I rewatched old Jones fights (prediction)

I think Gane wins too, because of the things you listed. But if it’s very close and it goes to the judges, Jones wins this. Gane must finish Jones or soundly beat him, a split decision would be too risky and might not favor Gane.

Jon Jones was stronger than Ngannou years ago when he was a LHW.
It’s ok if you are diehard Bones fan, but don’t go full retard like this again.

fuck gane.
<TheWire1>

Last edited:
Okay, I just rewatched Jones VS Shogun, Alex, Reyes, and Evans. (I did watch the fights live as they happened as well)

When Jones has a clear physical advantage he absolutely looks like the greatest fighter of all time (Shogun, Evans). He is best when he can sit back and throw well-thought-out, high-powered shots. He does lack any true elite boxing so it's best when he can throw unusual strikes that most fighters don't see in training. He has a great element of surprise in that area.

But when matched up with fighters who don't give up insane reach, who move light on their feet and remain active in their boxing, he STILL looks elite but becomes vulnerable (Alex and Reyes). It must be said there is a realistic blueprint to beat him, unlike some people who would have you believe he is unbeatable and has never been in any real danger.

So this is where Gane comes in. He is a nightmare match up for Jon. He is tall, extremely light on his feet, has power, youth and he is heavily motivated. But most importantly he has an 81-inch reach with high level kick boxing. He is clearly the best striker Jones has ever faced. He is clearly the most dangerous fighter Jon had ever faced.

Also when speaking on Gane too much has been made of Ganes grappling (or lack of) after the Ngannou fight. I honestly believe Gane had no idea that Ngannou was going to grapple him that night. I also think Ngannou is ALOT stronger than Jon and he may be the most naturally strong man that has ever entered the Octagon. Ngannou is the friend you ask to help move your fridge and he picks it over his head by himself with ease....The point being Gane grappling will be fine.

Prediction: This IS a toss-up fight. Jones will get busted up quickly and early in this one and his whole survival depends on winning the clench and getting AND maintaining the takedown...

...Here is the problem, Gane knows this and will be VERY hard to take down. He will be VERY prepared after what happened with Ngannou.

If you bet then Gane is the smart money being the underdog. Not to mention that Jon has been out 3 years and we are bound to see the best version of Gane.

Jones will do enough to make a few rounds close by getting some takedowns but it won't be enough as Gane will land big shots and have Jones wobbling and reeling for survival.

Gane by split Dec. I'm putting $500 on Gane.

My Join date checks out. I know what I'm talking about.
The whole issue with this prediction is that fighters like Reyes, Santos and Gus (1st) came out guns blazing, not giving Jones any space. You can also look at the first round of the Machida fight. Typically when someone overwhelms Jon, he doesn't do well for the first couple of rounds. The issue with Gane is, he doesn't do that. He picks his shots, versus throwing the kitchen sink at his opponents. You bring up a good argument with Gane being able to defend more takedowns this time around, as we all know he didn't expect Francis to shoot. However, given all of the factors that have been presented to us, it truly is a toss-up.
My personal prediction: Jon's biggest threat, is himself. I am one of those who believes that he genuinely lost inspiration towards the end of his reign and didn't care much for Reyes/Santos. I mean hell, he didn't try to take Thiago down with no knees. I feel as if that's a clear indicator, bro was just playing with his food. I know, call me crazy, actually believing what Jon is saying about being "uninspired." Regardless, there's so many factors that can go into the decision: weight gain, time off, mileage, etc. Nobody knows what Jon we're going to get, but fuck... it would be beautiful if we saw an even better Jon. The only reference point I have is GSP coming back against Bisping, no disrespect to Bisping, but GSP showed new skills and looked just as sharp after the layoff. However, I I truly think Jones will be looking to recreate a performance similar to Shogun. Dominance from start to finish. I think rather than a slow filling-out process, we'll likely get violence from the start. Similar to DC/Jones 1. I've spent the past several weeks watching both of their matches really looking for ways both of them can win/lose. I know it doesn't mean much, just my prediction.

Join date DOES not check out. Hindsight is always 20/20, regardless... I think this style of fight is the future of heavyweight bouts and is a big step in MMA, arguably being one of the most important fights of all time.

