Ian Garry didn't Win / Geoff Neal Failed

Neal’s constant clinching was an atrocious tactical decision. He lost fair and square, Garry just did more. I was always frustrated by Neal, like he us always held back by some invisible force.

That's exactly how I felt — Geoff Neal was held back by his own absolute stupidity.

He could've won that, easily.

Folks, let's be real.

This wasn't even "a fight."

Ian Machado Garry ran, and avoided the fight, mostly.
Anytime Neal landed something good, Gary wanted to "glove touch" 😄😏
It was an embarassment. Neal should never have complied with these "fear-based butt-kisses."

All Neal had to do was scramble after Garry, never let up, and make this a dogfight.
Neal had several moments where he hurt Garry ... but always let him off the hook.

Instead, Neal wanted to "spar" and "be freinds" ....

Watch the fight 1000x, every time Neal clipped Garry, instead of lighting his ass off, and going for a finish, Geoff would inexplicably "clinch" Ian, negating all of the momentum and damage he had done.

This was the stupidest, most frustrating fight of 2024.

Will never watch it again, will never pay to see either fighter again.
Nah Neal lost clean, he couldn’t deal with Garry’s reach and he never “hurt” him. All Neal did was try to wall and stall.

Neal reminds me of Uriah Hall in that he really seems like he doesn't want to hurt his opponent out there. Maybe go be a coach or something? Heart doesn't seem to be in it - nothing wrong with that at all btw but it doesn't really seem like the best mindset in a cage fight
lol what? The dude has tried to finish everyone he’s faced. He’s just not elite, he’s a solid gatekeeper

Not only that, Garry would offer "the white-flag" of a glove-touch, and Neal would always accept that shit.

If Neal was worth a damn, he would have recognized this as fear, and put on even more pressure.

But he was willing to keep this "a sparring match," and got the LOSS his lack of intensity deserved.
Garry was the one trying to stand and trade, Neal wanted to wall n stall

It was a bad performance by Geoff, that's for sure. His best chance to win was to pressure and blitz forward with combos. Whenever he did that he landed good shots, and you could tell how umcorfortable it made Ian, but he simply didn't do it enough. Instead he waddled around and initiated those pointless clinches. A headscratcher of a performance.
He couldn’t deal with Garry’s reach and distance

Neal reminds me of Uriah Hall in that he really seems like he doesn't want to hurt his opponent out there. Maybe go be a coach or something? Heart doesn't seem to be in it - nothing wrong with that at all btw but it doesn't really seem like the best mindset in a cage fight
Tell that to Vicente Luque and Mike Perry

Neal’s constant clinching was an atrocious tactical decision. He lost fair and square, Garry just did more. I was always frustrated by Neal, like he us always held back by some invisible force.
The invisible force for both pitiful performers could not have been estrogen.

The women fought stronger than either of those pitiful two did.​

Ya that was a weird dynamic. Where was Geoff’s ferocity? He didn’t give him the fight he could have. That felt like a calorie free, light and fluffy fight. A lot of distance. Too much distance. And when there wasn’t, there was too much clinching. I didn’t find it exciting to watch.

Garry looked better than Shavkat did. He's being undersold as a contender just for dating an older woman.
Not just dating, Sherbro! Marrying and having a child with one. She's also his manager!

Geoff Neal failed us all. His coaches, training partners, family and friends. If he has any friends anymore… cause he certainly isn’t my friend. None of my friends would ever wall and stall like that.

Back