I Hate Ironing!!

I used to iron everything back in the day & I was quite good at it. I was a fastidious bastard. I ironed all my clothes before hanging them up & ironed my trunks & robe before fights. You name it & I ironed it. I was OCD about it until I hit about thirty & I just stopped. I don't think I've touched an iron in a decade or more. Now, I just make sure that I fold & hang my shit up as soon as it comes out of the drier.

Don't own an iron.
I hate seeing those guys who iron a crease down the legs of their denim jeans, how wanky!

I suggest you switch to an ironing-free wardrobe.

This was a challenge for 5 guys in an apartment a long time ago, so we bought a vertical steam iron.

All my shirts with buttons go to the dry clearners. Fuck ironing, the amount of time i save not having to iron is worth the price (its not much)

Just spot iron the shirt while you're wearing it; it's a fast, easy, convenient solution. Works like a charm, see this reference to get the idea:
iu

As a bachelor, I actually enjoy ironing.

Some shirts are just cunts.

I iron 5 business shirts a week 90% of shirts are fine but occasionally you get shirts that will just not iron. Even professionally they come out crappy.

LOL @ ironing. You need a woman for that shit.

<seedat>

I rarely iron anything. Straight out of the dryer on the iron mode and onto a hanger.

Yup I hate ironing too. The good news is that when you get a job where you need to look nice, you can afford to just have the dry cleaners do it. Although that's a pain too, always having to drop them off and pick them up. Can't wait till I have enough money to have a personal assistant that can do it.

However, now I have to travel a lot for work so I needed to step up my ironing game. I know the hotels usually will take your shirts to the cleaners for you but I usually don't have that much time. I get to my hotel at 8pm and need to wear the shirt in the morning so I have to do it myself.

Plus I don't really trust the hotel staff to take my shirts and return them without fucking up. I'd probably end up with some other guy's shirt.

Yup I hate ironing too. The good news is that when you get a job where you need to look nice, you can afford to just have the dry cleaners do it. Although that's a pain too, always having to drop them off and pick them up. Can't wait till I have enough money to have a personal assistant that can do it.

However, now I have to travel a lot for work so I needed to step up my ironing game. I know the hotels usually will take your shirts to the cleaners for you but I usually don't have that much time. I get to my hotel at 8pm and need to wear the shirt in the morning so I have to do it myself.

Plus I don't really trust the hotel staff to take my shirts and return them without fucking up. I'd probably end up with some other guy's shirt.

My work shirts are non-iron and they are fine.

This was more of a summer, casual shirt that I bought. When I tried it on in the department store, it fit like a glove, was crisp and fresh. As soon as I washed it, it became wrinkled like a MFer ... and then ensued the buying of two irons and pissing money/time/energy away trying to get this shirt looking fresh again ...lol

Just going to take it to the damn cleaners!

My work shirts are non-iron and they are fine.

This was more of a summer, casual shirt that I bought. When I tried it on in the department store, it fit like a glove, was crisp and fresh. As soon as I washed it, it became wrinkled like a MFer ... and then ensued the buying of two irons and pissing money/time/energy away trying to get this shirt looking fresh again ...lol

Just going to take it to the damn cleaners!
How the hell did you find non-iron work shirts that you actually don't have to iron? I've bought every wrinkle-resistant shirt I've found, and none of them can be worn straight out of the dryer. They all require at least a little bit of ironing. The worst ones just wrinkle like a normal shirt does. It's complete false advertising

I dream of the day someone invents a truly wrinkle-free shirt.

Mind sharing the brand and type with me? I'd like to give it a shot.

How the hell did you find non-iron work shirts that you actually don't have to iron? I've bought every wrinkle-resistant shirt I've found, and none of them can be worn straight out of the dryer. They all require at least a little bit of ironing. The worst ones just wrinkle like a normal shirt does. It's complete false advertising

I dream of the day someone invents a truly wrinkle-free shirt.

Mind sharing the brand and type with me? I'd like to give it a shot.

Bought it in Japan, at a store called Aoyama. The brand is "persons for men - non-iron max stylish fit".

It's not perfectly pressed, but I've never had a problem with them. When I wear a necktie and a suit jacket/cardigan. It looks and feels fine.

Bought it in Japan, at a store called Aoyama. The brand is "persons for men - non-iron max stylish fit".

It's not perfectly pressed, but I've never had a problem with them. When I wear a necktie and a suit jacket/cardigan. It looks and feels fine.
LOL figures the Japanese would solve this problem. Guess I'll have to fly there if I can't find them online!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back