How smart is your home?

Dumber than a second coat of paint

Home is dumb. Nothing smart here including myself. Still think I should have kept the slide phone.

The only smart item I would like is a wifi water meter & automated valve that can shut off if there is a water line rupture.

I have a ceiling fan. Derrrrr

Put Alexa in a box years ago. Fridge, thermostat, garage opener, TV, are all wifi capable but not connected. Aside from phones and computers, the Dish Network Hopper and the security cams are the only thing connected to the wifi.

My home is pretty dumb right now. I have one smart device that I pretty much use as an alarm clock and nothing else.

But I have a buddy with a smart garage door opener that's pretty cool. It sends him alerts if he forgets to close it. And he can open/close with his phone which is handy like if you want to let a neighbor in your house to check on your pets or something.

Sometimes I do think it would be cool to have voice activated lights and fans and whatnot.

Anyhoo, how smart is your home? So you love your smart devices or are they just another problem?
It's full of smart new devices that can be hooked up to the internet... but are all unplugged or have their network disabled.

The only item I have actually connected to the net is my Tesla powerwall as I am interested in seeing the power usage and how much my solar is generating.

Outside of the TV's, it's pretty derp.

i recently installed smart light switches and programed them to turn on at dawn and turn off at dusk. I love it because i would always forget to turn the lights on or off. Now Amazon knows when i turn my lights on.

Back