I am scheduled to perform at my grandmother's funeral tomorrow. Woke up today, voice is trashed.

Young Calf Kick

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What's up Sherbros,

As the title says I have been asked to perform at my grandmother's funeral tomorrow, who passed away peacefully in her sleep at the age of 87 last week. Me being a musician, my family has asked me to perform at her funeral and me knowing that she for sure would have loved that, said yes. The song I was planning to play was the John Legend version of Simon & Garfunkel's classic "Bridge Over Troubled Water".

Now I will be up for a bit of a challenge because I'm usually a complete wreck at funerals, never mind ones of close family members. Luckily, I am last up to speak/have a moment, so I hope the emotional impact will mainly come before I take the stage.

But today I woke up with another problem and that is that my voice all of a sudden is in bad shape and I'm a bit mucus-y. I know about the ol' tea with honey to soothe the throat and vocal cords, but perhaps some of y'all know some other hail mary methods to improve the situation?

Thanks in advance.

<mcgoat><RomeroSalute>

Really? As in nasally or just gargling the fluid?

Snort or slow squeeze up the nose and spit out the mouth. Some folks can't do it. Really clears shit out though if it's not irritated swelling. I.e. mucus, debree, etc.

I do it in the shower bout once a week or so as I suffer from post nasal drip and prolly smoke too much. Not something to do daily as it can wear at the membranes,

<RomeroSalute>

Snort or slow squeeze up the nose and spit out the mouth. Some folks can't do it. Really clears shit out though if it's not irritated swelling. I.e. mucus, debree, etc.

I do it in the shower bout once a week or so as I suffer from post nasal drip and prolly smoke too much. Not something to do daily as it can wear at the membranes,

<RomeroSalute>
big

thanks king

Play the track and lip sync. No ones gonna give a shit and anyone older than you will probably believe it's real.

Sorry for your loss btw.

What's up Sherbros,

As the title says I have been asked to perform at my grandmother's funeral tomorrow, who passed away peacefully in her sleep at the age of 87 last week. Me being a musician, my family has asked me to perform at her funeral and me knowing that she for sure would have loved that, said yes. The song I was planning to play was the John Legend version of Simon & Garfunkel's classic "Bridge Over Troubled Water".

Now I will be up for a bit of a challenge because I'm usually a complete wreck at funerals, never mind ones of close family members. Luckily, I am last up to speak/have a moment, so I hope the emotional impact will mainly come before I take the stage.

But today I woke up with another problem and that is that my voice all of a sudden is in bad shape and I'm a bit mucus-y. I know about the ol' tea with honey to soothe the throat and vocal cords, but perhaps some of y'all know some other hail mary methods to improve the situation?

Thanks in advance.

<mcgoat><RomeroSalute>

As someone with sensitive vocal cords I empathise with this. I am subject to shit voice randomly. Only thing i can advise on is try to speak as little as possible on the day of the funeral. My condoleances.

Or conversely, fake your own death, fix your voice, and then pop out of your coffin at the double funeral with a microphone and start singing, scaring everyone into their own death.
Damn you were an ass in your first post the trippled down in the second.

Play the track and lip sync. No ones gonna give a shit and anyone older than you will probably believe it's real.

Sorry for your loss btw.

Sorry to hear about grams.

Good luck my fellow Sherbro
RIP to your grandmother

I can't really help you, but maybe talk to a pharmacist? See if they have a spray or something...

My condolences about your Nan...

As someone with sensitive vocal cords I empathise with this. I am subject to shit voice randomly. Only thing i can advise on is try to speak as little as possible on the day of the funeral. My condoleances.
Thanks for the condoleances homies, appreciate it.

It's gotten a little bit better by resting it for most of today which is good. I'll try to stfu as much as possible too tomorrow lol

Back