If Derrick Lewis somehow captures the belt

Yung Goku

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
and Jon Jones moves up to immediately challenge him for the title, would you give him credit for that if he wins? Would it be better or worse than GSP beating Bisping?

I always give credit if a fighter is clean. Not all credit is equal.

derrick winning the belt is about a good a chance as ronda coming back and winning the belt..........................

You're going to compare Lewis to bisping? ... really?

derrick winning the belt
LMAO..... thank you for saying that. I love that dude and he cracks me up, but there's a zero chance. All I think of when I hear his name is:redirect-7866-1024x1024.jpg

Attachments

• redirect-7866-1024x1024.jpg
    redirect-7866-1024x1024.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1
About even. Cherry picked fights to win a title in a higher weight class is not impressive

Man fuck all of you joking about Lewis.

He was on like a 7 fight win streak? Fought for the belt and won 3 in a row since then.

Fuck off. How abou you go fight him and laugh about it. He isnt a joke. Hes legit top 5 and hes really fuckin good. You will see if Ngannou fights him again. hes better

How is Lewis going to win the belt? He behind DC, Ngannou, Blades...the division is weaker than Jones' dick but come on.

He was on like a 7 fight win streak? Fought for the belt and won 3 in a row since then.

Fuck off. How abou you go fight him and laugh about it. He isnt a joke. Hes legit top 5 and hes really fuckin good. You will see if Ngannou fights him again. hes better

I agree Derrick is better than he gets credit for, but at the same time the HW division is extremely weak right now. Also he lost to JDS, I'm not sure where the 3 in a row is coming from.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow wins it by a fluke, considering his KO power but he also did beat Ngannou as well. He's the type to lose the belt on his first title defense but HW being as bad and volatile as a division as it is isn't impossible for him to win it.

Lewis has the most impressive win streak-while looking terrible I have ever seen.

and Jon Jones moves up to immediately challenge him for the title, would you give him credit for that if he wins? Would it be better or worse than GSP beating Bisping?

Depends how Lewis wins the belt. If Lewis beats Stipe or DC, then he is the legitimate champion.

As for Bisping, he won the belt, fair and square. On 10 days notice. GSP challenged the linear champion and won. Just as Conor did to Eddie Alvarez.

would be better than GSP, if Jon wasn't known for being a juicer.

Jon is dealing with a bigger size difference. we all know heavyweights in general can shut pretty much anyone off in 1 punch, even with terrible technique, and Lewis has massive power for a heavyweight. he also carries this power late into the fight. Lewis is a much more dangerous fight for Jon than Bisping was for GSP.

so all things considered (steroids), i'd say it's about even.

In the Arizona Cardinals went 9-7 in the regular season (barely a winning season), but made it to the 2009 Superbowl, where they lost to the Steelers -- ie a very average team making it to the Superbowl. Do you give the Steelers credit for beating an average team, or do you consider that not a real Superbowl win for the Steelers?

If Lewis has enough good days to win the HW title, and then Jones beats him, then Jones will be the HW champ, just like the Steelers were Superbowl champs despite only beating a 9-7 regular season team for the title.

Sometimes in sports teams or individuals have good days at the right time (the 2008 Cardinals, Bisping beating Rockhold), and get to the championship despite not being one of the two best. The team or individual that beats them is still considered to be a champ. Not necessarily one of the great champions, but a champion all the same.

The real farce in GSP vs Bisping was that GSP (who hadn't fought in four years) was given a title shot in the first place (he hadn't earned a title shot at any weight at that point, not at MW, not at WW) -- no real sport would do that. But once the UFC agreed to that travesty, GSP winning it was a legit win.

Last edited:
Jones would never willingly fight Lewis IMO. So a moot point.

Derrick is cool hus only path to the title imo is a non title Jones fight and straight to belt.

I don't think he can beat enough top lws to earn it

Back