Movies How was Eternals?

I thought it was among the worst of the MCU movies, and also felt completely disconnected from the MCU. At the time of watching it I felt it was the worst MCU movie but I might have to give that distinction to Antman 3, and I haven’t seen the Marvels so maybe that takes the crown.

I thought it was among the worst of the MCU movies, and also felt completely disconnected from the MCU. At the time of watching it I felt it was the worst MCU movie but I might have to give that distinction to Antman 3, and I haven’t seen the Marvels so maybe that takes the crown.

to each there own but Eternals was the worst MCU for me. Convoluted and way too many characters. Just a total miss.

Wasted potential.
They tried to shove too many characters and too much story into one film while also trying and failing it to connect it to the broader MCU. The major thing that sets the Eternals apart is that they are....eternal. With 9 different characters involved with different cultures over thousands of years this origin story could and should have been a trilogy.

Was the movie thst WAS awful but compared to current mcu it was greatness

It wasnt terrible but I felt rather "DCish" to me, trying to introduce too much at once and casting which depends on both older names on the decline and younger ones from a "whats hot" list rather than really suiting the roles, Barry Keoghan being the exception.
I would add that even with all that it was still significantly better than any DCEU film I'v seen.

It was awful. I was watching in the movie theater and around the halfway point I said to myself, fuck this and took a nap.

I thought it was better than reviews claimed. Not that it was good, mind you, but it wasn't the worst thing to hit the screen since Highlander 2 or anything. It was overambitious, trying to cram too much into its runtime. Like Icarus himself, it tried to fly too high.

Super long movie where these fools keep saving the universe in all kinds of realms and times. Felt like groundhogs day with half assed superheroes. Felt like I was watching the movie on repeat as I kept waking up and seeing them save the world again lol. Has an unnecessary sex scene on the beach (no towel down) and a fat gay Cedric the entertainer character who has a husband and kid... I highly recommend the movie lol

It was ok, but as someone else already said it would have been better as a mini series, or even a full series.

Didn't like some of the changes they made with the characters, but nothing too get worked up over.

Shang Chi was much better.

It was better than the haters are saying but doesn't rise to better than mediocre.

Back