• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I got picked for C.L.E.E.T. I need a handgun and 12 gauge pump

Glocks are over priced. The cost 500 dollars what should they priced at. The 500 590 maybe but isn't the 590 a steel receiver.

The problem here is Glocks are overpriced and the Mossberg 500 is just as reliable as the 590 and are slightly cheaper.

Out of curiosity, how much does a Glock cost in Richmond? In Norfolk I paid a little over 5 bills for my Gen 4 G19, but my M&P 9c was around the same price when I got it new a few years back. Glocks seem to be one of the best values for the features and reliablity you get...

Out of curiosity, how much does a Glock cost in Richmond? In Norfolk I paid a little over 5 bills for my Gen 4 G19, but my M&P 9c was around the same price when I got it new a few years back. Glocks seem to be one of the best values for the features and reliablity you get...

I paid 460 for my M&P. They were selling a used glock 17 for 450. The only Glock dealer in Richmond is Chesterfield town police supply. They run specials for $550 for the bottom of the barrel (not night sights), unless you have the magic card (police, fire, ems, security) you can get one for 400, no tax.
For those that don't know, they are not ripping people off for that extra 150 bucks. It is a tax that the government waves.
Authorized Glock dealers are like Harley Davidson dealerships. You can only have one per so many miles (or population count).

Bob's Gun Shop in Norfolk is normally where I shop. They are an authorized Glock dealer. I paid $499 for mine and it came with night sights and three mags. My M&P 9c was almost the exact same price but without night sights. I did get 2 extra mags though (through a S&W rebate) and then got a free range bag too. S&W has EXCELLANT customer service if you ever have to call them...

BTW I am not LEO...

$500 with night sights is a LEO price, I am sure of that. Congrats on the OUTSTANDING buy.
BTW, did S&W send you the magazine extenders for your other two mags? I think the wife's either got lost in the mail, or got grabbed by our mailman.

No trade. I will find the receipt when I get off work to verify this. You have me wondering if I am not remembering the price correctly. I cannot remember paying what you have seen them go for though...

I don't think he will know where to find it. He started it in some other sub-forum and it was moved here.

Following this thread very closely. I asked for it to be moved.

Both the 500 and 590 have aluminum receivers. The magazine tube is different between the two. The 590A1 has the heavier barrel (I think that was a Navy requirement), metal safety, metal trigger guard, etc.

Glocks are over priced. The cost 500 dollars what should they priced at. The 500 590 maybe but isn't the 590 a steel receiver.

Leaning toward a springfield xd 9mm. Thoughts?

What do you guys think of a taurus 24 7 9mm?

Well I got picked for Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training.(aka CLEET). I have a great back ground with military weapons. Everything from the M-16, M-4, M-249 SAW, M203 grenade launcher to the .50 CAL.

But the sad truth is my cillvan weapons experience outside of my 9mm kel-tech and my AR-15 is little to none. Even worse my experience with handguns and shotguns is very limited.

Anyways class starts in 2 weeks and I want to get caught up with all the other hillbilly gun toting crazys in my class so I dont look like a girl. I have to buy a hand gun and 12 gauge pump action. Im balling on a budget so try and take that in to consideration. For the hand gun, I want somthing that dead accurate and reliable . Thats my main thing. It has to be a 9mm, 40 cal, .45, or 357. Preferable models are S&W, COLT, RUGER, GLOCK, SIG, H&K(MODEL USP ONLY) KIMBER, or SPRINGFIELD.

As for the 12 gauge....Well Im at a loss here. I have nearly no exp with them. I think he said it had to be a 18 or 20 inch barrel. I know it has to be a pump action 12 gauge tho.

So if you could reply with your anwser like this.

Hand gun
Cheap good buy:
Most bang for buck:

12G pump
Cheap good buy:
Most bang for buck:

Also any addtional info on hand guns and shot guns would be great. Everything from shooting techniques to what ever may be helpful. Thanks.

For CLEET, get what you're duty weapon will be. Probably a Glock 22. That's what 80% of or deputies carry. You can get the Gen 4 for under $500 at H&H, since mentioning CLEET, you're more than likely a fellow Okie, and work for a Sheriff's department.

Shotgun: most of them carry the tried and true Remington 870, which you can get in a tactical configuration for around $400.

And for a duty pistol absolutely do not buy a 9mm!!

What department are you working for out of curiosity?

For CLEET, get what you're duty weapon will be. Probably a Glock 22. That's what 80% of or deputies carry. You can get the Gen 4 for under $500 at H&H, since mentioning CLEET, you're more than likely a fellow Okie, and work for a Sheriff's department.

Shotgun: most of them carry the tried and true Remington 870, which you can get in a tactical configuration for around $400.

Yup! Im from oklahoma! : )Where you at buddy?....Also is this what your talking about?

http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...;str=remmington+870+tactical&merchID=4005

I was thinking of going with the Springfield Armory

Back