Economy I <3 how (R)s just awkwardly ignore conversations about economics and their track record on it

He's not wrong about technology being a gamechanger. I grew up when you had to talk on phones attached to a wall in your kitchen, and before video games were an industry where a kid sitting on his ass all day could become a millionaire. There was a VICE special about how the children of coal miners are actively transforming dead coal towns by making money with their phones, kids in their late teens and early 20's floating entire households with their incomes. That's the part I liked, technology has been transformative.

However, I did mention that the corporations have almost immediately swooped in to pilfer these profits, to gatekeep this economic access behind paywalls. Thankfully the FTC is actually fighting them over it.
Gotcha. Yeah I mean there's no denying that technology has transformed the world dramatically. Not only in the last 20 years but also in the last 200. With just having access to a phone and/or computer + the internet, if someone is motivated enough, they can transform their lives for the better no matter what position they were born into. No matter where they might be located. They can either teach themselves to code, they can create content, or a myriad of other things. That's something that never existed before in human history. It's great. Historically you were relegated to the opportunities you were born into/around and the area you found yourself in.

I just find it hilariously ironic to be like "You're a Bill O'Reilly revisionist, as if 1955 was the peak of civilization" then turning around and being like "everything is better now despite decades of declining economic indicators, because iPhones exist". Something Bill O'Reilly would say.

Last edited:
I can say, I made more money during the Trump years and paid less taxes[...] and seemingly paying way more taxes... And you TS, might identify me as a "rightie" or whatever pejorative you'd like to use...
Are you not aware that your taxes went up because of Trump? The tiny tax cuts he passed for middle income people were created with an expiration date, that would turn into a tax increase once the cut expired. That was written into the Trump tax cuts that he signed and passed into law. Are you not aware of this despite how much attention has been drawn to that? You're literally blaming Biden for Trump increasing your taxes. I mentioned this in the OP of this thread.

It's a term lefties use for righties, righties got tired of being called it so they started doing "nuh uh you are!" And using it back. As an acronym it means cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers. But no one really knows that. It's just a funny word to call righties.
OT I disagree with your assertion that no one really knows that. Just sayin'.

--Captain Pedantic​

OT I disagree with your assertion that no one really knows that. Just sayin'.
--Captain Pedantic​
Haha maybe a faulty deduction on my side. By no one I don't mean literally no one, just that most of the people that use it don't really know what it means. It's just a fun sounding word. But maybe I'm totally wrong on that.

Haha maybe a faulty deduction on my side. By no one I don't mean literally no one, just that most of the people that use it don't really know what it means. It's just a fun sounding word. But maybe I'm totally wrong on that.
Well, if the WR is anything to go by, and not saying it is by any stretch, there's a thread here about what it means every year or so lol

People who use it should have a pretty good handle on it by now :p

I just find it hilariously ironic to be like "You're a Bill O'Reilly revisionist, as if 1955 was the peak of civilization" then turning around and being like "everything is better now despite decades of declining economic indicators, because iPhones exist". Something Bill O'Reilly would say.
I don't think anyone is saying that, least of all O'Reilly. Hard to think he would even have an opinion on iPhones. More importantly, people who think things are better today than before also don't agree that there have been decades of declining economic indicators.

Ahahahahaha. Ok now I now you're literally ancient. Yeah man - the iPhone unlocks the secrets to the universe. You're probably 105 years old and you still think you can buy a home if you just get a job.

Idk man - try reading the thread and the multitude of charts I've posted within it. You're too insignificant and stupid to get me riled up enough to post the exact same charts twice in the same thread.

Yeah… this is why your broke. While your farting about on sherdog all day. Some dude from India is learning how to program on YouTube and coming to America to make 200 k a year as a software developer.

Youre broke because you’re lazy. Youre broke because you’re dumb and don’t see what’s available to you. You ancestors were peasants and you’re continuing the tradition

Just FYI, economic indicators have mostly been getting better nonstop since 1955.

