How often do you get a haircut?

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I get a nice tight skin fade so I usually go every 2-3 weeks.

However all the barbers here in NYC is $35 minimum, which is $40 with tip. Some run as much as $60 per cut

That runs to be $1k a year on haircuts alone

Every 2 weeks, $25 at my local barber. My hair also takes less than 10 mins to cut and I don't fuss over it too much

I get a nice tight skin fade so I usually go every 2-3 weeks.

However all the barbers here in NYC is $35 minimum, which is $40 with tip. Some run as much as $60 per cut

That runs to be $1k a year on haircuts alone
My hair cuts are cheaper but I tip a bit more. I usually give a $10 tip if I like the hair and they are friendly/don’t smell bad. I’ll only tip 5 if it’s a haircut I’ll have to fix at home with my own razor

I got once every three weeks

Once a week.

Ever since Covid/lockdown, I started cutting my own hair.

Super easy since I got the hang of it.

I just use clippers all around, then trim my beard at the same time.

Love it.

I do a buzz cut once a month by myself.

I don't let it grow long, because I'm not a fan of my curly hair.

Haven't cut my hair in two years. Used to go to the barber twice a week.

The official "black guy rule" is every 2 weeks... or so I've been told.

I'd probably average 2 1/2 when I want to look good/professional. During my hairline prime, I could milk it faaar longer.

During the pandemic I just wouldn't gaf, I'd just wear a baseball cap when I'd leave the house and would probably go well over a month.

Now, I use the sponge brush and got a faux hawk thing going so I can go for a while as a messy fro adds to the aesthetic. I'm going on like 3 or 4 weeks now, I'll likely get one soon.

3 a year is enough to keep me looking professional since I cut it really short. I couldn’t imagine spending anymore than $100 a year.

Once a month, except when I go once every six months.

Also, no tipping. They've already saved enough money skipping college.

In the past 10yrs i've gone to the barber like 3-4 times. I've got a lot of hair so i usually just grow it long and then clean up the back and sides myself every month or so.

The official "black guy rule" is every 2 weeks... or so I've been told.

I'd probably average 2 1/2 when I want to look good/professional. During my hairline prime, I could milk it faaar longer.

During the pandemic I just wouldn't gaf, I'd just wear a baseball cap when I'd leave the house and would probably go well over a month.

Now, I use the sponge brush and got a faux hawk thing going so I can go for a while as a messy fro adds to the aesthetic. I'm going on like 3 or 4 weeks now, I'll likely get one soon.
I remember one of my best friends in NJ (a brotha) would go every 12 days like clockwork with his pops - It always amazed me how often they went since I would only go every couple months.

3 a year is enough to keep me looking professional since I cut it really short. I couldn’t imagine spending anymore than $100 a year.

Yeah I go around every four months.

Once a month, doesn’t grow as fast as it once did.
It’s cool though, cause I’m good enough, smart enough…
images

10-14 days. Too much grey on the side to keep it growing out for too long.

I have no schedule.

I can still grow nice luscious long hair so I mix it up with styles all the time.

Back