Wall and stall is 100% on the table of strategy for Jones and his team. I think he will "win" a few rounds just grabbing and holding on for dear life to get some what of a superior position.
if jones dosnt try to bully gane to the fence where he can out position him and chew him up with strikes like he did to dc and glover he needs a new camp/coaches

people taking about the takedowns, but i dont see why he would even waste the energy when he can possibly just beat him up against the fence

Okay, I just rewatched Jones VS Shogun, Alex, Reyes, and Evans. (I did watch the fights live as they happened as well)

When Jones has a clear physical advantage he absolutely looks like the greatest fighter of all time (Shogun, Evans). He is best when he can sit back and throw well-thought-out, high-powered shots. He does lack any true elite boxing so it's best when he can throw unusual strikes that most fighters don't see in training. He has a great element of surprise in that area.

But when matched up with fighters who don't give up insane reach, who move light on their feet and remain active in their boxing, he STILL looks elite but becomes vulnerable (Alex and Reyes). It must be said there is a realistic blueprint to beat him, unlike some people who would have you believe he is unbeatable and has never been in any real danger.

So this is where Gane comes in. He is a nightmare match up for Jon. He is tall, extremely light on his feet, has power, youth and he is heavily motivated. But most importantly he has an 81-inch reach with high level kick boxing. He is clearly the best striker Jones has ever faced. He is clearly the most dangerous fighter Jon had ever faced.

Also when speaking on Gane too much has been made of Ganes grappling (or lack of) after the Ngannou fight. I honestly believe Gane had no idea that Ngannou was going to grapple him that night. I also think Ngannou is ALOT stronger than Jon and he may be the most naturally strong man that has ever entered the Octagon. Ngannou is the friend you ask to help move your fridge and he picks it over his head by himself with ease....The point being Gane grappling will be fine.

Prediction: This IS a toss-up fight. Jones will get busted up quickly and early in this one and his whole survival depends on winning the clench and getting AND maintaining the takedown...

...Here is the problem, Gane knows this and will be VERY hard to take down. He will be VERY prepared after what happened with Ngannou.

If you bet then Gane is the smart money being the underdog. Not to mention that Jon has been out 3 years and we are bound to see the best version of Gane.

Jones will do enough to make a few rounds close by getting some takedowns but it won't be enough as Gane will land big shots and have Jones wobbling and reeling for survival.

then you will lose you money thinking this fight is "legit"....Jon Jones will win in a weird fight everyone will be talking about....The UFC has ensured a Jon victory.

Gane goes from getting smothered by someone with zero grappling. But Jones will struggle to take him down? Makes sense.

I honestly don’t think Gane is the best striker Jones has faced nor is he the most dangerous fighter Jones has faced. I’m confused where people are getting this idea.
Well, as a thought experiment, out of Jones' opponents, who out strikes him, who beats him?

It’s ok if you are diehard Bones fan, but don’t go full retard like this again.

It's okay if you are a full retard that doesn't understand the human anatomy or how biomechanics work. Jones pulled a >600lbs deadlift multiple times when he was an active LHW. You have no evidence of Ngannou, Gane or any other Heavyweight pulling near those numbers, because they can't.
Skinny calves does not = weak. Look up the power lifter Larry Wheels who has skinnier calves than Jones and held 3x Power Lifting World Records in 3 different weight classes.

It's okay if you are a full retard that doesn't understand the human anatomy or how biomechanics work. Jones pulled a >600lbs deadlift multiple times when he was an active LHW. You have no evidence of Ngannou, Gane or any other Heavyweight pulling near those numbers, because they can't.
Skinny calves does not = weak. Look up the power lifter Larry Wheels who has skinnier calves than Jones and held 3x Power Lifting World Records in 3 different weight classes.
Im not talking about any other heavy, just Francis Ngannou. Jon is not stronger than Francis, stop the nonsense. You look fucking stupid saying that. Jon has other attributes that would give him an advantage over Francis, but raw power isn’t one of them. I don’t need to be a fucking scientist to know that.

Im not talking about any other heavy, just Francis Ngannou. Jon is not stronger than Francis, stop the nonsense. You look fucking stupid saying that. Jon has other attributes that would give him an advantage over Francis, but raw power isn’t one of them. I don’t need to be a fucking scientist to know that.

