I think it really is nerve damage to Chris

BucktoothBeauty

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score

3:05 ~ 3:10 that eye is definitely coming shut without him noticing. I'm no fucking doctor but that can't be good. I really don't want to see him fight anymore because if that happens in a fight he could eat a shot he literally didn't see coming and make it worse.

I also think they should ban that knee on takedowns. Ya its effective when it lands but thats 1 dude with a caved in skull
Screen-Shot-2016-07-17-at-8.43.14-PM.png

and another with apparent brain damage.

3:05 ~ 3:10 that eye is definitely coming shut without him noticing. I'm no fucking doctor but that can't be good. I really don't want to see him fight anymore because if that happens in a fight he could eat a shot he literally didn't see coming and make it worse.

I also think they should ban that knee on takedowns. Ya its effective when it lands but thats 1 dude with a caved in skull

I agree in a way, but also it's the situation where you have been made aware of the consequences. Fighters choice to step in the cage....

Ban knees on takedowns?

You want wrestlers to have even MORE of an advantage?

What utter hotseshit.

I agree in a way, but also it's the situation where you have been made aware of the consequences. Fighters choice to step in the cage....
There are many illegal moves that have been made illegal out of the desire to protect the fighters from excessive harm. This is no exception. If you wanted to see TRUE fighting, nut shots and small joint submissions would dominate.

Last edited:
Damn, I used to hate the Weidman.....but I'm pulling for him in this one.

There are many illegal moves that have been made illegal out of the desire to protect the fighters from excessive harm. This is no exception. If you wanted to see TRUE fighting, nut shots and small joint submissions would dominate.
Fair enough. But does that mean that if a move is legal you shouldn't use it?

this is so fucking stupid. Be careful where you put your head. Don;t become a fighter if you don't want to risk getting hit in the head hard. Holy shit. I hate people.

this is so fucking stupid. Be careful where you put your head. Don;t become a fighter if you don't want to risk getting hit in the head hard. Holy shit. I hate people.

if you're not trolling about banning a knee counter to someone ducking their head then......fuck man I dunno. I think you should just be killed.

You are a sick fuck.

Agreed! Aa a fighter who signs the contract your aware of the ramifications

if you're not trolling about banning a knee counter to someone ducking their head then......fuck man I dunno. I think you should just be killed.
Knee to the head of a takedown is a viable option. If it's legal, why wouldn't you use it?

The kneecap is not nearly as thick or strong as the skull. An end result of a shattered kneecap is much more likely than a "caved in skull."

Also if you band knees to prevent takedown then you're continuing to move the sport further and further from legitimate fighting. The end result of that is you see things in MMA that don't work in real life. That makes it get continually closer to pro wrestling from that standpoint. The point of MMA is to see what happens in a real fight - what techniques work and which techniques don't work. If a takedown only works because knees are banned where is the legitimacy of the sport? It's somewhere in between MMA and pro wrestling. You lose the personalities and the exciting angles of pro wrestling, yet it would still fall far short of a real shoot.

K let's make takedowns illegal then, not the knees ^

What's ironic about it, though, is, from what I read, his eye was hit by his own knee after he crumpled from the Yoel knee to the forehead. I just wouldn't have thought the force of his head falling to his knee would do permanent damage.

Back