intact. He would go down as the undisputed GOAT

If he beats Ngannou then IMO he's a lock to win against whoever's champion, DC or Cormier. He should just take that fight, win the belt, and retire undefeated with his health intact. He would go down as the undisputed GOAT
giphy.gif

He's currently sitting at #2 on my GOAT ranking after GSP

He'd still be at #2 if he beats Ngannou

That would be huge for his legacy. PEDs aside, the only thing people can knock on Jones is that he never tested himself at HW. Francis at the moment is the ultimate test at HW.

When the Jones x Ngannou fight inevitably happens and IF Jones ends up winning an extremely dominant UD or finds a late submission (the two likely ways Jones would win), where would you rank this amongst his best wins?

If you don't think Jones is the GOAT would him beating Ngannou change your mind?
If you include juicers, i have jones at number 1 due to the names he has beaten and how dominant he was.
Beating Francis is good for his resume but far from his best wins. Winning a second belt at HW would be huge for his legacy

Masssive, I’d be like gsp beating TRT Belfort

beating blaydes would be great for his legacy. Just fight a competent heavyweight jon

He has no legacy. He ruined it when he was outed as a career long steroid cheat. Close this dumb thread.

Even if Jon pokes out both of his eyes, he'd still get knocked out

Many believe he is not the GOAT because steroids + weaker competition at LHW + controversial decisions vs Gus & Santos + loss vs Reyes

Him beating Ngannou would be impressive for me, but not that impressive after seeing what Stipe did to him. Fighters like Ngannou are scary and can KO anybody, but they can also easily loose to a well rounded fighter like Jones, Stipe, DC.
I dont think theres anything wrong with the level of competition at LWH, Jones is just that good he makes everyone else look bad. Everybody was gansta until they fought Jones, not even black Fedor could defeat him and he tried twice

A lot. Beating an elite contender at a higher division is huge.

It would make him the undisputed GOAT imo, the other candidates wouldnt be in the discussion anymore. Just imagine what Ngannou would do to everyone Jones ever fought not named DC, and how quickly he would do it.

When the Jones x Ngannou fight inevitably happens.....No disrespect but this makes you sound really new to the sport.

It would be significantly more impressive/legacy worthy than GSP beating Blind Bisping.

He has already beat DC soundly so if he beats Ngannou he should get a shout at Miocic which he has talked about before. He he was to move up, beat such a dangerous guy and then beat the champ he is GOAT. He passes GSP and Fedor without a doubt.

Today: Francis is already a Top 10 all time HW. He's a future champ, most dangerous striker in the division.

After Jones beats him: Francis was never that good. Go back to his fights with Stipe, and Lewis. Dudes a bum

Back