I predict this

No, I thought you meant black-out drunk, not black ass

lol - maybe diff terms for being shitfaced are used in diff parts of the globe lol or...

Maybe I am the one not knowing what I am talking about lol, as I too, am a simple minded fuck 😁
Nah, I pulled a Brendan Schaub, it's me. I swear I'm not as retarded as him though.

They should just replace all stop signs with the statue of holloway

I never understood this logic. Why is someone "not allowed" to be a hero while they're alive? People should be given their flowers when they're around to actually receive them.
it’s a personal belief of mine, which many share. people tend to react emotionally to events in the current time, while hindsight allows them to be more objective. also, sometimes people do things that ruin their legacies while they’re still alive (e.g., bill cosby, p-diddy, etc.). if you want to honor someone in the current time, go give them flowers by all means. i’m talking specifically about the sorts of people who deserve to be publicly honored with statutes.

it’s a personal belief of mine, which many share. people tend to react emotionally to events in the current time, while hindsight allows them to be more objective. also, sometimes people do things that ruin their legacies while they’re still alive (e.g., bill cosby, p-diddy, etc.). if you want to honor someone in the current time, go give them flowers by all means. i’m talking specifically about the sorts of people who deserve to be publicly honored with statutes.
Someone doesn't need to be dead in order for hindsight to be a factor. Not that I think Max will or should get a statue, but we'll use him as the example. He's only 32 now. If a statue was erected 20 years from now, that would be PLENTY of time for hindsight and objective reflection. And the whole "people will ruin their legacies while they're alive" is a pretty strained argument. Negative things can (and do) just as easily come out about a person after death. Or public sentiments change with time. Or etc.

Tons of living athletes have statues outside of the arenas where they played. Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Kareem, and Shaq all have statues outside the Lakers arena, and no great human tragedy has struck. Really, it seems like you're being dogmatic for the sake of being dogmatic. It's really not that serious.

Someone doesn't need to be dead in order for hindsight to be a factor. Not that I think Max will or should get a statue, but we'll use him as the example. He's only 32 now. If a statue was erected 20 years from now, that would be PLENTY of time for hindsight and objective reflection. And the whole "people will ruin their legacies while they're alive" is a pretty strained argument. Negative things can (and do) just as easily come out about a person after death. Or public sentiments change with time. Or etc.
in 20 years, if people are still high on max holloway’s ufc 300 performance, there would be a much stronger argument for immortalizing him in a statue. that argument is at its strongest if they still care when he’s long gone. i’ve watched enough legacies burn to know that the prudent course is to wait until someone passes to canonize them.

when it comes to sports heroes, they can add to their legacies by going on to become public servants or philanthropists. byron white for example, after he played in the nfl, went on to become the assistant ag, and ultimately a scotus justice. and vitali klitschko went on to become the mayor of kyiv, ukraine. perhaps max can do what bj penn failed to do and hold public office for his people. after a lifetime of serving his community, the statue would be a no-brainer.
Tons of living athletes have statues outside of the arenas where they played. Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Kareem, and Shaq all have statues outside the Lakers arena, and no great human tragedy has struck.
like i said, athletes should be honored within the realm of the sport where they made their mark. but more generally, sports and entertainment worship is a poor substitute for recognizing more substantive contributions.
Really, it seems like you're being dogmatic for the sake of being dogmatic. It's really not that serious.
nope. just giving my opinion, just like you are.

One of the greats and still has at least 5 years in him.

Back