I miss Fedor Emelianenko the Eternal GOAT of combat sports.

I don't respect Fedor's competition in Pride. Of course, HW MMA has always been suspect. We judge Big Nog on his Pride accomplishments. We revere Fedor for beating Big Nog.
I don't think Pride was ever as good as UFC.
Put Prime Fedor against Prime Brock, JDS, Cain, Randy, and Stipe, and Cormier: Fedor loses.

But look at Fedors defense, GOAT material

Haha! Silva doesnt score a single hit in that position. I really do believe Fedor would have won that fight if it were going to distance. Silva were excited fighting Fedor and went wild but he were seconds away from gassing.

I don't respect Fedor's competition in Pride. Of course, HW MMA has always been suspect. We judge Big Nog on his Pride accomplishments. We revere Fedor for beating Big Nog.
Put Prime Fedor against Prime Brock, JDS, Cain, Randy, and Stipe, and Cormier: Fedor loses.

We dont revere Fedor beating Big Nog twice (which is an achievement)

We revere him for going 10 years undefeated at that weight-class. No one of the ones you list as "HW-UFC" would be able to do that.

And come on please, you got eyes to see, Prime Brock, Stipe, Randy?? Have you watched them fight and have you watched Fedor? There are miles between.

JDS and CAIN are the only dangerous HWs from that era but they had a short prime. DC is OK and got OK stand-up and good ground-game but Fedor would probably starch him on his feet before going to the ground, and if it went to the ground he would prbly submit Cormier.

No one of this group of UFC fighters would have been able to go the 10-year streak that Fedor went against those fighters tho, i really have a hard time seeing that.

You can't disrespect the GOAT in that way mate.

Bigfoot is nowhere near Fedor at HW-greatness, neither is DC. Don't care if they fought after Fedor went on his 10 year-streak, even after that they didnt come close.

Fedor fought sambo and HW in PRIDE for 10 years undefeated in both Sambo and MMA. He could have stopped after that and have a perfect record, and you try to make a point out of BigFoot having his Juice and fighting the biggest match of his career against a worned out all champ Fedor to make a point.

Fedor is my choice for GOAT for several reasons, but it's worth pointing out as a piece of trivia Fedor lost in Sambo to current UFC HW Blagoi Ivanov in 2008..his only prime combat Sambo loss?

Fedor is my choice for GOAT for several reasons, but it's worth pointing out as a piece of trivia Fedor lost in Sambo to current UFC HW Blagoi Ivanov in 2008..his only prime combat Sambo loss?
He has 3 world combat sambo championships. Same as his brother…..

When is Fedor fighting again? and who should have the honor to share a cage or ring with him?

399b142541191.560b3675eac7a.jpg

It's hard to imagine a HW GOAT when he got punched unconscious by a MW rd1 who could barely last 2 rds with Silva.

Maybe MW was a stretch, but then go and look at him next to Anderson or someone like that. LHW was definitely doable.

You are talking out of your ass when it comes to size.
Anderson is a guy who competed at WW until his 30s, never missed weight, weighted in at 197lbs for his last LHW bout vs Cormier who had around 30lbs on him in fight night.

It's like you don't understand that we live in 3 dimensions, not 1.
Fedor is a much, muuuch wider, thicker man than Anderson regardless of diet and lifting. Seriously, to say Silva is comparable to Fedor just because he might be taller/longer is a very stupid thing to say.

Fedor at LHW is doable, not sure if it would benefit his style to match faster men than at HW but yeah, I guess is doable. He would be a THICK LHW though, definitely not a MW by any strecht.

Jones got busted for PEDs 3x, with or without PEDs Fedor would haven beaten him, in my opinion

Who knows. Ring or cage is a big factor. I can see both winning.
BTW, GSP ranks Jones over Fedor. Funny that random people on the internet is more dramatic about it that a fellow competitor who never popped. I respecto your opinion

Randy? are you serious? Nogueira was better than him hahahahaha

Fedor haters are a sad bunch, are they just salty because they missed on an incredible era of the sport?

