I would like to get thoughts on Rogan taking us back to early UFC hype strategy

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fighter more overrated than hand sanitizer boy currently is.
Man, he just beat Volk. Please don't tell me.. in classic Sherdog style.. that Volk was never that good and never your friend. I mean, you got to admit, that Ilia just jumped over a pretty high bar.

Man, he just beat Volk. Please don't tell me.. in classic Sherdog style.. that Volk was never that good and never your friend. I mean, you got to admit, that Ilia just jumped over a pretty high bar.
He did best volk, Matt Serra beat GSP. High bars indeed.

Like Serra, I think he’d get waxed in a rematch.

Unlike Serra, people are making goat threads about him after the win lol. Overrated as hell.

I can see him getting knocked out against LWs like Islam with a headkick if they are taller.
Volk was just the same height and similar reach which made it easy for Illia to deploy his weapons.

He is a great wrestler tho so it is not like there is no downside to trying to headkick him.

I love Topuria. I think the guy is a beast. His boxing is excellent. It's why I want to see the Max vs Ilia matchup. I would even favor Topuria in that fight and Max is my favorite fighter on the roster. I just think the "no weakness" stuff is taking it too far and it gave me flashbacks.........
View attachment 1031740

Edit: Google Vitor Belfort "no known weaknesses" image
Beat me to it

After Rogan sucked Ronda off so hard with the 'she could beat Floyd Mayweather " shit...I never gave his word an ounce of weight again sir.

Last edited:
He's looking pretty good and just dethroned one of the FW goats of all time. We just need a little more time to see what kind of staying power he has.
Personally, I've seen enough. I expect him to hold the title until he falls out of his prime

Just another day.

You're an unstoppable Juggernaut.... Until you're not.
I still remember Joe going on about the Machida Era and the second coming of Karate.

I also remember when it ended shortly thereafter.

View attachment 1031743

Izzy was "INVINCIBLE", and took on all comers. I (and a ton of others, particularly after the Jan fight) thought that a top-tier grappler only had to reach a title fight and Izzy would be screwed (and I STILL believe that). . . . and then Strickland out (master)classed him in boxing.

So, Ilia losing anytime in the next 8 fights wouldn't surprise me anywhere near as much as Izzy getting outboxed.

tldr// anything can happen.

He’s hittable, for sure, I just don’t want to be called a hater today. Jai Herbert pieced him up badly, but Ilia just has that equalizer.
His chin and recovery is ridiculous. He got hurt but once he recovered he knocked him out

How about the left high kick?

Or a knee/jumping knee

Honestly that's a pretty good indication of his durability. Definitely has holes in his striking defense, although I'm sure he's gotten more responsible since then. Herbert is a huge 155er & the weapons he used to hurt Ilia are the most powerful strikes you can land.

I don't see anyone at 145 that is going to expose him anytime soon. Maybe Movsar if he had more than 10 minutes of cardio. Maybe an ultra-opportunist like Diego Lopes could catch him?

We have to see. He's obviously got power, but nobody's really pressured him, and the best wrestler he's fought was Bryce Mitchell who already got blasted in the face and still got him down. He's really good offensively, but he also gets hit more than any other champ but Dricus, and even that's only because the Strickland fight hiked his numbers so much.

Rogan was a much better commentator in his earlier days, really appreciated his background knowledge being shared. He seemed much more objective in calling the fights. Now when describing the action he shows blatant favoritism, for example yelling out "He's hurt He's hurt" to hype his preferred fighter's shots when they don't even connect. He stays quiet or rambles incoherently to distract fans when the chosen fighter doesn't have the advantage. Sure do miss the old Joe.

theres no such thing as a fighter with no known weaknesses
i may be wrong
but the closest we have is

jon jones

Back