I Still Have No Idea How Good Conor is at LW

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, his inactivity makes his proper position at LW nearly impossible to judge. Counting his WW fights, since they were against career LWs:

- Nate Diaz: He's 1-1, and arguably 0-2. However, Diaz is a HORRIBLE style matchup for Conor. If Diaz didn't have his famous chin, Conor would be an easy 2-0 against him, so it's kinda hard to judge Conor based on this one opponent.

- Cowboy: He's 1-0, and Cowboy was an absurdly easy matchup for him. So once again, kinda hard to judge Conor based on this fight.

- Khabib: He's 0-1, and this at least showed how Conor deals with pressure, wrestling and endless grappling from someone his own size. That said, Khabib is a goddamn unicorn among unicorns, and IMO the best LW of all time. So Conor's loss here isn't a bad look IMO.

- *Current* Dustin: He's 0-2, and these are his worst losses IMO. In both fights, and especially the 3rd, Dustin won the standup early on, which is supposed to be when Conor is at his most dangerous. Dustin had the better boxing, better defense standing up, more effective kicks, much better grappling, and much more composure/heart.

That said, Dustin might be the 2nd best LW we've ever seen. Who else other than Dustin could outbox Conor in R1 at LW? Which begs the question: How would Conor do against other LWs? For all we know, Conor might be #2 at LW now with Khabib gone. Or he might be below top 15 if he had to fight more opponents.

I have ZERO clue lol.

Yeah, I do not how anyone would beat Khabib in MMA or Floyd in boxing in their weight classes.

Dustin is most likely the best fighter in the most competitive division. Conor is now going to be very underrated due to those losses.

I would love to see him against Tony or Justin.

Connor at LW has maybe the worst record ever. Both Diaz fights and the Cowboy fight were at Welterweight

Which means he currently has a record of 1-3 with his only win at LW being in 2016.

Hell, his only wins since the Alvarez fight was a past his prime (sadly) Cowboy and some old guy at a bar in Ireland

Yeah, I do not how anyone would beat Khabib in MMA or Floyd in boxing in their weight classes.

Dustin is most likely the best fighter in the most competitive division. Conor is now going to be very underrated due to those losses.

I would love to see him against Tony or Justin.

Justin would destroy Conor's leg worse than Porier did

Only way to tell for sure is to "feed" him guys between 6 to 10 in the rankings. RDA or even Hooker seems like a good gauge

The man is 19-1, boxed and kicked the man's head off last night ye bollicks.

EbVOd55.gif

Yeah. Hard to tell. McGregor is definitely outside the top 3. But how would he do against the more fringe top 5 like a Dan Hooker? Chandler?

We don’t know. Connor could be guy #4 or #5 or not even in top 15 when he doesn’t have that size and huge reach advantage

His only win at Lightweight was against a guy that soon went on to get Knocked Out in the first round against a complete nobody in One FC... Conor is a can at Lightweight.

Only LW top 10ers I'd feel confident picking pre-injury Conor over are Tony and Gillespie

Only way to tell for sure is to "feed" him guys between 6 to 10 in the rankings. RDA or even Hooker seems like a good gauge

I wouldn’t call that feeding (which I don’t think you did either due to your quotes). I think those would be proper tests to see if he’s above or below that top 10 line

Would love to see the RDA matchup for some closure. I’m guessing Connor either finishes the Nate trilogy or maybe boxes a youtuber if he returns at all. He won’t slug up through the rankings

Agreed, @HockeyBjj (sorry can't seem to reply to you directly; white belt initiation rites I guess).
He sure as hell won't go the natural and more dignified prove - your - worth route.

Yup. Gaethje and Oliveria would most likely mirror Conor's recent record... and Gaethje already kinda does haha.

Justin got finished by Dustin, easily beat Cowboy, and got subbed by Khabib... just like Conor lol.

The only way to know where Conor really stands is for him to fight other guys, except he won't do that. Conor could be an unranked bum at LW now, or the 3rd best LW of all time. We just have zero clue.

Connor at LW has maybe the worst record ever. Both Diaz fights and the Cowboy fight were at Welterweight

Which means he currently has a record of 1-3 with his only win at LW being in 2016.

Hell, his only wins since the Alvarez fight was a past his prime (sadly) Cowboy and some old guy at a bar in Ireland
Not sure if you can call the fight with the old guy at the bar in Ireland a win tbh.

Seriously, his inactivity makes his proper position at LW nearly impossible to judge. Counting his WW fights, since they were against career LWs:

- Nate Diaz: He's 1-1, and arguably 0-2. However, Diaz is a HORRIBLE style matchup for Conor. If Diaz didn't have his famous chin, Conor would be an easy 2-0 against him, so it's kinda hard to judge Conor based on this one opponent.

- Cowboy: He's 1-0, and Cowboy was an absurdly easy matchup for him. So once again, kinda hard to judge Conor based on this fight.

- Khabib: He's 0-1, and this at least showed how Conor deals with pressure, wrestling and endless grappling from someone his own size. That said, Khabib is a goddamn unicorn among unicorns, and IMO the best LW of all time. So Conor's loss here isn't a bad look IMO.

- *Current* Dustin: He's 0-2, and these are his worst losses IMO. In both fights, and especially the 3rd, Dustin won the standup early on, which is supposed to be when Conor is at his most dangerous. Dustin had the better boxing, better defense standing up, more effective kicks, much better grappling, and much more composure/heart.

That said, Dustin might be the 2nd best LW we've ever seen. Who else other than Dustin could outbox Conor in R1 at LW? Which begs the question: How would Conor do against other LWs? For all we know, Conor might be #2 at LW now with Khabib gone. Or he might be below top 15 if he had to fight more opponents.

I have ZERO clue lol.

This why the ufc needs to quit their endless rematches and make the man fight someone new. This goes for other fighters too, the amount of instant rematches is too damn high

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back