Rewatch I just rewatched Poatan vs Jiri

I'm sorry i know it's trully annoying to hear that but Jiri was clearly winning the fight before he got caught, he overweilmed Poatan with shots

Jiri is clearly a better striker overall, he just don't know how to defend himself, Poatan have also a sus defense of punches btw

Discuss

How is he a better striker overall if he "just don't know how to defend himself"?

Clearly the better overall striker but doesn’t know how to defend himself?

3/5 on your troll attempt, TS. Pretty good. but not good enough.

I'm sorry i know it's trully annoying to hear that but Jiri was clearly winning the fight before he got caught, he overweilmed Poatan with shots

Jiri is clearly a better striker overall, he just don't know how to defend himself, Poatan have also a sus defense of punches btw

Discuss

That's why I keep saying that Hill might KO Alex early. His defense is too suspect. Hill is long and hits hard AF.

Tbh Poatan pretty much dominated him. Low kicks picked him apart, he avoided Jiri's speed and mix ups, and defended almost perfectly after being taken down.

The annoying part is that it was essentially an early stoppage, instead of us getting to witness Alex break him down and finish him more proper.

Jiri was getting to him
it was pereira getting to jiri
his leg pain caused him to bum rush and get KO'ed
jiri best shot was submitting alex and he didn't do that, he would never out match pereira standing
alex haters argument is that well jiri rushed him back to the cage and hit him a couple of times and then what happened ? he got KTFO by getting timed for doing the same thing yall praise for jiri outstanding striking

Yeah, he got careless and got caught. He'd win the hematch imo.

it was pereira getting to jiri
his leg pain caused him to bum rush and get KO'ed
jiri best shot was submitting alex and he didn't do that, he would never out match pereira standing
He was doing pretty good against him standing. Landed a bunch of shots on him. Poatan defended well on the ground but standing up it was pretty competitive and def was dangerous for Alex.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. It was pretty even, with each fighter finding success in different ways.

Jiri had better pressure and fisticuff activity (also the first rnd TD).
Alex was creating problems with the low kicks.

No fighter was clearly winning, it was essentially a toss up right up until the exchange that ended it. Best you could say, in favor of Jiri, was that it seemed like the momentum was slowly tipping to his advantage (with regards to cardio), but that's it.

Alex is a bit lucky to be fighting 2 guys back to back coming off serious injuries. That's the only thing that somewhat spoiled the fight for me. And it looks like Hill is coming back quite early too.

Reactions: HHJ

Discuss

"Jiri is clearly a better striker overall."
There is some other stuff in this post that is questionable but this alone should be reported to the mods for possible belt demotion.

Poatan has such amazing power and accuracy that people forget how sus his defense is.
His aggression is his best defense. Most strikers in MMA have never had to defend against such aggressive technical violence. Jiri also has this but he is less technical and more homicidal/unpredictable.

But that style is def going to leave you open...and we saw Poatan's mindset is to keep going when getting hurt instead of covering up, which makes him more open.

TS:
Better striker = can’t defend leg kicks, runs face first into punches, got slept while panic wrestling

Ok lol

Fixed.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. It was pretty even, with each fighter finding success in different ways.

Jiri had better pressure and fisticuff activity (also the first rnd TD).
Alex was creating problems with the low kicks.

No fighter was clearly winning, it was essentially a toss up right up until the exchange that ended it. Best you could say, in favor of Jiri, was that it seemed like the momentum was slowly tipping to his advantage (with regards to cardio), but that's it.

It was close, but I gave rd 1 to Alex just based on damage done for the round.

With current scoring damage is supposed to matter more than control without dealing damage. Jiri didn't do much with the td and Alex was back up by the end of the round.

Jiris best defense is his best offense

He will never go out there and measure someone out, pick them off from afar. He's there to force his will nearly all the time. That's what made this fight so fun

Jiri's legs were badly beaten up from the opening 2-3 minutes of the fight, he lost that round.

He was having more success in round 2, but he was clearly desperate knowing his legs had already taken such a beating, he was caught being wreckless.

Textbook bullshit early stoppage.

But I understand. If I had low T and didn't mind altering the careers of pros irrevocably I would also virtue signal online that any time a fighter is dropped they should stop the fight instantly regardless of if they are defending themselves or not. Then I'd attach myself to whichever fighter won the fight in true beta fashion.

After all, makes me look good morally. You cavemen and your desire for fighter's to be allowed to defend themselves... shudder. The fact that the early stoppage directly benefits the fighter the org wanted to win... well nevermind that. Ignore that please. Me looking morally superior is what matters so just focus on that.
No worries bro, now that his chin is officially cracked you're going to see him get sparked several more times before PFL comes calling. Just be patient

Back