I miss UFC events in the middle of the week

barillas

🔥CHAMA Belt🔥
@Brown
Reaction score
There was a unique charm to the UFC hosting events mid-week rather than reserving all the action for Saturdays. This scheduling offered us an exciting break from the routine, especially when many are looking for entertainment alternatives during the week. There were even occasional back-to-back events, spanning just a couple of days. With fewer competing activities mid-week, these events made the middle of the week significantly more thrilling for fight enthusiasts.

I went to Weidman vs Munoz which was on a Wednesday in San Jose so the early prelims started at like 1 or 2 pm
When the first fight started there was probably only 6 fans in the entire huge arena so you could clearly hear me yelling out jokes on the broadcast, it was my finest moment
Since there was no one there I just went up and sat in the front row and no one ever made me leave until the main event was about to start because I just happened to sit in Mark Munoz family seats and they didn't come out of his locker room until right before his fight
I met Dana White that night and had NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers setting right behind me, I was super drunk so I couldn't figure who the hell he was but the cameras kept filming him so I kept turning around on my seat and drunkenly staring right at him to try and figure out who the heck he was, I'm sure he enjoyed that
Anyhoo, it was a fun experience that wouldn't have happened if not for the fights being on a weekday work day so I support your cause, young @barillas

Nah, they suck, if they start too early you miss fights because you are at work, if they start too late you miss fights because you have to get up for work.

I went to Weidman vs Munoz which was on a Wednesday in San Jose so the early prelims started at like 1 or 2 pm
When the first fight started there was probably only 6 fans in the entire huge arena so you could clearly hear me yelling out jokes on the broadcast, it was my finest moment
Since there was no one there I just went up and sat in the front row and no one ever made me leave until the main event was about to start because I just happened to sit in Mark Munoz family seats and they didn't come out of his locker room until right before his fight
I met Dana White that night and had NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers setting right behind me, I was super drunk so I couldn't figure who the hell he was but the cameras kept filming him so I kept turning around on my seat and drunkenly staring right at him to try and figure out who the heck he was, I'm sure he enjoyed that
Anyhoo, it was a fun experience that wouldn't have happened if not for the fights being on a weekday work day so I support your cause, young @barillas
So nice. I simply can't enjoy a fight if I'm drunk

Nah, they suck, if they start too early you miss fights because you are at work, if they start too late you miss fights because you have to get up for work.
But they'll suck anyway, those cards they're putting on Apex are trash, it would be better to watch then during week

I miss Fight Night on a Friday, and PPV on Saturday...

Hell. I miss PPV on Friday

But they'll suck anyway, those cards they're putting on Apex are trash, it would be better to watch then during week

Nobody should be watching Apex bumfights live anyway. You genuinely need to reassess your life if you are spending 6 hours watching that shit in real time start to finish.

You can even come here and maybe only risk having the main event spoiled in a thread title - heaven forbid a Marcin Tybura main event is spoiled for you - because nobody gives a fuck.

Bro, they still have occasional Wednesday and Friday fight cards couple times a year. What a pointless post. They are not an often thing.

since they have to puke out all those Apex cards as a business obligation anyway, why not hold a few in the middle of the week? at least when DWCS is not going on. would be a nice change of pace.

There was a unique charm to the UFC hosting events mid-week rather than reserving all the action for Saturdays. This scheduling offered us an exciting break from the routine, especially when many are looking for entertainment alternatives during the week. There were even occasional back-to-back events, spanning just a couple of days. With fewer competing activities mid-week, these events made the middle of the week significantly more thrilling for fight enthusiasts.
https://media.tenor.com/F_gIPmThS6MAAAAe/hes-right-you-know-morgan-freeman.png

The degenerate gambler in me agrees. But also for all the other reasons you mention, ts.

WEC events used to be on Thursdays I think. Those were boss.

It was cool to have a separation, it meant that only big events were on Saturdays. But I guess now on the plus side you don't have to think about it and every Saturday is a UFC event. Wasn't too bad for me to tune and follow, but now I guess I would lose track so much easier with the watered down cards.

The sole purpose of those mid-week UFC's was to pressure Bellator (or perhaps other orgs too...) who had events on that same night... but I recall Bellator mostly. Bellator didn't want to try & compete their event against the UFC, so they were doing it on Wed. I watched teh UFC throw a card together in a matter of weeks in order to fook with them, and it was very obvious that's what they were doing.

Once the Monopoly lawsuits started coming in, the UFC did a complete flip, and even started helping other orgs. They started letting some of their biggest names go to be scooped up by Bellator. I recall Bader, Rory, & Ben Henderson all being let go around this time, & I couldn't comprehend it in any other way except that they needed to beef up Bellator so that they had legit competition from another org. Bellator had been in the red for its entire run up until then, and it still took them a few years to become profitable. (...if they ever did.)

Anywayz... I don't think they're going to go that route any more... but who knowz, maybe they'll get a sweet deal to host on a network channel during the week.

Back