I know you're not a scientist, you're a child on the internet. Francis looks "bigger" than the powerlifter I mentioned as well, are you going to say Francis is stronger than him too? He also looks 5x bigger than Yuri Belkin, another power lifter who looks quite average but has one of the highest WILKS scores ever recorded.
You're a moron that has no idea what he's talking about. "Hurrr durrrr big biceps and ankles = Big and Strong"

looking back, it will be hilarious to watch people who bet jones to justify exactly why they did
Why would someone have to justify betting on a fighter who has never been beaten and is widely considered the GOAT?

Regardless of the circumstances or what you think the outcome will be, it would be foolish for anyone to count Jones out.

That'd be hard to say for sure

Jon had some impressive powerlifting numbers. A lot of guys look strong but don't pull numbers. I'm sure Francis is incredibly strong, but to discern who's stronger between the two would require more than just outward appearance.

Either way, it doesn't matter.

Grappling strength combined with technique, leverage and timing is gonna matter more as it pertains to MMA.

Well, as a thought experiment, out of Jones' opponents, who out strikes him, who beats him?
Not unreasonable to think Gustafsson, Santos, Reyes, were as good as Gane in striking department. I'm going off of memory here though. I want to rewatch all these fights this weekend.

I know you're not a scientist, you're a child on the internet.
A child with a second acct 13 years older than yours, who’s been watching mma longer than you’ve been alive. I don’t care about muscles, I care about the fact that Jon got his takedowns stuffed effortlessly lately whereas Ngannou lifted Gane and dropped im on his head. You think Jones didn’t feel like taking these guys down when he was strugglin on his feet? No. He simply could not, despite having much better technique than Ngannou.

All hate aside, let’s wait to the Gane fight. Neither is a ko artist so we will tell who’s right and wrong, since it will be the only thing in common between Jones and Francis and a hw Jones will “surely be 10x stronger” than his calorie restricted version.

That'd be hard to say for sure. Either way, it doesn't matter.
TRUE. Great av, btw.

Last edited:

I actually totally agree with you analysis, but I'm worried that Jones will somehow find a way to win.
Hoping Gane pulls it off.

A child with a second acct 13 years older than yours, who’s been watching mma longer than you’ve been alive. I don’t care about muscles, I care about the fact that Jon got his takedowns stuffed effortlessly lately whereas Ngannou lifted Gane and dropped im on his head. You think Jones didn’t feel like taking these guys down when he was strugglin on his feet? No. He simply could not, despite having much better technique than Ngannou.

All hate aside, let’s wait to the Gane fight. Neither is a ko artist so we will tell who’s right and wrong, since it will be the only thing in common between Jones and Francis and a hw Jones will “surely be 10x stronger” than his calorie restricted version.

You are now conflating Strength with Skill/Technique. Cyril Gane doesn't weigh >600lbs. Usman, hell, even Khabib could pick up a 250lbs man and drop them when they have no idea how to defend themselves. There's videos of Hafthor and Brian Shaw getting rag dolled by fighters 1/5 their size. But that's because of the massive skill difference, not strength. There is a difference. What about when Stipe rag dolled Francis in their first fight? Are you saying Stipe is stronger than Ngannou?

Jon Jones is stronger than Ngannou and the only evidence you have to say otherwise is that your account is older than mine lmao. Just stop and think before you call people retarded when you have no idea what you're talking about.

see if you can get the gane decision line...?

The only way Jones gets "busted up" early is if Gane blitzes or walks Jon down. Both would be a huge surprise but also pay into Jones' strengths for grappling and takedowns.

But Gane has big big power and with that he can end Jones at any time. Jon does not have this and will have to chip and grind in order to get a decision or finish a wounded challenger.

Jon Jones is stronger than Ngannou and the only evidence you have to say otherwise .
Ok, genius. Now that you’ve been talking about “evidence” for quite a while, let’s play your game. What evidence you have to CLAIM that 205 Jon is STRONGER than Francis. I will wait.

Gane has nasty standup, isn't known for power kill shots though.

Will he stop Jones before Jones can grapple him? Frank utterly outclassed Cyril on the mat, will Jones do the same?

If I had to bet, I'd put money on Cyril. Time off, weight gain, gap in striking skill should be enough for Cyril to win 3-2 or 4-1. I don't think he stops Jon.

Back