Television How will you view TV series when AI generated fan content becomes the norm

AI is pretty far away from writing interesting storylines on its own (at least ones that make sense). That said, who knows how fast the tech will improve.

the thing is if everyone could do that then everyone would be a writer.
That's not true when you have AI to fill in the blanks for you. I'm spitballing on the potential capabilities of the tech, but if it does get to a point where AI can just create a show/movie for anyone using very basic templates, writers will be obsolete. The AI will be stealing techniques from writers(great writers) to make the show. Writers won't be needed to laboriously write ONE script, when you can just throw a million darts at the AI dartboard and pick and choose from whatever it comes up with. Chances are, you'll find a great script among the heap, in a lot shorter time than it would take one person to write one script. Not to mention that AI will be able to do everything at once. Not just write a script, but direct it as well, with the actors of your choosing.

I mean, just think of all the red tape they would eliminate. No more big contracts to negotiate with writers, actors, etc. No more paying a city to shut down a section for you to film a couple of scenes for your movie. You can literally think it, and it will be produced...in seconds, and anybody can do it. At that point, it's over. There will be no need for Hollywood. People will be making what would've been a $500 million production, in their basements with nothing else but a computer and a few suggestions for the AI to go off of.

AI is pretty far away from writing interesting storylines on its own (at least ones that make sense). That said, who knows how fast the tech will improve.

'Pretty far away...'

So, in 3 months?

And related to the topic, someone made a 'What If "The Force Awakens" Was Awesome' video, with AI-art & AI-narration of the script. Needless to say, its a huge improvement over the actual movie.

I think it'll be received well and that's what scares me. AI will continue to pick up on what we like to consume and will get better at meeting that demand, which will lead to the point where creation is ultimately useless for most if not all people, which in turn will lead to the entire population doing nothing but consuming.

The best part about art is that it inspires people and pushes creativity, however if we remove that aspect and everyone knows that they cannot compete with programs created to feed consumers then eventually there's really no reason to critically think or generate new ideas. Then we're are fucked.

So apparently there's some controversy about Xmen 97 that I haven't looked into. If fans are so unhappy with current content how exactly are we going to approach new content when the fans themselves can create an entire competing series with the mainstream content using AI. So you have the formal release in X-Men 97 which gets tainted in social and marketing norms, but then you have a fan created AI generated series that sticks close to the original premise. Which one do you go with?

Now imagine this happening with everything, and there's not just one but multiple versions of the same show coming out. Fans don't like Game of Thrones ending = alternate AI generated fan ending. Which version takes precedence here? We should say the official version does but we blatantly saw this fan controlled shift when the fan base forced their own version of the Mass Effect ending. There have been some pretty good fan concepts but now, or soon, they can utilize AI to match the output of an entire studio.

Here is a relatively lazy input and the image in terms of art style can compete with the show. It makes weird lazy mistakes though that are pretty obvious. The prompt here is cyclops punches wolverine while apocalypse observes the fight - Onslaught oversees the brawl in a ghostly panoramic fashion

View attachment 1032619

View attachment 1032620
I won't .

I don´t watch TV a lot in general, it´s already dumb af.
Wouldn´t change anything.

I'll probably be wondering what happened to the white people.

Hadn't thought of it, but would be interesting if alternative created endings would be an option. i've noticed in the past that foreign films I've seen can to often have dreary endings. i watch a movie as an escape. A happier alternative ending would be preferred.

Can you imagine when AI starts to make remakes of its own shows…

Can you imagine when AI starts to make remakes of its own shows…
At some point, there will only be one show with billions of remakes/variations of the same thing.

Somewhat related: I recently watched a bit of a show that was redubbed into English via some AI tech. That tech needs a lot of work because the sound of it was just "off" even though it supposedly mimics the original voices of the actors. This show was a few years old for what it's worth, so I'm not sure when it was actually redubbed.

Is one of these things i can't wait to happen tbh, fans usually have FAR more respect for source material than cunts getting the job, let alone ruin it to please political bullshit

Of course lot of fan stuff will be absolute trash, but that 1% made by people with artistic talent and know-how will be pure gold
At that point yes, will no more need tv series

Even if for sure many of the most talented ones will ask you to pay to see their contents, becoming essentially still a streaming $ervice, but at least will be money for content and not money for getting Netflix trying to push retarded american politics down my throat

Tbh if will take a lot before AI could produce something coherent enough to replace current man-made stuff, but hopefully not too much... there's so much i want to see lol

AI will always need humans or it's useless.

It's gonna be interesting, depending on how far they let it go. If the tech gets to the point where anyone can just type in some names and descriptions and give a brief outline of what they want to see, and have AI just whip something up in a few seconds, why even watch traditional television at that point, when you can literally just create your own movies and TV shows? It has the potential to completely shatter that entire industry. You're not gonna need writers, actors, producers, camera operators, etc. People will just make their own shit and be infinitely entertained. Then, think of the future VR capabilities as well. We're getting pretty damn close to the Holodeck in Star Trek.
Reminds me of the late 90's/early 00's when you could find a new plethora of digital versions of popular Baroque era pieces of music, many done as metal guitar solos or techno music.

Like, would you rather listen to a recording of an accomplished organist playing Bach's Toccata and Fugue in an acoustically supreme hall on a well-maintained organ recorded with high quality condenser mics, or would you rather listen to many slightly different MIDI files of it being spit out from some nerd inputting the notes into Finale or Sibelius with not even a slight missed note but also no human inflection?

Unfortunately for us all, the latter tends to win out.
At some point, there will only be one show with billions of remakes/variations of the same thing.

Somewhat related: I recently watched a bit of a show that was redubbed into English via some AI tech. That tech needs a lot of work because the sound of it was just "off" even though it supposedly mimics the original voices of the actors. This show was a few years old for what it's worth, so I'm not sure when it was actually redubbed.
Seems like people always postulate about a single movie or franchise being expounded by AI, but magine the wild crossovers that could take place too.

For example, here we have a blended, unified visual design of Stan the CIA officer from American Dad taking a lead part in the crew of Captain Hook's ship while Anne of Green Gables tends to Artax the horse from The Neverending Story in the belly of the ship because Mr. Ed is ill and needs Artax to take over his duties in the farm which is owned by HAL the robot from Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The permutations can and will become way more fascinating and attractive and addictive beyond what our societies are used to, much like previous media advances, that some folks will just disappear into their wildest dreams all day every day.

I think sometimes barriers to entry are a good thing to filter out the garbage, but sometimes garbage is presented by Disney+ that should never have been moved forward.

Back