One thing Fedor did and that I don't see anyone doing again, is being the n°1 fighter on the planet for 7 years (he would have been a comfy favorite against anyone during those years) in both MMA and the combat sport that is his basis, Sambo.

He was the number 1 Samboist and MMArtist from 2003 to 2008 (the year he lost to Blagoy Ivanov in Sambo, someone he had defeated the previous year) & 2010, the year he lost to Fabricio Werdum, putting an end to a decade long undefeated run
(if we don't count the weird TK fight in which he was hit by an illegal elbow and would have been given the win had it not been a tournament)

We got some MMA fighters who were arguably at the top of their sport while competing in MMA, for instance about a decade ago, Roger Gracie, Demian Maia and Jacaré Souza were called the golden triangle of BJJ.
But they couldn't become dominant MMA champion while also competing in BJJ at the highest level...

I guess Semmy Schilt could have been what I'm describing, since for a short period of time he was untouchable in kickboxing, but sadly his first love, MMA, had been a fickle mistress.

Semmy had been King of Pancrase when he could reach for the rope from basically anywhere in the ring and break a submission
(and losing a point in the process, a lesser evil for sure),
but if he was always a dangerous opponent to face

To go back on topic for an instant, when Fedor defeated him, Semmy Schilt was 13-1 in his last 14 fights, with his only loss being a submission at the hands of Josh Barnett at UFC 32

Sure, he wasn't quite as dangerous in MMA as he was in the K-1 ring, where he dominated the annual GP from 2005 to 2009
(with an exception for 2008&2010, which were won by Peter Aerts)
He was still the K1 HW & super HW champion most of the time he was around, beating the elite of the elite at the higher weight classes

until he moved on to GLORY to win their super prestigious 2012 HWGP

That was just a little segue to underline how difficult it is to be at the top of the food chain in 1 fighting sport, let alone 2 at the same time.
Alistair Overeem is one of those who came relatively close, and look of far away he was!

Imagine if elite judokas like Lukáš Krpálek, Teddy Riner, Aaron Wolf
(or Hifumi Abe, to list someone who isn't a giant monster; I don't know much about Judo but it was fun following Abe's run alongisde his kawaaiii ٩(^◡^)۶ UwU imouto-kun Uta Abe during the 2020 Olympics <Oku04> it was tough rooting against them against the French representatives, but what can ya do...WAR HIFUMIN, please go to RIZIN ASAP and rejuvenate the sport, your glorious country needs you!!)
not only lived their normal Judo career, but were also the best MMArtist in the world simultaneously.

Fedor had an incredibly busy schedule in his prime, having to prepare for MMA fights and Sambo competitions at the same time...
The fact that the UFC wouldn't let him compete in Sambo while in contract with them
(something that makes sense in modern MMA, but back then it was just badass that PRIDE allowed him to do it; plus, since Sambo Combat had the reputation of being harsh toward steroid users, it also served to give Fedor a natty aura)
was a big reason why he wouldn't sign with them after PRIDE folded.

Plus, Affliction paid way more, and were feeding him top 6 and top 3 opponents until Josh Barnett done fucked up when he could have been a nice top 5 to add to the list of UFC champs that Fedor finished (it's alright, afterward he still got Frank Mir, Rampage Jackson, and double-division champ Chael Sonnen)

Sooooo what were we talking about? <{1-10}>

Oh Fedor!
I miss him too, but after the Tim Johnson fight, I don't feel like tempting the devil again

If I could choose, I'd rather he had a sweet grappling bout against another washed up legend, like, fuck it, let's say give Josh Barnett a 4th chance <{1-15}>
That way no one gets hurt.
Or fuck it even more, have Fedor and Khabib grapple it out! Fedor ain't even that much bigger
Or go balls in and have Fedor/GSP try to submit each other in some big card for a charity event for Ukraine or something

