Economy I <3 how (R)s just awkwardly ignore conversations about economics and their track record on it

Without men in there sports making it unfair and dangerous for them.

Then forced to share their locker rooms with men.

Grow up your schooling failed you in biology.

Oh tranny stuff again, hard to fathom out what the culture war talking point is these days, there are so many emanating from the right.

There's just so many, it never stops.

Yeah I think most people reached a consensus on this. That's why you don't see it happening in high level pro sports.

But it will probably be another century before culture warriors get over it.

Oh tranny stuff again, hard to fathom out what the culture war talking point is these days, there are so many emanating from the right.

Yeah I think most people reached a consensus on this. That's why you don't see it happening in high level pro sports.

It's still happening but as usual you go with "there is nothing to see here, just move along " deflection.

It's still happening but as usual you go with "there is nothing to see here, just move along " deflection.

When did you last witness it on your TV?

I watch a bit of women's sport and have seen nothing. I'd have to dig pretty deep into raging right wing culture war propaganda to find something, I bet.

The culture was will never end, it's all the right has. Their policy is disasterous and unpopular. Just look at all of them running for cover due to all the anti-abortion bullshit THEY PASSED. Spent decades stuffing courts with insane, inept, and unqualified activist judges from SCOTUS to counties and then they are scrambling when these judges do exactly what they said they would do.

The only reason the GOP exists today is because a large portion of America is really fucking stupid or completely fooled to vote against their interest. I see this all the time in rural NC where people scraping by at poverty level wages vote Republican because of culture war nonsense that doesn't affect their lives in any way.

Inflation was less and prices were lower during Trump. I'm not sure how much his administration had to do with it. Most middle class don't care if the rich get richer they are more concerned with their state of living. The rich can get as rich as they want as long as the middle class which is the majority feel their life is improving or at least not getting any worse.

Social issues and the state of the country in other issues such as crime and the border are at the forefront. The lefts push on these is a driving cause.

So even though Trump is not as great as h thinks he is on these issues he is better then any democrat and their platform they push.

So basically Trump is an ass but he is better then creepy Joe and his handlers are doing.

The left is focused almost exclusively on economic issues even if we hold liberal social positions.

Social issues are a tool of neoliberals to seperate themselves from republicans. Like if you take the feminism and identity politics away from Hillary Clintons 2016 campaign its just a fascist campaign.

The rich getting rich is at the expense of everyone else. This is how profit motive works. It is not them doing better individually it is them stealing from everyone else and causing death and destruction. If the wealthy gained they took that money from someone. Opposed to govt which can just create money.

The culture was will never end, it's all the right has. Their policy is disasterous and unpopular. Just look at all of them running for cover due to all the anti-abortion bullshit THEY PASSED. Spent decades stuffing courts with insane, inept, and unqualified activist judges from SCOTUS to counties and then they are scrambling when these judges do exactly what they said they would do.

The only reason the GOP exists today is because a large portion of America is really fucking stupid or completely fooled to vote against their interest. I see this all the time in rural NC where people scraping by at poverty level wages vote Republican because of culture war nonsense that doesn't affect their lives in any way.

Yep, said the same thing bud.

The right just has nothing else. Culture war, immigration, whatever else....

Since Donald Trump's presidency it has been "mainstream" or pre-dominant in the Republican party to signal fake populist and anti-establishment rhetoric.

"Drain the swamp!"
"Down with the elites!"
"Down with the establishment!"

But am I crazy here, or have any of you other leftists or centrists (liberals) noticed that in general, righties/reactionaries/conservatives/republicans/MAGAts will shy away from conversations/discussions/debates about the Republican party and/or Trump and how their economic track record has served/continues to serve the "elite" and the "swamp"?

Like, I swear to god, 95% of the time that I see a lib or leftie remind a chud that Trump's only major legislative "accomplishment" was a massive tax cut for the elite and a tax increase on the middle class, the rightie does not reply or if they do they reply without addressing that specific point. They want to constantly virtue signal that they're against the elite, but they can't actually point to anything that Trump has done to hurt/harm/negatively affect the "elite".

The same thing applies any time you talk about the Republican track record on destroying American manufacturing and sending jobs to China by the millions. Its crickets every time, or diversion to talking about something else.

For a constructive way for righties to respond to this thread, can you elucidate me on your understanding of the following subjects and definitions?

1. What is the "elite" to you? Is this just a shadowy cabal that exists as an amalgamation of all of the groups you don't like (Jews, Muslims, Chinese, Black people, Hispanic people, atheists, LGBT people, globalists, etc.)? Is that the elite? Is it wealthy people but only the wealthy people in New York, LA and DC? Do you adhere to society's general understanding of the elite since the beginning of time, as just generally being the economically/financially wealthy upper strata of society? Please, provide a detailed lengthy explanation of who the "elite" is. The floor is yours. Let your freak flag fly and write me a novella about who the elite are. I'll read all of them. One word to one sentence responses are just concessions that you don't even have a good idea of who it is you're screeching about all the time.

