I respect Conor’s skills, but his shots at the LW title make the sport a farce

This is his third fight at LW, and all 3 fights were shots at the LW title.

He just literally gets a shot at LW whenever he wants.

He can come out of retirement in 5 years and get another shot at the LW title.

Not cool, dude.
It's not a title shot. I have no problem with him jumping the queue in terms of contention but not the title.

My bigger issue is the kangaroo title fights and/or kangaroo defenses..giving title shots to b-level guys. To build up his title defenses

How did you feel about GSP coming out of retirement and getting a Middleweight title shot against Bisping? Or Randy Couture coming out of retirement and getting a heavyweight title shot against Sylvia? That's just two guys off the top of my head. There are other examples. It's called "star power"

Not cool, dude.
Depends what you mean by sport.

If you're talking about skills, then no, you're wrong.

If you're talking about rankings and records, then you're right.

I care more about skills.

Star power gets you fast tracked. BJ and Couture both got immediate shots at the title in a new division. Hughes got offered one against Franklin. And since Conor, GSP, TJ, CCC, several female fighters and soon to be Izzy and Jones all got immediate shots when entering a new division.

1-It's prize fighting, not Olympics.
2-It's not a TS
3- Conor is a former double champ
4- your post sucks

If anything Conor fucked Tony over.(but he had his chances to get a title shot)
Khabib didn't deserve a title shot and yet he bitched like crazy when conor fought Alvarez

He definitely didn’t deserve Poirier after being away from the sport for so long and being 1-1 since his return.

How did you feel about GSP coming out of retirement and getting a Middleweight title shot against Bisping? Or Randy Couture coming out of retirement and getting a heavyweight title shot against Sylvia? That's just two guys off the top of my head. There are other examples. It's called "star power"
Triple Cringe and nunes too. Pretty much any champ who wants to fight for a 2nd belt gets an immediate shot.

Connors 2nd shot was after being away after boxing, he never lost the belt so of course he should fight for it on good return.

There was no 3red shot although since him and Dustin were the only 2 in the top 5 at the time coming off wins it would have been justified.

Not cool, dude.

His legacy will always have that asterisk along with it. He was the best at talking shit and had a WWF personality, and was a great fighter. But he's never come close to the proverbial Mount Rushmore of the sport because he never defended a belt once.

3- Conor is a former double champ
Who never once defended his title. What's the point in being a champ if you're not defending? I don't think it carries as much as clout as many make it out to be

Last edited:
Back