Crazy how small Fedor was when he did all this... especially when you see him next to guy who compete at much lower weight classes

Today, he would be either a big MW (Jacaré fought at MW for his whole career, and he looks about the same size as Fedor) if he lost a bit of fat, or a small LHW if he kept the ol' borscht belly

No way would he be a modern HW.
bJBljiOlEoE.jpg

Bigfoot Silva.
With Bigfoot Silva recent streak of being KO'd like there's no tomorrow, MAYBE Fedor can avenge his humiliating loss.
For all those Fedor crotch sniffers, dispute these 2 facts:
1.) Bigfoot beat the crap out of Fedor
2.) A green Daniel Cormier easily whooped Bigfoot Silva.
So how again is he Goat?
Oh yea, I have no brains, am a casual, and live in the basement.
But dispute two facts above.
They can't. Just a bunch of nostalgia.

I personally would like to see a rematch with Maldonado. You're a nuthugger if you think otherwise.

Fedor haters are a sad bunch, are they just salty because they missed on an incredible era of the sport?

One thing Fedor did and that I don't see anyone doing again, is being the n°1 fighter on the planet for 7 years (he would have been a comfy favorite against anyone during those years) in both MMA and the combat sport that is his basis, Sambo.

He was the number 1 Samboist and MMArtist from 2003 to 2008 (the year he lost to Blagoy Ivanov in Sambo, someone he had defeated the previous year) & 2010, the year he lost to Fabricio Werdum, putting an end to a decade long undefeated run
(if we don't count the weird TK fight in which he was hit by an illegal elbow and would have been given the win had it not been a tournament)

We got some MMA fighters who were arguably at the top of their sport while competing in MMA, for instance about a decade ago, Roger Gracie, Demian Maia and Jacaré Souza were called the golden triangle of BJJ.
But they couldn't become dominant MMA champion while also competing in BJJ at the highest level...

I guess Semmy Schilt could have been what I'm describing, since for a short period of time he was untouchable in kickboxing, but sadly his first love, MMA, had been a fickle mistress.

Semmy had been King of Pancrase when he could reach for the rope from basically anywhere in the ring and break a submission
(and losing a point in the process, a lesser evil for sure),
but if he was always a dangerous opponent to face

To go back on topic for an instant, when Fedor defeated him, Semmy Schilt was 13-1 in his last 14 fights, with his only loss being a submission at the hands of Josh Barnett at UFC 32

Sure, he wasn't quite as dangerous in MMA as he was in the K-1 ring, where he dominated the annual GP from 2005 to 2009
(with an exception for 2008&2010, which were won by Peter Aerts)
He was still the K1 HW & super HW champion most of the time he was around, beating the elite of the elite at the higher weight classes

until he moved on to GLORY to win their super prestigious 2012 HWGP

That was just a little segue to underline how difficult it is to be at the top of the food chain in 1 fighting sport, let alone 2 at the same time.
Alistair Overeem is one of those who came relatively close, and look of far away he was!

Imagine if elite judokas like Lukáš Krpálek, Teddy Riner, Aaron Wolf
(or Hifumi Abe, to list someone who isn't a giant monster; I don't know much about Judo but it was fun following Abe's run alongisde his kawaaiii ٩(^◡^)۶ UwU imouto-kun Uta Abe during the 2020 Olympics <Oku04> it was tough rooting against them against the French representatives, but what can ya do...WAR HIFUMIN, please go to RIZIN ASAP and rejuvenate the sport, your glorious country needs you!!)
not only lived their normal Judo career, but were also the best MMArtist in the world simultaneously.

Fedor had an incredibly busy schedule in his prime, having to prepare for MMA fights and Sambo competitions at the same time...
The fact that the UFC wouldn't let him compete in Sambo while in contract with them
(something that makes sense in modern MMA, but back then it was just badass that PRIDE allowed him to do it; plus, since Sambo Combat had the reputation of being harsh toward steroid users, it also served to give Fedor a natty aura)
was a big reason why he wouldn't sign with them after PRIDE folded.

