How would a prime Frank Murr fare in todays HW climate?

trilla

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I think he'd pose a pretty big threat, he arguably had the best BJJ of all time at HW. I think he takes Francis' arm with his patented Amurricana. Hbchyall?

Terrible

Slow
245lbs but flabby
Cant take people down
No kicking game
Gives up once he starts getting hit hard

Did he even have good cardio? He basically wins if he gets you on the ground and your TD defense sucks oe he can muscle you down from the clinch. Or if your striking is garbage K1 Mir could decision you or Tko you. But against bigger stronger guys with good takedown defense and striking he is screwed, I am not even sure he could get Derrick Lewis down let alone hold him down

Last edited:
I think he'd pose a pretty big threat, he arguably had the best BJJ of all time at HW. I think he takes Francis' arm with his patented Amurricana. Hbchyall?

He wouldnt go to the ground with murr and murr has no way of avoiding those bombs to get him down.

I think he'd add some spice

There's no real submission guy, other than Werdum, at HW

Top 10 for sure

Now you see frank mir!( One of my favorite Mir lines)

He would do great IMO..

Would still have to watch for guys like stipe or ngannou but he would be top 5 for sure

Frank kept Fedor out of the UFC, I'll never forgive or forget :(

I think he beats the Showie guy though.

He would be solid top 10, like always, HW is HW.

Stipe, Ngannou, Gane, Blyades and Volkov would likely murder him, the rest is kinda toss up.

Top 5. Loses to Frankie, Stipe, Gane for sure and maybe Lewis

todd-duffee-club.gif

now%20you%20see%20frank%20mir.gif

Ngannou - ko’s him

Gane - tko’s him

Stipe - ko’s him

Lewis - toss up for me, Mir could KO or sub him, but could also easily get ko’d

Blaydes - no idea how it goes, Blaydes
probably wont wanna go the ground and would strictly rely on his striking. Favor Blaydes here

Volkov - tko’s him.

Rozenstruik - tko’s him

He'd be familiar with the intricacies of the details of maneuvers that Francis still doesn't know the names of.

Not liking Mir's chances. He couldn't do shit to Shane (Shane Bless btw) he would do nothing to Ngannou or Stipe. I have a hard time imagining Mir tanking Volkov. He was just not that athletic. Extremely proficient on the ground, but a slow guy. I think he gets bodied often.

Pre Motorcycle injury and femur break mir had limitless opportunities for success. He had an incredible career despite having such a horrific accident. I think a healthy prime Mir gives any HW a run fir their $. Many of you likely don’t remember the accident and how that affected his career trajectory and despite the physical limitations thereafter he still defied the odds and beat many legends of the sport. Yet Frank will be the first to say he’s never been at 100% since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back