How tf Poirier is getting a TS?

If no one cares about merit, then why is anyone bellyaching about Porier? Belal is a clearer #1 contender than Tsarukyan.
not sure about that last part but I agree generally. Tsarukyan is as legit as it gets and is as proven as belal now.

One last title shot. Arman can wait it out, he's young. Like Tyrone did back in the day.

DP beat Justin, Max 2x, Conor 2x, Eddie and now a strong up and Conor. It's now or never.

Actually Islam is probably gonna choke him out but it'll make for a good fight.

not sure about that last part but I agree generally. Tsarukyan is as legit as it gets and is as proven as belal now.
I would be happy with a Tsarukyan title shot, but to be clear, Belal has been a pretty clear top contender for like three years now. And he already won a fight that was announced and sold as a #1 contenders fight.

I know it's not ideal, but, Arman is young and will have plenty of time to get his rematch with Islam.
Poirier is on his way out and hasn't already lost to Islam, like Arman has.
I'm ok with it.
<Fedor23>

I would be happy with a Tsarukyan title shot, but to be clear, Belal has been a pretty clear top contender for like three years now. And he already won a fight that was announced and sold as a #1 contenders fight.
Sure sure, but know the difference is belal has not beaten a legit number 1 contender and former champ in charles.

That win is more legit than any of belal's wins in the last 3 years. obviously not his fault, as everyone ducks him but yeah worth mentioning.

Because as people like to claim ufc is about the best fighting the best, realistically it’s no better than boxing

It makes no sense and proves that Justin just threw his title shot away by fighting Max

Arman will fight the winner of Dustin and Islam.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Dustin is a company man that made better timing decisions, good on him.

Ya don't care to find out who's the best in the world? You don't sound like an MMA fan to me.
No one thinks that Belal is an uncrowned king. If anyone is a future champion at WW it's most likely Shavkat or JDM. I'd rather see those 2 get a TS.

Yup, Arman is such an easy pick over Dustin, it's ridiculous.

I don't even like Arman and like Dustin but it's ridiculous, nonetheless.

Not ridiculous at all. It's all timing and the preferences from Dustin and the UFC.

He is 1-1 in his last 2
2-2 in his last 4

He is getting a TS of beating one guy that wan't even top 10 ranked !!!!!!!

That's crazy!

Poirier already got choked out by Oliveira, knocked out by Gaethje and he is going to lose to Islam too!

Arman should be the one fighting for the title next!

I don't think you understand the timing. Islam wants to fight soon and he's not waiting till July 27th cause he and the UFC need him for October Abu Dhabi show. Arman can't turn around for June 1st.

Dustin on June 1st and then Arman Oct 26th makes perfect sense.

other lightweights "didnt want to fight"

Poirier gave Dana an international Highlight KO.

Arman hugged out a Split Decision.

How TF can you guys not see this for what it is?

I'd rather this than Islam just sit out and wait for Arman to be ready, because that fight will probably happen before year's end anyway.

A few things:

Islam wanting a cherry picked matchup

Ali being a slimeball and facilitating this at the expense of another one of his client's aspirations

The UFC going with the matchup that makes the most money instead of merit.

Yes, blame Islam.

You guys are funny.

Poirier gave Dana an international Highlight KO.

Arman hugged out a Split Decision.

How TF can you guys not see this for what it is?

That Poirier KO was against a guy who wasn't even top 10 ranked LOL

Arman beat a former champ, #1 ranked and for the record the one who tapped Poirier easily not too long ago

He is 1-1 in his last 2
2-2 in his last 4

He is getting a TS of beating one guy that wan't even top 10 ranked !!!!!!!

That's crazy!

Poirier already got choked out by Oliveira, knocked out by Gaethje and he is going to lose to Islam too!

Arman should be the one fighting for the title next!
makes more sense now olives and justin just lost and he won his last

Poor timing + Islam talking like he wanted a fight and doing fuck all to get it done before Ramadan.
So that's where we are.

Back