If Cejudo avenges his loss against Benavidez, will he be the flyweight GOAT?

because you yourself said it was a superfight dimwit. If its a superfight, shouldn't fighters get more?

It's funny how on Sherdog, if Conor wants more money, or Nate, its ok they deserve it. If MM asks for more money, he's ducking.

Why on earth would DJ take a fight that the UFC is going to sell as a champ vs champ superfight for no difference in pay? Simply to please you? Who's to say TJ would have 100% made the weight then? DJ asking for a guaranteed pay isn't the problem. It's the UFC not paying them because they are cheap.

Again, LOL at even suggesting MM was ducking a guy who fights in a division where DJ has spent more than half his career at. He's literally fought (and beat) guys that have beaten TJ, but somehow, he's magically afraid of him.

Do you know how stupid you have to be to believe this to be true?
Is there any proof every super fight sells well? Perfect example is Nunes Cyborg just recently. The UFC was so afraid of that super fight headlining the card they moved the entire event to keep Jones and Gus as the top billing. You seem bitter that Henry did what DJ refused to, shouldn't you be celebrating that your boy has moved to a inferior organization? I don't get it you should be thrilled, he'll get his millions now fighting cans that you seem to think he deserves. You realize there's a mechanism for fighters who fail to make weight right? Why was that such an issue? MM could have taken a slice of TJ's purse or even potentially have called off the fight entirely if TJ failed to make weight. I wonder if its pointless continuing this discussion as you can't seemingly admit any fault on DJ's part. I'll freely admit the UFC underpays its fighters universally, including DJ while he was on the roster. Can you least admit DJ demanded a payday he knew the UFC wouldn't give him? Or are you simply going to continue being obtuse.

Absolutely agree Cejudo would need to go on a helluva tear to get near GOAT 125 status, however should Cejudo move up and win the 135 belt perhaps while simultaneously holding the 125 pound belt, provided the UFC doesn't shutter the division, it would put a stain against DJ's legacy and any claims that he's deserving to be in the P4P Goat conversation.
Fair enough.
Bums me out that DJ went out like that. Having fought at 135 for a long time you would think it wouldn’t have been something he feared.

Is there any proof every super fight sells well? Perfect example is Nunes Cyborg just recently. The UFC was so afraid of that super fight headlining the card they moved the entire event to keep Jones and Gus as the top billing. You seem bitter that Henry did what DJ refused to, shouldn't you be celebrating that your boy has moved to a inferior organization? I don't get it you should be thrilled, he'll get his millions now fighting cans that you seem to think he deserves. You realize there's a mechanism for fighters who fail to make weight right? Why was that such an issue? MM could have taken a slice of TJ's purse or even potentially have called off the fight entirely if TJ failed to make weight. I wonder if its pointless continuing this discussion as you can't seemingly admit any fault on DJ's part. I'll freely admit the UFC underpays its fighters universally, including DJ while he was on the roster. Can you least admit DJ demanded a payday he knew the UFC wouldn't give him? Or are you simply going to continue being obtuse.

Lol this post is full of such moronic shit, DJ asked for a payday that he felt he deserved.

You’re the one claiming he’d have gotten a huge payday for the superfight, well, DC vs Stipe didn’t know #s, Nunes vs Cyborg literally only sold because Jon was on the card. Nobody was buying that PPV for Nunes vs Cyborg as evidenced by cards headlined by them that don’t involve A list stars in the UFC. There is no guarantee that giving him PPV points would have garnered him much more than he was currently making fighting guys who fight in his division.

TJ making weight wasn’t a guarantee and DJ asking for FULL compensation if TJ didn’t make weight isn’t an unreasonable request. He has more title defenses than anyone in the UFC’s history, the UFC is looking to put that fight together, not DJ. DJ was fine fighting contenders in his own division, something TJ should focus on considering he hasn’t ever defended his belt worth a shit besides Cody 1x.

Again, its funny when you idiots say its cool for Conor or Nate or fighters like that to hold out for the big paydays, but when a guy like MM asks for more money than he currently makes for a “superfight”, he’s pricing himself out and ducking TJ.

Again, do you understand how fucking stupid you have to be to assume DJ was ducking Dillashaw, a 135 lb fighter, when MM has spent half of his career at that weight with a very good record, while facing guys that have BEAT TJ?

