I kinda feel bad for Jones

I know, and it's hard for me not to feel sympathetic toward him though it's like he had a monkeys paw wish to be the strongest fighter, but in exchange he'd be the weakest man
I feel sorry for all addicts.

But those closest to him need to stop just feeling sorry for him and step up and do the hard thing.

When I was younger and more immature I wouldn't have bothered to feel sorry for him. I would have been more like "fuck him, he has every opportunity in the world". That's how I felt about Kurt Cobain (spelling?). I've learned some empathy since the 90's, heh.

I've also learned he was born with this thing and it's hard to kick. Most people don't kick it easily.

"Everyone has arguments with their spouses".

Ones which end in the agitated and terrified spouse running barefoot with her kids in hotel reception, bleeding from mouth and face, saying she cannot go back to the room, and children wanting to call police?

Damn...Didn't know all arguments were like that.

I feel terrible for Jon Jones. Poor Jon. What did he do to deserve this?
<mma1>

<JonesLaugh>

GOAT Jones will have his due process like all Americans. Just wait TS. We will get to the bottom of this together.

The American legal system is nonsensical IMO. Mainly Jury trials which I find to be absolute nonsense.
A jury is unfit to judge a potential criminal, and easily biased.

The American legal system is nonsensical IMO. Mainly Jury trials which I find to be absolute nonsense.
A jury is unfit to judge a potential criminal, and easily biased.
OTOH it's probably like democracy itself; inefficient and the worst system there is except for every other one.

Ask yourself, would you trust everything to politically appointed judges these days? Whichever side of the political spectrum you tend to find yourself on, imagine the worst example of a judge appointed by someone on the opposite end. Or if you prefer elected judges, ask yourself - in this climate is the person who can get the most money from special interests (to buy ads, get name recognition, win elections, etc) really the one who should have total control over every case in front of them?

Last edited:
I’ll stand with OP on this one. We’ve got a bunch of people out here acting like they don’t make mistakes. The internet wants everyone stoned. Who will be around to throw those stones?

Based on his history, he doesn't get the benefit of doubt.

OTOH it's probably like democracy itself; inefficient and the worst system there is except for every other one. Ask yourself, would you trust everything to politically appointed judges these days? Whichever side of the political spectrum you tend to find yourself on, imagine the worst example of a judge appointed by someone on the opposite end. Or if you prefer elected judges, ask yourself - in this climate is the person who can get the most money from special interests (to buy ads, get name recognition, win elections, etc) really the one who should have total control over every case in front of them?

1. Judges shouldnt ever be politically appointed, in democracies the separation of power (in theory) guarantees a separate judicial branch.
2. I prefer professional judges and legal teams deciding the fate of a person, than a jury. Sure, no human is perfect, but emotion is the biggest danger in a trial, and normal people are easily swayed.

I mean to tell you the truth, I'd actually prefer a jury system if every picked jury was absolutely examplary and perfect, then you'd have a balanced decision.
But in practice, is that the case? Isn't it the case that Jurors are basically picked totally randomly? You could literally have stupid or unfit people as jurors.
I find that to be unacceptable. You're basically begging to introduce bias (especially racial, gender, etc).

2. I prefer professional judges and legal teams deciding the fate of a person, than a jury. Sure, no human is perfect, but emotion is the biggest danger in a trial, and normal people are easily swayed.
Does that exist anywhere? I'm not being obtuse, I honestly want to know. Cheers.

Does that exist anywhere? I'm not being obtuse, I honestly want to know. Cheers.

Most of the world outside the Anglosphere (USA, UK, etc) rarely have jury trials, but bench trials with only a Judge deciding the fate of the accused.
Jury trials usually occur in countries where common law legal system are applied (Anglo-saxon tradition), not civil law (Roman tradition).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bench_trial
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_law_(legal_system)

Ones which end in the agitated and terrified spouse running barefoot with her kids in hotel reception, bleeding from mouth and face, saying she cannot go back to the room, and children wanting to call police?

And when they arrested him he's banging his head on the cop car.. Yeah, rational reaction to a typical and harmless lovers tiff.

Sounds like you’re a piece of shit that supports a man beating the shit out of his wife in front of their kids because he’s drunk

Nothing to feel bad about. He was a millionaire by 23 years old, had a team, organization, sponsorships and family to support him in his career. I believe Jones has mental health issues and should be followed by professionals. His behaviour is worrisome, he has all the traits of a sociopathic/narcissistic person.

No, I agree but we don’t really know for sure, sure. I guess it will all come out

Sounds like you’re a piece of shit that supports a man beating the shit out of his wife in front of their kids because he’s drunk
No, not at all. I think you know that wasn’t my point. I’m not even a fan of his, I’m putting it out there for perspective

Back