*IF* Alex Pereira fights at heavyweight in 3 weeks in Brazil, who should it be against?

It won’t happen but if he did, it should just be a non ranked HW in a squash match just for fun.

I want to see him KO Gane. I think that's a very winnable fight for Pereira.

Gane's only been beat with grappling to this point. Yeah Pereira is the credentialed kickboxer but Gane does have great control of the range & a better chin, he could probably eat Pereira's shots.

I doubt UFC will want him fighting at HW any time soon but they'd be better off putting him in with a lesser opponent like Spivak or Rozenstruik.

It's not like the UFC is going to give Alex a fight at HW right now anyway. He's too valuable at 205 and still hasn't peaked. Not to mention why would they risk him getting KO'ed now when they can build toward a fight with Aspinall or Gane later on down the line? Possibly even Jon if he plans on sticking around. I can't see Dana even etertaining the idea of him moving up until the Jon/Aspinall and Stipe shit is sorted out first.

Yeah people are just caught up in the idea of him KO'ing a top heavyweight. If someone like Rozenstruik knocked him out (regardless of how unlikely some may think it is) people would change their tune real fast & question why UFC made such a risky & unnecessary fight for him.

Yeah people are just caught up in the idea of him KO'ing a top heavyweight. If someone like Rozenstruik knocked him out (regardless of how unlikely some may think it is) people would change their tune real fast & question why UFC made such a risky & unnecessary fight for him.
He has no history of fighting at HW and we don't even know if his chin will hold up there yet or if his power will carry over. I don't think he should consider HW unless he properly prepares like Jon.

I don’t think the UFC lets it happen. You don’t want to give him a big name because you want time to promote that and not throw it together a couple of weeks before. And then giving him a lesser opponent only serves as an unnecessary risk to your valuable asset. Little incentive for the promotion to do this.

He has 2 broken toes dosent he?

Blaydes. Blaydes could use a signature win over a name before he obliterates Aspinall again.

It will not happen and it shouldn't happen. But if i had to pick someone, any just bleed guy at top 10 is good for me.

I'd go the other way and see if a current MW would take a short notice LHW fight so they don't have to cut weight. Izzy 3, Strickland, Whittaker could be fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back