I’m done responding, its getting old. You idiots can’t be convinced so its really pointless.

Lol this post is full of such moronic shit, DJ asked for a payday that he felt he deserved.

You’re the one claiming he’d have gotten a huge payday for the superfight, well, DC vs Stipe didn’t know #s, Nunes vs Cyborg literally only sold because Jon was on the card. Nobody was buying that PPV for Nunes vs Cyborg as evidenced by cards headlined by them that don’t involve A list stars in the UFC. There is no guarantee that giving him PPV points would have garnered him much more than he was currently making fighting guys who fight in his division.

TJ making weight wasn’t a guarantee and DJ asking for FULL compensation if TJ didn’t make weight isn’t an unreasonable request. He has more title defenses than anyone in the UFC’s history, the UFC is looking to put that fight together, not DJ. DJ was fine fighting contenders in his own division, something TJ should focus on considering he hasn’t ever defended his belt worth a shit besides Cody 1x.

Again, its funny when you idiots say its cool for Conor or Nate or fighters like that to hold out for the big paydays, but when a guy like MM asks for more money than he currently makes for a “superfight”, he’s pricing himself out and ducking TJ.

Again, do you understand how fucking stupid you have to be to assume DJ was ducking Dillashaw, a 135 lb fighter, when MM has spent half of his career at that weight with a very good record, while facing guys that have BEAT TJ?

I’m done responding, its getting old. You idiots can’t be convinced so its really pointless.
Hah again you failed to answer my central question and comparing Conor and MM really? You can't be that dense to think Conor asking for more money is the same as MM. Conor is the biggest draw in PPV history. MM from a PPV perspective stunk up the place. One Conor PPV had more buys than MM's entire career. Yes he spent half his career there when 125 wasn't an option. Once it was despite being competitive at 135 he never showed any inclination for a rematch with Cruz nor seriously entertained the fight with Dillashaw hence asking for a ridiculous amount of money. I've already responded to the weight issue so I'll assume your silent acquiescence to that point. Why on earth should he be afforded full compensation? As for the money he would have been guaranteed the largest payday of his career that's for certain, just not millions. By any financial metric DJ didn't and doesn't deserve 1 million plus guaranteed show money. You seem to be mad he was never a draw, even you have to be smart enough to realize you can't exclusively blame the UFC for that.

Fair enough.
Bums me out that DJ went out like that. Having fought at 135 for a long time you would think it wouldn’t have been something he feared.
You would think wouldn't you. Makes it look an even worse decision in hindsight considering the beating TJ took. I think he was looking for the exit and asking for a ridiculous amount to fight TJ was his way of ensuring a quicker exit otherwise he could have been held to his contract as a UFC champ should he have gotten past Cejudo which was a razor thin decision. He got his wish and more money in ONE, he'll fight cans for millions, smart business move, just not a great one for his long term legacy. Can't say I was a a massive Cejudo fan beforehand but the guys willingness to put it on the line coupled with the saltiness of TJ after his loss has made me one. Run Cejudo and Dillashaw back at 135 and lets hope we get a new double champ.

No. He is 0-2 vs DJ. Idc what anyone says u won’t change my mind :D

If you have JJ you have to have Anderson Silva. I’d add Fedor as well and why are you ranking dj higher than Aldo?
Ye, to be fair, id have Silva and Aldo in the top five but these are my top three.

I was referencing UFC list, Defoe doesn't UFC bro... I don't know enough about every mma promotion to do cross platform lists.

jb didnt beat henry he got robbed kinda ironic.

Ye, to be fair, id have Silva and Aldo in the top five but these are my top three.

I was referencing UFC list, Defoe doesn't UFC bro... I don't know enough about every mma promotion to do cross platform lists.
If it's just UFC, where's DC?

I can't see why he would be, given that he is 1-1 against DJ (with his win being a split), and then would be 1-1 with Joe B. Henry is an excellent fighter but there's a big difference in resume between him and DJ to be made up.

This. People are so Johnny Comelately when it comes to "Goats". Cejudo isn't even close

Not even close.

Cejudo will have a great career and beating TJ was an amazing victory BUT dj is the division's goat and it's not even close.

Absolutely not. He got TKOd in their first fight and eked out imo a questionable decision in their second fight. He also has one title defense while MM has 11 (iirc).

Back