Social I still don't understand why slavery is blamed on white Americans

No, he's saying that white Americans aren't the perpetrators, and he's right. There are only two things to blame: slave owners (who are all dead for generations, and weren't all white), and the US government. The later of which owes reparations to those who can prove their ancestors were wronged.
So, you're pointing out your ignorance of things like red lining, is that right?

There are some people in personal circle who I consider to be generally good people who push such an odd narrative. They say that african-americans fall behind in so many ways because of the history of white America & slavery. Even when I was younger this never made sense to me. Anyone who has read any religious text would know that slavery is neither an American or a white phenomenon. Especially when you realise that the slaves in America were sold by black Africans.

Someone I had a civil but loud argument with was trying to convince me that america was very invested in slavery because they had a civil war over it. But there within lied the contradiction. Aren't the same 'evil' white Americans the ones who fought to end slavery in that very civil war? To which the answer was an angry look and silence.

I honestly think if we are going to use the argument that slavery disadvantaged this racial group. Then the blame lies with who sold the slaves, and not who freed them.

Because we are in a culture war, the far left vs everyone else. The far left must be stopped.

Because we are in a culture war, the far left vs everyone else. The far left must be stopped.

The Robert E Lee statue from viginia is being melted down, let me know how you feel about it in the thread I posted.

The Robert E Lee statue from viginia is being melted down, let me know how you feel about it in the thread I posted.

...then Abraham Lincoln, and Gandhi...then YOU...these lunatics don't know when to stop. Wokism is a cancer.

Except the thread topic is the role of white Americans in the fate of the surviving descendants of slaves, not the ones who died, isn't it?

This thread is truly stupid as fuck.
But I did not respond to the thread title, I responded to a reply of someone who claimed the American slave trade was uniquely brutal compared to other slave trades.

Probably because the majority of slave owners in the United States were white people.

So I don't really understand the premise of this question.

It's like TS is taking it personally. Pretty sure TS never participated.

Probably because the majority of slave owners in the United States were white people.

So I don't really understand the premise of this question.

It's like TS is taking it personally. Pretty sure TS never participated.

This may come as a shock to you, but America isn't the only country that had slavery.

This may come as a shock to you, but America isn't the only country that had slavery.

Everybody knows that already. Doesn't absolve the white slave owners and the entire South going to war to keep slavery.

You're arguing on the level of a 5th grader - "But other people did bad things too!"

There are some people in personal circle who I consider to be generally good people who push such an odd narrative. They say that african-americans fall behind in so many ways because of the history of white America & slavery. Even when I was younger this never made sense to me. Anyone who has read any religious text would know that slavery is neither an American or a white phenomenon. Especially when you realise that the slaves in America were sold by black Africans.

Someone I had a civil but loud argument with was trying to convince me that america was very invested in slavery because they had a civil war over it. But there within lied the contradiction. Aren't the same 'evil' white Americans the ones who fought to end slavery in that very civil war? To which the answer was an angry look and silence.

I honestly think if we are going to use the argument that slavery disadvantaged this racial group. Then the blame lies with who sold the slaves, and not who freed them.
It’s a sign that US is actually a good and safe enough place to openly talk about the crazy stuff. Movies like roots also sensationalized the slave era and focused solely on the US.

Unfortunately, you don’t really hear or see much about Brazil’s dark past.. and present slave trade.

because 21st century whites are dumb enough to give free stuff to others. If they complain to Arabs or blacks they will tell them to stfu.

I see some idiots willing to pay their dead, alcoholic father's gambling debts itt.

Everybody knows that already. Doesn't absolve the white slave owners and the entire South going to war to keep slavery.

You're arguing on the level of a 5th grader - "But other people did bad things too!"
Pretty sure all those white slave owners are dead and have been for quite some time. What is your plan to punish them?

Pretty sure all those white slave owners are dead and have been for quite some time. What is your plan to punish them?

Teaching accurate history. Even if it hurts your feelings.

Slavery has been around before the concept of countries even existed. But this has nothing to do with my post.

Teaching accurate history. Even if it hurts your feelings.
I've never met a left wing person who wants to teach the history of slavery accurately.

I see very little mention of the fact that the British had to go to war with a lot of African states when they refused to stop enslaving their own people. I see no one on the left calling for white British people to get slavery reparations from Italians or Scandinavians. I see no one on the left offering to pay reparations to the black African child who was forced to work in a slave mine to make their mobile phone.

The truth is that there are blacks in America partly because they got sold out by their own people for 30 pieces of silver. That truth hurts their feelings so they'd rather blame it all on white people.

We live in fascist times and you still don't know?

White or western expansionist wasn't tied to just one country but the imperialist element of all of them. There are literally countries that exist in the arsenal hole of nowhere because of white slavery. Now consider the amount of people needed to be taken from a place to work for every western empire that existed since the 1700s. So yeah, they did a lot.

I don’t think it’s the slavery alone that folks are mad and disgusted at.

You know the whole “buck breaking” thing, flooding of black towns, burning down black towns, land barons out right stealing black land.

But hey I hear Lake Lanier makes for great swimming for the family. Y’all should go check it out!

Yes, slavery has been a global issue and all racial types have been enslaved, whites, blacks, jews. Blacks also enslaved other blacks.

In America, blacks were enslaved and groups of Southern white people did this. It truly was terrible. Read the bio by Frederick Douglas on this.

But yes, a large group of whites tried to stop slavery. They were the good guys. And some guys like John Brown who wasn't really good, but fought for a good cause. He would butcher slave owners at night while they slept in their tents.

The conclusion that we can draw is that we have good and bad in all racial groups and as humans we need to strive for the good, reject the bad, and reject focusing on skin color and stereotypes.

Back