Plus, Affliction paid way more, and were feeding him top 6 and top 3 opponents until Josh Barnett done fucked up when he could have been a nice top 5 to add to the list of UFC champs that Fedor finished (it's alright, afterward he still got Frank Mir, Rampage Jackson, and double-division champ Chael Sonnen)

Sooooo what were we talking about? <{1-10}>

Oh Fedor!
I miss him too, but after the Tim Johnson fight, I don't feel like tempting the devil again

If I could choose, I'd rather he had a sweet grappling bout against another washed up legend, like, fuck it, let's say give Josh Barnett a 4th chance <{1-15}>
That way no one gets hurt.
Or fuck it even more, have Fedor and Khabib grapple it out! Fedor ain't even that much bigger
Or go balls in and have Fedor/GSP try to submit each other in some big card for a charity event for Ukraine or something

Crazy how small Fedor was when he did all this... especially when you see him next to guy who compete at much lower weight classes

Today, he would be either a big MW (Jacaré fought at MW for his whole career, and he looks about the same size as Fedor) if he lost a bit of fat, or a small LHW if he kept the ol' borscht belly

No way would he be a modern HW.
bJBljiOlEoE.jpg

Great post but

<{cruzshake}>

Look at that. Not to a front pic with clothes on. It's not just fat the thiiick difference we see there. FFS let's be serious,

Last edited:
Bigfoot Silva.
With Bigfoot Silva recent streak of being KO'd like there's no tomorrow, MAYBE Fedor can avenge his humiliating loss.
For all those Fedor crotch sniffers, dispute these 2 facts:
1.) Bigfoot beat the crap out of Fedor
2.) A green Daniel Cormier easily whooped Bigfoot Silva.
So how again is he Goat?
Oh yea, I have no brains, am a casual, and live in the basement.
But dispute two facts above.
Mike Tyson has beaten a couple fighters that had beaten a declining Muhammad Ali. Does that mean Ali is not the GOAT? No boxing expert has Tyson ranked above Ali. When they faced those common opponents, Ali was in decline while Tyson was a beast on the rise.

Fedor was slowing down (after 7 years as #1 HW in the world) while Bigfoot and DC were beasts on the rise. Is normal.

What's not normal was Fedor's 10 year unbeaten streak and 7 years as world champ. He also beat more ranked Heavyweights than any other fighter, except for Nogueira, who Fedor beat twice.

We don't only judge Big Nog on his PRIDE accomplishments.

Nog was a champion in every major organization he entered. Nog won the 32 man RINGS King of Kings Tournament before he became PRIDE World Heavyweight Champion. Even way past his prime with over 20 surgeries and almost 40 fights, he comes to the UFC and steps up and finishes Tim Sylvia for the UFC title. He fought Tim because the the lineal champion Randy Couture was fighting the UFC in court to get out of his UFC contract so he could fight Fedor, the #1 Heavyweight on the planet.

Nogueira has more ranked Heavyweights wins than any other fighter ever.

It's hard to imagine a HW GOAT when he got punched unconscious by a MW rd1 who could barely last 2 rds with Silva.
Hendo hits like a truck. Mark Hunt had the consensus #1 chin in all of MMA. Remember when he got caught by Melvin Manhoef? A Middleweight/Welterweight? It can happen. Everybody knows Melvin and Hendo hit hard. Doesn't erase Fedor's accomplishments though. Still the GOAT until someone else goes 7 years as World Champ, defeating 20 ranked fighters, winning three major open weight tournaments, and showing that type of all around skill.

These guys weren't around when Fedor was in his prime, when Fedor was in his prime guys like Tim Sylvia, Frank Mir, ,Andrei Arlovski, Jeff Monson, Randy Couture were the top heavyweights. He beat most of those guys as well.

Back