If Bones decimates Cormier then Rumble is he the official GOAT?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
forget about the hw stuff for a minute, will it finally cement jon as the greatest ever by rematching and defeating the clear #2 and then Rumble the scariest contender ever.

If he does this then he'll have 'Connored' the division.

He already is.

8 years in undefeated, let that sink in, Aldo, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Conor, Hughes, BJ, Randy, Nog, Hendo all lost in their first 8 years, UFC LHW Champ, record for most defenses in that division, wins over DC, Gus, Glover, Vitor, Chael, Shogun, Bader, Machida, Rampage, Rashad.

No one compares, the only person who could beat Jon Jones is Jon Jones himself.

He's already goat.

I'd like to see him face DC and Rumble for sure b4 he goes HW... hopefully Gus as well

Fedor and Tyson in their prime. Hands down.
Who knows what the future holds.

NND2OIO.gif

He already is the goat, plain and simple.

ummmm....no. And it's not close. A few more years and a lot more fights, then we'll see.

He's the goat already TS.

Beating DC will just add to it.

im a fedor fan and I pretty much idolize the man but I have been saying for the last year or two that Bones is the Goat. he is just so much better than everyone else and has beaten such a list of legends and killers. Its hard to root for him I get that, but im a fan and i am willing to give him a second chance and still root for him. The only thing I think Fedor has over him is that fedor did ONE sneaky thing in whole career when he grabbed the ropes against Lindland, on the other hand I think that Bones fights dirty at times and uses moves that are not in the spirit of prize fighting like kicking knee caps and swiping eyes.

He already is.

Jones is the best fighter we've seen but because of his size people are always going to wonder about him as a hw. Fighting and being successful at hw will be the only way he can silent all doubt and cement himself as the greatest fighter ever in the sport

Conor hasn't cleared out his division... and hasn't been dominant even close to long enough for it to be referred as that.

He already is.

8 years in undefeated, let that sink in, Aldo, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Conor, Hughes, BJ, Randy, Nog, Hendo all lost in their first 8 years, UFC LHW Champ, record for most defenses in that division, wins over DC, Gus, Glover, Vitor, Chael, Shogun, Bader, Machida, Rampage, Rashad.

Fedor's loss is like Jones' loss, both should have been NCs

He already is.

Nope, he is not. Fedor is.

Your argument is wrong, btw. Fedor went first 10 years undefeated, because if Hamill loss doesnt count for Jones then Koshaka loss cant count for Fedor + the longest lay off Fedor ever had during that time was around 10 months, in 33 fights.

he wouldve northcutted the whole operation there.

Nope, he is not. Fedor is.

Your argument is wrong, btw. Fedor went first 10 years undefeated, because if Hamill loss doesnt count for Jones then Koshaka loss cant count for Fedor + the longest lay off Fedor ever had during that time was around 10 month, in 33 fights.
Fedor fought in a corrupt organization and got beat up once he came to the states. Sick of all the Fedor worship when pride was bullshit

Werdum said Jones is a heavyweight fighting at light heavyweight.
I agree.
So to be GOAT, Jones will have to go to HW and dominate.

The difference is, LHW has been comparitively deep in comparison to FW. In title fights, he'd have beat Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Sonnen, Belfort, (a few I'm forgetting), Cormier, Comier again, and finally Johnson.

He would have Jonesed the divison.

Fedor fought in a corrupt organization and got beat up once he came to the states. Sick of all the Fedor worship when pride was bullshit
Fedor fought in the states way before he came to Afflcation. And even in Affliction he dominated. He lost when he got old and complacent.

Back