Ian Garry thinks he's intelligent, but against the top WW fighters you'll need some killer instinct

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is my opinion. He kinda thinks he's better than he actually is due to getting rewarded by the judges for his tentative style. Which he absolutely could have deserved but still.

I took him to the third and final round to get comfortable and look like the better striker which he's been so sure of being. Could actually have backfired with other judges imo.

First round: Neal threw 28 times and landed 18 significant strikes. Garry 40 times and only landed 20 significant. Neal was looking like the more controlling guy for sure.

Second round: Very even. Neal with 41 attempts and landing 17 significant ones. Garry had 51 and only 23 of those were a significant strike. I'd say Neal still pushed for more action and plausibly took it by aggression.

Good third round for Ian though, so it felt like he probably would have won in a fiver rounder. The question remains though, is this gonna be enough for the top 5?

He's still several wins away from fighting the top 5 contenders...

Very off-putting

He ain't no machida or even adesanya

I foresee a future where he fights for the title and loses a decision where he simply didn't do enough and he will cry about it

Not sure who would do less in a fight between him and Leon tho..........

No you don't lol. Leon doesn't have a killer instinct. Belal doesn't have a killer instinct.
They are underrated as wrestlers though, and have that element in their game for when it may be needed.

I don't see him beating them at this stage, but who knows.

He'll drop a decision to the first guy who shows some fight IQ. Neal could've won if he wasn't occupied with touching gloves and feeling good about himself for dodging a punch.

Let’s be honest… just like other industry plants O’Malley, Paddy, etc. there was no way Ian Garry was losing that decision. The controversial decisions always seem to favor their own.

Not impressed by what I saw, he’s clearly a very limited one dimensional fighter with a weak frame and a questionable chin. Give him another fringe top 10 guy.

He saw how bad Colby looked against Leon and straight away thought, that's the guy I need to call out.

Back