He's not wrong about technology being a gamechanger. I grew up when you had to talk on phones attached to a wall in your kitchen, and before video games were an industry where a kid sitting on his ass all day could become a millionaire. There was a VICE special about how the children of coal miners are actively transforming dead coal towns by making money with their phones, kids in their late teens and early 20's floating entire households with their incomes. That's the part I liked, technology has been transformative.

However, I did mention that the corporations have almost immediately swooped in to pilfer these profits, to gatekeep this economic access behind paywalls. Thankfully the FTC is actually fighting them over it.

How can someone argue that the internet has not provided access to information that was not available before?

People have learned skills with that access to information that provide them jobs where they make 6 figures. I know this for a fact because I work in industries where people have come to the us learning what they knew from the internet.

Entitled idiots fuck around on Twitter and sherdog and Instagram all day and think that’s what the internet is…

Gotcha. Yeah I mean there's no denying that technology has transformed the world dramatically. Not only in the last 20 years but also in the last 200. With just having access to a phone and/or computer + the internet, if someone is motivated enough, they can transform their lives for the better no matter what position they were born into. No matter where they might be located. They can either teach themselves to code, they can create content, or a myriad of other things. That's something that never existed before in human history. It's great. Historically you were relegated to the opportunities you were born into/around and the area you found yourself in.

Bill oreilly thinks the world peak was 1955 and that we’ve been in a steep decline so I don’t get what you’re saying? You agree with bill oreilly that we peaked in 1955

Yeah… this is why your broke. While your farting about on sherdog all day. Some dude from India is learning how to program on YouTube and coming to America to make 200 k a year as a software developer.
"everyone should do one job and one job only. You should only be afforded a decent life if you're a software engineer" I'm sure you think you sounded smart. 100% you don't take your own advice and you're not a programmer or a software engineer. Guarantee it.
Youre broke because you’re lazy. Youre broke because you’re dumb and don’t see what’s available to you. You ancestors were peasants and you’re continuing the tradition
I work 40+ hours a week from home as I'm a salaried operations manager. In two years I doubled my income from where I was at the first year following my university graduation. Kick rocks loser <lol>

My salary could comfortably afford a middle class home 20 years ago. The explosion in rents and housing has made it so that the average 1 bedroom apartment is now 50% of my take home pay. That's why I'm broke you absolute moron. It's economics. I cannot possibly outearn the explosively rising costs of housing. And you shouldn't need to have to exponentially increase your income year over year to be able to live with dignity.

OC-U.S.-Income-Housing-Gap_Feb14.jpg
"you're broke because you're lazy"

Nah dog I'm broke because of this fucking graph. Stop lying to the American people. Stop lying to the posters in this thread. Stop being a head-in-the-sand dunce and look at the economic reality.

Bill oreilly thinks the world peak was 1955 and that we’ve been in a steep decline so I don’t get what you’re saying? You agree with bill oreilly that we peaked in 1955
It's weird that @blackheart calls people who disagree with him "reactionaries." Pining for an imaginary past glory is the essence of reactionary politics.

It's weird that @blackheart calls people who disagree with him "reactionaries." Pining for an imaginary past glory is the essence of reactionary politics.

It's both things at once. The 1950's had good things like a much higher corporate tax rate, and robust social services for citizens. Then some weirdness happened in the 1960's about who suddenly became eligible for those things and suddenly they became demonized over the next 20 years.

It's both things at once. The 1950's had good things like a much higher corporate tax rate, and robust social services for citizens. Then some weirdness happened in the 1960's about who suddenly became eligible for those things and suddenly they became demonized over the next 20 years.
Social services are way, way better now than they were in the '50s.

A higher corporate tax rate isn't necessarily better, either. Remember that the cost of taxation isn't the dollar value being taxed (which generally just gets spent back in the private sector). It's deadweight loss; crowding out of other, more economically efficient spending; and potentially distributional effects (often but not always good).

Last edited:
"everyone should do one job and one job only. You should only be afforded a decent life if you're a software engineer" I'm sure you think you sounded smart. 100% you don't take your own advice and you're not a programmer or a software engineer. Guarantee it.

