Television How will you view TV series when AI generated fan content becomes the norm

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So apparently there's some controversy about Xmen 97 that I haven't looked into. If fans are so unhappy with current content how exactly are we going to approach new content when the fans themselves can create an entire competing series with the mainstream content using AI. So you have the formal release in X-Men 97 which gets tainted in social and marketing norms, but then you have a fan created AI generated series that sticks close to the original premise. Which one do you go with?

Now imagine this happening with everything, and there's not just one but multiple versions of the same show coming out. Fans don't like Game of Thrones ending = alternate AI generated fan ending. Which version takes precedence here? We should say the official version does but we blatantly saw this fan controlled shift when the fan base forced their own version of the Mass Effect ending. There have been some pretty good fan concepts but now, or soon, they can utilize AI to match the output of an entire studio.

Here is a relatively lazy input and the image in terms of art style can compete with the show. It makes weird lazy mistakes though that are pretty obvious. The prompt here is cyclops punches wolverine while apocalypse observes the fight - Onslaught oversees the brawl in a ghostly panoramic fashion

OIG3 (1).jpeg

OIG3.jpeg

Attachments

• OIG2.jpeg
    OIG2.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I don't know how I'll react to AI taking over the entertainment industry. If it ever does, but I hope not.

Some of the AI stuff is scary. It's starting to get really good. I can't tell if it's original or not unless I pay attention to the details.

Ah yes, just like when the fanfiction community caused the entire writing industry to collapse. That's why there are no known writers anymore and all fiction is just people writing their own stories.

Last series I ever watched is the Sopranos. I'll make it through whatever festival of bullshit AI comes up with.

If AI first take over any form of entertainment, it probably will be something short like those tiktok short videos. I suspect given how steep the investment it is for wide release movies are, the studios will not let AI near movies until it has proven people will eat it up and make money for them.

If AI first take over any form of entertainment, it probably will be something short like those tiktok short videos. I suspect given how steep the investment it is for wide release movies are, the studios will not let AI near movies until it has proven people will eat it up and make money for them.
I suspect that Spiderverse movie was AI

It's gonna be interesting, depending on how far they let it go. If the tech gets to the point where anyone can just type in some names and descriptions and give a brief outline of what they want to see, and have AI just whip something up in a few seconds, why even watch traditional television at that point, when you can literally just create your own movies and TV shows? It has the potential to completely shatter that entire industry. You're not gonna need writers, actors, producers, camera operators, etc. People will just make their own shit and be infinitely entertained. Then, think of the future VR capabilities as well. We're getting pretty damn close to the Holodeck in Star Trek.

I already don’t care much about sheepish entertainment industry. Couldn’t care less if fans are making more shit with or without ai.

I prefer creation to consumerism.

It's gonna be interesting, depending on how far they let it go. If the tech gets to the point where anyone can just type in some names and descriptions and give a brief outline of what they want to see, and have AI just whip something up in a few seconds, why even watch traditional television at that point, when you can literally just create your own movies and TV shows? It has the potential to completely shatter that entire industry. You're not gonna need writers, actors, producers, camera operators, etc. People will just make their own shit and be infinitely entertained. Then, think of the future VR capabilities as well. We're getting pretty damn close to the Holodeck in Star Trek.
the thing is if everyone could do that then everyone would be a writer. Some people have denser imaginations than others stronger writing voices that will translate well. I do see the industry becoming less relevant but think the whole thing will empower creative people while cutting out the pretenders. I cannot stand how oversaturated with copy cats the book publishing industry has become. Just because we have a general acceptance that ideas can be changed and borrowed from others, it doesn't mean you have to dedicate entires genre fields to ripping off already successful works. Modern publishing caters to industry hacks because it is streamlined money

the AI really doesn't want to draw Onslaught
OIG3.n0zKt10K1FKssIN2DDCx

I will revisit this thread tomorrow, after I have watched A9's Prometheus SE fan edit version.

But, why watch something where you as the viewer has complete control? Don't you want a hint of mystery as to what's going to happen?

Back