I had no idea Travis Scott was that famous...

Once I hit 30-35 my desire to be around crowds for any reason went to zero. Live sports.....Vegas strip....concerts and festivals....none of them are worth having to be shoulder to shoulder with a sea of mongrels running their fkn yaps.

This needle thing sounds like one of those stories that get created from a mass hysteria event and later turn out to not be true

That poor 10 year old child, that is horrible
I’m waiting to see if the story about the security guard getting injected was true.

It takes less than a minute to security and organizers to radio the crew on stage and tell what's happening in the crowd.

I've seen people seriously injured in mosh pits, or fights breaking in the crowd and the bands stopped playing almost immediately.

Not getting on a high horse, but for the most part, Metal and Hard Core shows have a greater sense of community. Pick up those that fall. Regulate the assholes trying to hurt folks in the pit. Just went to a Halloween show for a local cover band and some guy got super rowdy in the crowd. He was quickly dealt with since this was a friends and family event. I spent most of the show protecting the guitar players wife and kid from the crowd so they could enjoy the show up close.

Walls of death are insane. I've done tons of moshing but never participated in Braveheart re-enactments. In my younger days, I would get in the pits and slam against everyone else. In my later years, I reduced myself to perimeter work: keep the shape of the pit, help those up that have fallen, keep those out that don't want in, and scoop up and return lost items (mostly sunglasses, shoes and wallets). The only times I saw pits become violent were when those unfamiliar with pit etiquette would either attempt to injure others or would "hardcore dance" which involves swinging your arms around wildly while also kicking. These people would have justice doled out to them quickly because ain't nobody got time for that nonsense. Metal shows appear chaotic, but in my experiences, pits are actually pretty safe and organized.

I've seen Slayer, Slipknot, Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Lamb of God, Megadeth and dozens of other metal bands and have never witnessed the kind of things I've seen at rap concerts and, surprisingly, a Dave Matthews Band concert. DMB consisted of drunk frat boys who got way too liquored up and started fights while the rap shows were full of insecure tryhards who perceived every bump or nudge as an attack. It didn't matter if it was Outkast or Three 6 Mafia performing. People in the crowd were just itching for a confrontation.

The craziest were the small indoor venues where you would get stuck in the pit and couldnt' get out lol....In NYC we would get lots of Swedish tourists to the shows and they LOVED moshing. But always followed ettiquette. When you add a rap act to a festival, the vibe changes. I was at a Wu Tang show and watched a guy get stabbed for stepping on someone's shoes....in a crowded venue...Today its not as bad because these rap acts are really not rappers, they are more pop stars with mostly white people going to the shows. But in my day, if I owned a venue, I would have never let rappers perform. There was always incidents back then.

Didn't know of him til the McDonald's thing and thought he was BMXer or something. Now it doesn't matter because he's going away.

...to have his own music festival. I thought he was just the guy who knocked up a Kardashian and did a bit of rapping in his spare time.

8 people are dead, another dozen in hospital and hundreds of injuries with people rushing the stage. I've been in what ended up a tent wide mosh pit and had to be picked up off the floor and it isn't pretty, this must have been really scary.
At least he was calling for security to try and sort it out.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16652755/astroworld-festival-travis-scott-show/

You’ve been high, and getting slapped up side the head the whole time he’s been a famous rapper we understand how that could affect your memory cuffs

The craziest were the small indoor venues where you would get stuck in the pit and couldnt' get out lol....In NYC we would get lots of Swedish tourists to the shows and they LOVED moshing. But always followed ettiquette. When you add a rap act to a festival, the vibe changes. I was at a Wu Tang show and watched a guy get stabbed for stepping on someone's shoes....in a crowded venue...Today its not as bad because these rap acts are really not rappers, they are more pop stars with mostly white people going to the shows. But in my day, if I owned a venue, I would have never let rappers perform. There was always incidents back then.
It was more rave than rap but went to a few Spiral Tribe events back in the 90s, it was definitely sketch. One guy got stabbed when I was there, all hell broke loose.

Didn't know of him til the McDonald's thing and thought he was BMXer or something. Now it doesn't matter because he's going away.
If he's been done for it twice before I think he might. Guy at work told me he tried to stop it 3 times but continued to perform for 40 minutes. If people are getting really hurt, just drop the mic and stop your set.

Roflmao @ all the Americans in this thread saying they don't know who he is.

I'm in eastern Europe and I've heard of him thousands of times.

He is a fucking world famous rapper. He could literally throw a concert at some remote north pole iceberg and thousands of Eskimos would come

And no, he is not famous because of no fucking Kardashians LOL

Never heard of the guy till this event and still have not listened to his music because I am sure I will hate it.

He is a fucking world famous rapper. He could literally throw a concert at some remote north pole iceberg and thousands of Eskimos would come

I legit only know about him because of Kardashian being rammed down our throats in the media. I don't like his sort of music so I've never bothered to listen to it.

I legit only know about him because of Kardashian being rammed down our throats in the media. I don't like his sort of music so I've never bothered to listen to it.
Yep, his music sucks, but that's just the way it is these days

Not getting on a high horse, but for the most part, Metal and Hard Core shows have a greater sense of community. Pick up those that fall. Regulate the assholes trying to hurt folks in the pit. Just went to a Halloween show for a local cover band and some guy got super rowdy in the crowd. He was quickly dealt with since this was a friends and family event. I spent most of the show protecting the guitar players wife and kid from the crowd so they could enjoy the show up close.

Much more Pit Etiquette at metal shows. I broke my arm in one and I got picked up and immediately helped out....needless to say I stay out of them now.

It was more rave than rap but went to a few Spiral Tribe events back in the 90s, it was definitely sketch. One guy got stabbed when I was there, all hell broke loose.

In mid 90s we went to some sick underground raves and THAT vibe was even crazier due to the party drugs and weirdos. Total creepo rapists would try and molest high women. The funny thing is, metal shows, the people look the scariest and are actually the nicest.

If you don't listen to that kind of music there's no reason you'd know who he is. I also wouldn't know 99% of country singers.

Never heard of him until the McDonald's promotion. I remember someone made a thread and all us boomers were like whats a Travis Scott? He seems like a greasy douchebag from the video I linked and what I've heard happened at his other shows.
i think most ppl know him from mcdonalds

i think most ppl know him from mcdonalds
That's the first time I ever heard of him. Was sat in the drive thru thinking who the fuck is Travis Scott. Then I got home and checked the berry, and there was a thread from someone else that just got home from McDonald's asking who Travis Scott was.

<36>

If you don't listen to that kind of music there's no reason you'd know who he is. I also wouldn't know 99% of country singers.
i listen to rap but barely know any rappers since like 2010

Back