I don't think most people understand the UFC/MMA in general.

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You know, I was just browsing the internet and going about my business. But while I was doing this I stumbled across a really peculiar thread on some random forum website, it was your typical who would win a fight thread? In this case it was a famous Boxer vs famous MMA fighter. I opened it up thinking my presumptions would be proved true, that everyone would unanimously agree that an mma fighter would crush a boxer 9/10 times with all but a fringe minority disagreeing, but when I opened it I suddenly realized that even the dumbest of sherbros have a better understanding of mma than your typical Internet denizen, and it wasn't even close. I think you can guess what happened. But that's not it, I was so confused as to why these people were so ignorant that I had to make sure this wasn't some outlier. And so I searched and clicked on, but thread after thread(as well as comments sections) from various websites led me to the conclusion that what I saw was actually the norm. Whether it was accusing mma fighters of being half rate athletes who couldn't hack it in Boxing, or things like Tyson/Bruce Lee would destroy 99% of the UFC roster, it was all so apparent these people didn't understand even the basic tenets of mma. I appreciate Sherdog so much more now.

Ok
giphy.gif

MMA is a fall back sport, not to say they wouldn't win but there are better athletes in boxing.

Most people are stupid anyway, so there you go.

Great responses so far. This one included.

Sherdog is dumb because its a forum which spends a lot of time "discussing" MMA yet don't know jack about the technical aspects of it.

Bro I train UFC and have been since UFC 1, how in the hell are you gonna tell me I don't understand?

Hypotheticals are hypothetical.

It's part of a discourse on a sport to discuss whether an athlete can cross over. It doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of understanding of the tenets of MMA. Of course there's going to be discussion like this, intelligent and non, with this relatively new sport.

So then who would win a Pride Rules Royal Rumble match; Wilt Chamberlin or Chuck Liddell on HGH with that (Bisping) look in his eyes?

Back