2. Name me one single thing that Trump has done to substantially hurt the people you've defined as the "elite", and also explain how what he did, substantially hurt the elite. So A) I'm looking for substance. It needs to be a policy, or legislative accomplishment, or something substantial. Not "oh he said fuck Hunter Biden and that hurt the elite haha owned!". No. What did Trump do that materially, substantially, significantly, harmed your definition of the elite? And B) explain, in detail, how what he did, hurt the elite.

Lastly, look at my meme where you are the NPC soyjack and I am the actual anti-establishment chad:

7gqet1.jpg
They don't talk about economics because... Well.... Have you interacted with your average right wing sherdogger? Not the brightest or sharpest bunch.

They don't sincerley offer any of those things. Joe Biden is currently privatizing medicare. "Student loan forgiveness" was a middle finger to anyone who has serious loans.

Well, you missed half the list.

You don't have to agree with student loan forgiveness but you can't say it isn't something being offered. Personally student loan relief seems like something you could all get behind but if it's just the 'wrong' people getting help is the motivation for opposition, that's your call

That was brought to us by a Republican and they shouldn’t even be able to use the word Medicare.
What is Biden specifically doing is what I am asking.

Expanding the program.

+1 to OP for writing all that while seething with rage. hopefully this a fruitful (and funny <lmao>) thread.
Autism is a disorder in which individuals struggle to accurately read social cues.

Also - good job on proving my op correct. I accept your concession that you can't even define the elite.

While I agree that the tax cuts were skewed to the rich, everyone got tax cuts under the plan. However those tax cuts are expiring in 2025, so it'll be a moot point anyways. Beyond that, US government tax receipts have greatly increased since 2018:

Real median wages also have been higher since the tax cuts have gone in effect (although I have doubts on the official inflation numbers):
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LES1252881600Q

Perhaps the issue isn't with collecting money, but perhaps it's with the recent spending of that money:

The corporate tax cuts were the best part, making America a more desirable place to do business in a world of globalization. Perhaps that's the reason we are seeing the US outperforming most other first world countries around the world (except the ones that are even more corporate-friendly, like Ireland, Singapore, Middle Eastern countries, etc., which have had an insane growth of GDP per capita since they changed their fiscal policies and lowered their corporate tax rate to much below the US).

Let's take a look at some of the best countries by GDP per capita, and their corporate tax rates:
Luxembourg - 25%
Singapore - 17%
Ireland - 12.5%
Norway - 22%
Qatar - 10%
UAE - 9%
Switzerland - 15%
US - 21% (35% pre-Trump)

All had drastically lower tax rates than the US than before the tax cuts. If you look up GDP growth by first world countries, the ones with lower tax rates tend to be at the top, while the ones with higher tax rates tend to be at the bottom. Given that the US was so much higher than even many Nordic countries, this is a no-brainer in terms of competition in the global market.

Beyond the growth aspect and the fact that government tax revenue has gone up significantly, I wage a question to you: why are rich people keeping more of their money a bad thing? A person accumulating wealth is good for the most part, because of what they do with they've acquired it:

For every dollar a billionaire makes they are already taxed it on their income. It's also a net positive since society has said that the thing they made is somehow good enough for society to give them that dollar.
1. They can save the money in a bank - the bank then uses that money to invest in other businesses/give out loans which is a benefit to society
2. They can save it under their bed - this has a deflationary effect on the money supply, as it's essentially like destroying a dollar until they actually use that money
3. They can invest it - this is good because other businesses get that money and can spend it on more resources and employees, growing their business, the job market and the economy
4. They can spend it - this is the one legal action they can do with their money that has a bad side effect, as it removes products from the marketplace that would otherwise have been there and could increase prices as a result. However, the businesses they spend their money on will get the money and they will be able to employ more people, invest it back into their business, etc.

The only problems with billionaires is if they can pull off illegal schemes with their money, things like offshoring to avoid taxes or using it to lobby politicians to give them more power. But those are already illegal and just need more enforcement.

Also, the share of income taxes that the top 1% have paid has increased recently as well, so the whole basis of your argument has not played out in reality:
FedData_3-2048x1638.png

FedData_2-2048x1639.png

In a thread pointing out how righties ignore or divert from convos about economics, you made a post about trans people on page 1...

You really read this thread and said "haha op is right. Let me show him how it's done!"

Did you read my first post I addressed that and why.

Back