Law I know why we're helping Ukraine; But Congress should be charged with treason.

I’m in. That solves about 50%.

The other 50% would be no shelter/welfare for any man aged 16-65.

LOL at thinking illegals would come to America to live on the streets, you solve like 80% of the issue by passing E-verify and tough laws against employers of illegals.

"Asylum seekers" can be solved with more funding for processing and returning to countries of origin, or bribing up Mexico to take the load of them while awaiting applications.

You can be like Lady Bugs Lindsey and thank Trump for the bill passing.
I agreed with Trump fast tracking the vaccine and agree with Trump for passing the Ukraine bill.

LOL at thinking illegals would come to America to live on the streets, you solve like 80% of the issue by passing E-verify and tough laws against employers of illegals.

"Asylum seekers" can be solved with more funding for processing and returning to countries of origin, or bribing up Mexico to take the load of them while awaiting applications.
Agreed

You're making a huge assumption.

You're also willing to pay a long-term societal cost without really calculating the weight of the benefit, which makes it an unwise decision.
I’m assuming that a less desirable situation is less desirable? Yes. I suppose that would be a fairly confident assumption.

Also, which societal cost? To that of the illegal migrant? The goal for OUR society should be less illegal migration.

Somehow the trillions dollars defense budget was never an issue for the MAGA crowd, it suddenly became an issue only when its used to fight Russia.
You're full of shit, and even if that were true it doesn't have anything to do with me.
The fact that you got your panties full of sand the moment military spending becomes aimed at fucking up Russia in the ass.
So, just brainwashed CNN bullshit about anyone against spending on foreign wars is a russian puppet. I already knew thats where you were going to with it.

Its not as if ANY arms manufacturers are sitting on huge inventory of munitions waiting for a customer to randomly send an order, so they can do a two day delivery.

Most of the support goes to Ukraine in the form of close-to expiry-date equipment from US military long-term storage.
The actual money goes to US manufacturers to replace the equipment in the US Military inventory -which would have been done anyway once the expiry date had been reached.
In effect, it is a way to get paid to renew stored supply&equipment without having to pay the cost of destroying the aged munition etc, that they would have had to do otherwise.
The money goes to US companies in one of few sectors where the actual factories are still in the US.
But they would have received orders to replace the aging munitions soon anyway, so...

Basically the US army get a free inventory update while Ukraine gets munitions they need to use quickly or it will go past the "use before" date.
I think you are correct. On the Russian side isn’t it the same thing? They had all these munitions about to go to waste so why not use them to invade Ukraine.

On both sides human lives are more expendable than the expiring munitions.

So no illegal migrants are getting free housing right now?

I don't know - I thought those getting free housing were asylum seekers awaiting status updates to citizenship.

I could be wrong though, and on that part I do agree with you that there has to be a better solution than offering free housing and/or healthcare when plenty of citizens can't get that and need it.

I was more speaking to the point that illegals get fake SSNs and don't contribute. They do. It's what has kept social security from going bankrupt. And they do pay taxes, as someone is generally using a fake SSN so they can be put on payroll, which means payroll taxes that both the illegal and the employer are paying in to that nobody will ever collect. So they do contribute. Is it enough to cover the assistance they do receive? I don't know, but I do know that saying they are just a bunch of leeches looking for handouts is not entirely true (not necessarily you, but it's a common argument).

I don't know - I thought those getting free housing were asylum seekers awaiting status updates to citizenship.

I could be wrong though, and on that part I do agree with you that there has to be a better solution than offering free housing and/or healthcare when plenty of citizens can't get that and need it.

I was more speaking to the point that illegals get fake SSNs and don't contribute. They do. It's what has kept social security from going bankrupt. And they do pay taxes, as someone is generally using a fake SSN so they can be put on payroll, which means payroll taxes that both the illegal and the employer are paying in to that nobody will ever collect. So they do contribute. Is it enough to cover the assistance they do receive? I don't know, but I do know that saying they are just a bunch of leeches looking for handouts is not entirely true (not necessarily you, but it's a common argument).
Yeah I didn’t agree with that SSN point.

I doubt very much that a high % are getting fake SSNs right now.

Why would someone get a fake SSN? So they can work, you mean?

So if they work using that fake SSN, and Federal/State withholding are deducted from their checks, along with Social Security and Medicare, how do these people go about getting their taxes back?

It should be of no surprise that people with fake SSN's don't file tax returns or collect Social Security when they are of age. And it's because of these contributions that are never claimed as distributed benefits that has kept things like Social Security from going under. In fact, the only reason Social Security remains afloat is because of contributions by illegals who never collect.

They are paying for some of the benefits they do receive in other areas by contributing to Federal coffers using fake SSN.

And BTW, illegal immigrants don't qualify for welfare, but even if they did, why not given they are paying in to the system just like everyone else. They rent homes and indirectly pay property taxes, they pay sales taxes when they eat and purchase, they pay gas taxes when they fill up their tank, and as stated, they pay Federal and State income taxes along with Social Security/Medicare taxes that they will never collect, so in fact they are paying more taxes than you, assuming you will collect SS when you come of age and/or have ever gotten a paid tax refund.
Nope, they take out more in benefits than they pay in by 7 to 1, and that's before the over 3 year crisis under Brandon when they were completely bullshitting everyone and claiming there were a static 11 or 12 million for like 20 years.

SOME of them use fake tax IDs, a lot just get paid under the table, pay nothing in taxes, take out a lot in benefits, and don't even spend most of it in our economy, and instead send it back to their home country.

I don't get a tax refund, and social security is already on schedule to be depleted like 20 years before I'd even be eligible.

The staggering total costs of illegal immigrants and their children outweigh the taxes paid to federal and state governments by a ratio of roughly 7 to 1, with costs at nearly $135 billion compared to tax revenues at nearly $19 billion.
All told, the nearly $135 billion paid out by federal and state and local taxpayers to cover the cost of the presence of 12.5 million illegal aliens and their 4.2 million citizen children amounts to approximately $8,075 per illegal alien and citizen child prior to taxes paid, or $6,940 per person after taxes are paid.
On the federal level, medical ($17.14 billion) is by far the highest cost, with law enforcement coming second ($13.15 billion) and general government services ($8 billion) third.

At the state and local level, education ($44.4 billion) was by far the largest expense, followed by general public services ($18.5 billion) and medical ($12.1 billion).

Yeah I didn’t agree with that SSN point.

I doubt very much that a high % are getting fake SSNs right now.

If they are benefiting from free housing, I would imagine that the government isn't providing that without having these people in the system and on a path to legal citizenship, so I do agree with you.

It's just a shit situation all around - I don't like seeing poor, desperate people suffer, but on the other hand we have US citizens who served in Vietnam or the desert wars, came home with PTSD, and are living on the streets and/or having to self-medicate to drown out their nightmares. My own father was one of them - came back from Vietnam, his head wasn't right and tried to drown it all in alcohol, became abusive, combative, ended up homeless and finally took his own life. Most those guys marching off to war are just kids and having to participate in such is obviously traumatic for a lot of people. They deserve our help first and foremost, as we can't save the entire world.

No one actually cares about the "border"

Its only a concern for a small voter base that is scared of immigrants and politicians pretend its an issue even though it likely benefits the country.

Russia advancing on Europe is a real issue.

No one actually cares about the "border"

Its only a concern for a small voter base that is scared of immigrants and politicians pretend its an issue even though it likely benefits the country.

Russia advancing on Europe is a real issue.
Fuck Europe and the Border is a real, serious issue that is decaying our country year over year. I could not give a shit less about Russian expansionism.

Back