I am not a software engineer. I do pretty decent lol.

I’m just giving you examples of people who changed their lives through the internet which wasn’t possible in the 50s.

2 generations ago if you were poor you stayed poor.

I work 40+ hours a week from home as I'm a salaried operations manager. In two years I doubled my income from where I was at the first year following my university graduation. Kick rocks loser <lol>

My salary could comfortably afford a middle class home 20 years ago. The explosion in rents and housing has made it so that the average 1 bedroom apartment is now 50% of my take home pay. That's why I'm broke you absolute moron. It's economics. I cannot possibly outearn the explosively rising costs of housing. And you shouldn't need to have to exponentially increase your income year over year to be able to live with dignity.

View attachment 1040156

Nah dog I'm broke because of this fucking graph. Stop lying to the American people. Stop lying to the posters in this thread. Stop being a head-in-the-sand dunce and look at the economic reality.

Realistically, you're probably broke because you're early in your career, and you'll be fine if and when you follow a normal growth trajectory. But I think you routinely underestimate how hard other generations have had it.

Realistically, you're probably broke because you're early in your career, and you'll be fine if and when you follow a normal growth trajectory. But I think you routinely underestimate how hard other generations have had it.

Obviously I’m saying in jest he’s broke because he’s lazy; it’s just his world view on the internet is so dismissive he undermines the impact it’s had on the ability to learn for the average person.

Before there was no way to access information like what we have today. Past generations had it extremely tough

the acronym is from a 1984 Sci fi horror of the same name.

It's a pretty funny co opting of a term. You're probably too close to it to see the humor. But conservatives are essentially cannibalistic toward their fellow man. They don't care for striving toward a better world. They have a psychological drive toward cannibalizing society and making everything worse. Humanoid = not human but human like. Underground dwellers = invokes imagery of psychotic 45 year old neo nazis living in moms basement, furiously posting on 4chan.
I actually saw the movie and liked it. I doubt anything Libs use as derogatory hurts righties feelings because lefties are seen as the blue haired triggered group. You let people like AOC, Tlaib, Omar, Newsome become the face. The ones that support things like no bail, legalized shoplifting, men in women's sports etc. Even if you make a few points, you are so angry and upset that you lose any credibility. I could give a shit about the Trump cult. But to sit here and say Biden is better for the economy, when WE ALL feel that it is not.... literally feel it....high interest rates, insane inflation on food etc. And quietly the banks are doing the same shit they did in 08-09....handing out loans on houses at HIGHER interest rates at HIGHER inflated home prices. It is truly unbelievable. I feel like we have all been tricked into taking extreme sides instead of working together to compromise and make things better.

I actually saw the movie and liked it. I doubt anything Libs use as derogatory hurts righties feelings because lefties are seen as the blue haired triggered group. You let people like AOC, Tlaib, Omar, Newsome become the face. The ones that support things like no bail, legalized shoplifting, men in women's sports etc. Even if you make a few points, you are so angry and upset that you lose any credibility. I could give a shit about the Trump cult. But to sit here and say Biden is better for the economy, when WE ALL feel that it is not.... literally feel it....high interest rates, insane inflation on food etc. And quietly the banks are doing the same shit they did in 08-09....handing out loans on houses at HIGHER interest rates at HIGHER inflated home prices. It is truly unbelievable. I feel like we have all been tricked into taking extreme sides instead of working together to compromise and make things better.
I think there's pretty much no way to deny that Biden is way, way better for the economy than Trump. Look at what Trump's plans are. It's really crazy. How is that he has no economists on his team to explain that? While he was in office last time, the only significant piece of legislation he got passed was another big tax cut for rich people. Let's hope he's similarly lazy/incompetent if he gets in again.

Wrong. Banks are not doing what they did before, they don’t have stated income loans. If anything it’s become much more difficult to qualify. The rates are high and the home prices are high because of inventory. It’s simple supply and demand.

Back