Social How well can you handle yourself in a street fight? (One on One)

How well can you handle yourself in a street fight? (One on One)

• Total voters
These days I just goosfraba and walk away. I also look crazy enough that crackheads leave me be.
<HisEye>

Reactions: HHJ
4th Dan Tkd . Brown belt bjj. Limited wrestling /boxing experience as youth . Studying jkd/mma for 20 years . Lift 3x week . Bjj or mma 2x week. Two days Long walks …but I’m middle aged. Lost a step . I think I could do well against an untrained . Non athletic person who didn’t outeeigh me by 100 lbs(I’m 187) . But nowadays a lot of cats know “ something .” Even an athletic guy who watches ufc regularly can pick up moves . Plus it seems younger gen is bigger , taller and stronger . Plus you could go against someone who is Ridiculously strong , fast , athletic and explosive plus he could be a seasoned street fighter or even a wrestler or mma fighter /boxer . Too many variables .

I'm 37 and all banged up. Many surgeries.
Still won't get messed with. I'm able to defend myself and whoever I need. Unless gunpowder, that'd scare my ass.

4th Dan Tkd . Brown belt bjj. Limited wrestling /boxing experience as youth . Studying jkd/mma for 20 years . Lift 3x week . Bjj or mma 2x week. Two days Long walks …but I’m middle aged. Lost a step . I think I could do well against an untrained . Non athletic person who didn’t outeeigh me by 100 lbs(I’m 187) . But nowadays a lot of cats know “ something .” Even an athletic guy who watches ufc regularly can pick up moves . Plus it seems younger gen is bigger , taller and stronger . Plus you could go against someone who is Ridiculously strong , fast , athletic and explosive plus he could be a seasoned street fighter or even a wrestler or mma fighter /boxer . Too many variables .
You're surely more graduated than me. I've trained from 6 to 29 or so.
Apparently you have no confidence.
At your level and size, that shouldn't be an issue. At all.

Edit: you have more belts than most UFC champs ffs

You're surely more graduated than me. I've trained from 6 to 29 or so.
Apparently you have no confidence.
At your level and size, that shouldn't be an issue. At all.

Edit: you have more belts than most UFC champs ffs
I got a lot of confidence . I’m just realistic . Been in toms of fights when younger . I’m just realistic . You CAN lose . And I have . Both in street fights and competition . Seen people get wrecked in street fights BAD. Seen cats shot . Stabbed . Bottled . I will go Into a fight believing I can win but you must also accept you could lose too . It’s not a confidence thing . Confidence is fucking overrated . “ the confidence of amateurs is the envy of professionals “ famous quote. But I get what you’re saying . AVOID street fights people!

- High School Wrestling
- About a year of boxing training
- Small amount of shoot wrestling training

I got in plenty of fights when younger and a handful as an adult. Most people are untrained so any training at all gives the trained person an advantage. Pushing 40 now and haven't been in a fight since about 4-5 years back so I'm not sure how any future fights will go. I am currently in a fight with Father Time (like we all are) and hopefully no others come my way.

I got a lot of confidence . I’m just realistic . Been in toms of fights when younger . I’m just realistic . You CAN lose . And I have . Both in street fights and competition . Seen people get wrecked in street fights BAD. Seen cats shot . Stabbed . Bottled . I will go Into a fight believing I can win but you must also accept you could lose too . It’s not a confidence thing . Confidence is fucking overrated . “ the confidence of amateurs is the envy of professionals “ famous quote. But I get what you’re saying . AVOID street fights people!
Yes, sir. Always.
The best graduation for a street fight is having the ability to run away before bad stuff happens.

Before you get into a fight just say you got AIDS, COVID+, have a gun and just got released from the psych ward with that look in your eye. Chances are they will back off.

I can take a punch and I’m okay to good at grappling. My cardio is shit at the moment. For me avoiding fights at all cost is the move.

I would do th eMr. Fuji- beg for forgiveness, and bunch him in the bac of the head as soon as he turned around to walk away

I trained for a few yrs and did fine when tested in a few confrontations,but I try to avoid them at all costs. It can very easily go bad,and even if you win,you can still get in a lot of trouble. Plus getting hit sucks,and u dont know if the dude can hit like Drew Mcfedries,and im not keen to find out.

Folks that rank themselves above average and say they can handle themselves in a fight. Right! :)
. When was the last time you were in a street fight?
. How do you know who the opponent is going to be? Experience level.
. How do you know there won't be multiple opponents?
. How do you know there won't be a knife in the game?

* The ones that said they would walk away are probably the ones that can fight well.

You say a black belt in some BS art?
Can't fight what you can't see. o_O

Folks that rank themselves above average and say they can handle themselves in a fight. Right! :)
. When was the last time you were in a street fight?
. How do you know who the opponent is going to be? Experience level.
. How do you know there won't be multiple opponents?
. How do you know there won't be a knife in the game?

* The ones that said they would walk away are probably the ones that can fight well.

- 4-5 years ago
- I assume we are talking the average Joe on the street who are mostly untrained
- I assume we are talking one vs. one
- I assume its a "fair fight" with no weapons or outside interference

Obviously professionals would kick our asses.
Obviously someone with a knife would win vs. someone without.

Considering I'm never without two handguns, a knife, and my trust M4 automatic assault rifle, I think I can protect myself quite well :)

I have no idea, I have not been in a fight since middle school so like 30 years. I would never fight someone unless it was entirely self defense or defense of someone else but even then I would only attempt to subdue the person. I'm athletic and strong so I think I could handle myself if I had to but I'd prefer to never find out.

Back