Hypothetical fight: Junior dos Santos vs Igor Vovchanchyn

achoo42

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
JDS before he fought Cain vs. Igor Vovchanchyn circa 2000. Who wins this dream matchup?

Igor was awesome but I don't think this would be close. I favor this JDS to crumble guys like Gane, Blaydes and maybe even N'Gannou short of being caught.

Yeah, I think I have to agree. JDS is longer and much taller, with just as much power. Only thing Igor has going for him is a crazy chin and great leg kicks.

Igor is my favorite fighter of all time but he lost a boxing match to Tre Telligman of all people. JDS would've hammered him

Igor is the man but 5'7 230-240lb guys don't exist in HW MMA anymore. You also have JDS who is one of the bigger HWs from an era when it was easier to get extra help from supplements. JDS is also highly skilled.

Last edited:
JDS before he fought Cain vs. Igor Vovchanchyn circa 2000. Who wins this dream matchup?
JDS did just fine and was at his peak the first time he fought Cain. After the second time, however . . .

Igor is my favorite fighter of all time but he lost a boxing match to Tre Telligman of all people. JDS would've hammered him

To be fair though Tre had more of a technical boxing game than JDS even if he lacked his power/chin and really thats what foxed Igor.

Generally I think Igor was always a bit hot and cold when it came to how aggressive he was, sometimes he could look like a beats, other times he could go into a shell and not throw much.

If he did manage to push forward against JDS and get him against the cage I do think he could potentially threaten him although I'd certainly favour Jnr in this fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back