I thought Bo Nickal was supposed to ragdoll people when he got hold of them

Probably right about the roids. Wrong about the rest. His second fight was Stephan Bonnar, who was huge, and he dominated him like he had never been dominated before.

That would be equivalent to Bo fighting and dominating someone like Brad Tavares 2 years ago.
Actually Bonnar gave jones his toughest fight until he fought Gus, some thought Bonnar beat him. Jones had that one spinning elbow but struggled the entire fight. Unlike Bo jones had a huge size advantage over all those blown up middleweights

Actually Bonnar gave jones his toughest fight until he fought Gus, some thought Bonnar beat him. Jones had that one spinning elbow but struggled the entire fight. Unlike Bo jones had a huge size advantage over all those blown up middleweights
Actually, that's not at all the way it was.

Jones rag dolled Bonner. Suplexes, throws, trips, spinning elbow knockdowns. Domination.

And Bonner was indeed a natural LHW himself.

I don’t know why people don’t like bo, he comes across as a nice guy, plus it’s not his fault he was on the main card so I don’t know why people are directing their anger towards him

He will eventually get you down if he gets his hands around you … it’s not alway first try or guaranteed

There’s never been a wrestler that could get every takedown though - you’re being too critical

Jones, Cormier , chimaev, henry, Lesnar - everyone’s been stuffed …

For the people making excuses for Bo, understand that he was -2100. When you're -2100, the expectation is an absolute slaughter within minutes. If he was -500 or even -600, yea, that performance was about what people would expect. -2100 is easily 1 of the most lopsided lines of the yr for UFC, if not the biggest favourite of any UFC fight this yr

You're really citing gambling odds? No one should be -2100. Where does your assumption from that a rising fighter needs to finish every fight in minutes? Khamzat had 3 fights go to the second round before he ever faced anyone relevant. Shavkat had a bunch too. Keep your expectations in check, the vast majority of fighters aren't Ronda Rousey. Don't downplay a dominant win. The guy hasn't been remotely tested yet.

You're really citing gambling odds? No one should be -2100. Where does your assumption from that a rising fighter needs to finish every fight in minutes? Khamzat had 3 fights go to the second round before he ever faced anyone relevant. Shavkat had a bunch too. Keep your expectations in check, the vast majority of fighters aren't Ronda Rousey. Don't downplay a dominant win. The guy hasn't been remotely tested yet.
Agree, Bo won easily. However he did not look as good as the hype suggested (which was ridiculous by the way) and I agree that he has not really been tested. I always thought Bo was a solid wrestler but not the "OH MY GOD THIS GUY IS THE POTENTIAL GOAT" that some people seem to think.

What about Bo makes you think he'd be the type to "rage quit"?
He’s a white conservative so the soy boys are going to automatically hate him no matter how his career turns out.

I don’t know why people don’t like bo, he comes across as a nice guy, plus it’s not his fault he was on the main card so I don’t know why people are directing their anger towards him

Because he talks about wanting to fight Khamzat all the time. He talks about wanting to be the replacement for Costa, etc. said he could beat him a few fights ago, but despite all the big talk, he keeps taking fights with absolute cans. So if he really believed he was already at that level, why not fight at least someone who is top 15? Top 20 even?

I don't hate him though, I like him. But I understand where people are coming from.

That's besides all the preferential treatment he is getting.

That was the big selling point and justification for him being in the main card wasn’t it? I’m not convinced by this kid or his action man haircut.
He is a premium Ben Askren IMO. But he obviously lacks serious IQ and knowledge on the ground.

WIth Val Woodburn being cut and Pickett retiring, Brundage is the only current UFC fighter Bo NIckal has fought

The more experience his opponents have the less dominant he will look.

Is normal.

Bad opponent, but Bo basically controlled the fight from start to finish.

I thought it was a good performance, he was very dominant.

Sherdog is obsessed with wrestlers for some reason, but they don't realize that wrestling above LW just does't really work.

Gosh the comments on this thread could be mistaken for Twitter comments with terms like "crotch sniffing"

His striking is also a bit overrated. Rogan was acting as if he was a great striker on his podcast.

Overhand right into double-leg

His skillset still needs lots of polishing, this tactic has been used for over 2-decades and he needs to evolve that setup

Back