I feel like alot of the magic has been sucked out of the UFC

The UFC isn't changing in a vacuum. It is starting to reflect today's society. The late 90s were much different, and so was the product.

I also yearn for the nacent MMA scene. It seemed pure, people fighting for the thrill and respect- not money.

It's the millenials that are killing it

There used to be real scrappers.

Now they just have women, children and wwe stars.

Something about real dudes just wanting to scrap. Dudes with that look in their eyes like yesteryear Chuck, BJ, Lee Murray and even young GSP.

You don't see killers in there anymore. Dana wants to be the only alpha around. Clearly...
it's ridiculous to think these guys in there today aren't killers. and yeah, we need more lee murray's. bj had a look conor or ferg don't? timmay had a look stipe doesn't? plenty of bad dudes now.

like I said there's still plenty of good fights, there's just some parts I miss and didn't realise I missed them til lately. watching old fights and hearing Goldberg interacting with Rogan etc, everything is alot more formal now which is good in some ways but saps the personality out of it.

it's ridiculous to think these guys in there today aren't killers. and yeah, we need more lee murray's. bj had a look conor or ferg don't? timmay had a look stipe doesn't? plenty of bad dudes now.

Well, the talent level has surpassed the former times for sure. I can give you that. The primal filthy animal level? Not so much. Like I said, WWE.

Fix the UFC in 3 simple steps:

Step 1 - one-night tournaments
Step 2- naked WMMA fights
Steps 3 - it doesn't even matter - mission already accomplished.

You seriously can't enjoy mma as much because Goldberg is gone?!? It's like being sad to be in a titty bar because they changed the dj.

So, you care more about what the fighters wear, who commentates the fight and how the cards are named more than the fights themselves? OK.

These are 3 of the cards we're going to get in the next 6 weeks. If these fights don't excite you, that's fine, but I'm pretty hyped and no corporate shenanigans like sponsorship deals are going to ruin these for me.

unv7fk0q6gkz.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-10-09-at-9.26.42-PM-e1507609687329.png

DMm7SyPUQAAZ79Q.jpg:large
I think we can agree on maybe a bit of both of the points ? There's definitely something to be said about shit have flair. Even something like...let's say... Cejudo's golden trunks. It was HIS thing. Now ? Reebok shit. Yeah, it does take away from the fight. If he goes in there and has an awesome scrap, who gives a shit about his trunks. But let's not pretend like flair, personality, individuality doesnt add value.

For me a died the most with the recent Bisping saga, Mousasi leaving and giving Conor whatever the fuck he wants

The cards being watered down, manlets, and wmma have all led to the steady decline of enjoyment from the ufc. It might be doing better from a business standpoint but it just doesn't get you as hyped for it as it used to.

So, you care more about what the fighters wear, who commentates the fight and how the cards are named more than the fights themselves? OK.

These are 3 of the cards we're going to get in the next 6 weeks. If these fights don't excite you, that's fine, but I'm pretty hyped and no corporate shenanigans like sponsorship deals are going to ruin these for me.

unv7fk0q6gkz.jpg

Yes sir! Exactly so.

I've enjoyed the UFC cards all year... Most of the Bellatore cards have been watchable too.

I give zero fucks about who won the press scrum or which PPV has the highest numbers..

Like the fights.

For me a died the most with the recent Bisping saga, Mousasi leaving and giving Conor whatever the fuck he wants
Did you see Moose in his bellator debut? He should have lost that fight. That was a good pass by the ufc.

Well, the talent level has surpassed the former times for sure. I can give you that. The primal filthy animal level? Not so much. Like I said, WWE.
cody, max, conor, bisping, dc/jbj, stipe are all bad dudes. even if bisping isn't a big puncher and isn't great he still is a tough scrapper. and that division has killers all around.

unv7fk0q6gkz.jpg

Tbf, all 3 of those factors add to the magic he’s referring to.

They invested so much into Mcgregor, making him this god-like figure in combat sports. Then he doesn't defend any of his belts, hasn't fought in MMA in a year, and just got TKO'ed by 40 year old brittle hands Mayweather. McGregor was the face of the UFC, now he's seen almost as a joke. I blame that for the UFC's downfall.

I used to never miss a card and now sometimes I'll be even a fight or two into the FS1 prelims or whatever and someone will call and be like, "You wanna hang out?"

"Yeah.. Sure, why not?"

Back