If Jones loses at Heavyweight

Doubt it.

One fight against a cherry picked oppoentn doesn't count as success in multiple weight classes and btw multiple means more than 2.

Jon is the man. To be the GOAT you need to have success at multiple weight classes. The only time I criticize Jon is for his out the ring behavior. I'm also a big Conor fan but I also hold him accountable for his behavior.

Khabib and GSP are obviously the greater champions but people credit Jon as being the greater fighter...
There is a good case for GSP, but Khabib? Jones has more than three times as many title defenses as Khabib.

Is he pegged down from the “Greatest Of All Time” moniker? Will people credit him for taking the risk but coming up short and not care? Khabib and GSP are obviously the greater champions but people credit Jon as being the greater fighter... If he loses by knockout rather than decision will he be memed into oblivion by Adesanya and co.?
I honestly can't see him beating Stipe or Ngananou. Or even Kurtis and Volkov.

Jon is the man. To be the GOAT you need to have success at multiple weight classes. The only time I criticize Jon is for his out the ring behavior. I'm also a big Conor fan but I also hold him accountable for his behavior.
Conor skipped an entire division to fight Alvarez and is no where near goat.

The reason Jon is the goat over GSP and Khabib is Jon would kill them both easily in the cage.

How can the little guy be the greatest fighter ever when weight classes exist purely to let them compete?

This is no diss to the GSP's or Khabibs of the world, they are great fighters but to consider them greater then Jon or Stipe or D.C. is crazy to me.

That being said I really don't think Jon is going to lose. He knows he can seal his fate as the greatest ever if he grabs that HW strap and defends it once. Sprinkle in a superfight win over Izzy and he rides off into the sunset to live the goat life..... Jon is going put it all on the line ;) and get the job done.

when jones beat gus in the rematch, that made their first fight, totally mute...it no longer exists...cause jones proved with proper training, he can easily beat gus.
Yeah but there are a lot of assumptions involved in that narrative making it true or not true. The facts we saw before our eyes were the 2 fights.

Jones could and probably should have lost one or two of his fights; he has been given two gifts. And that is without getting into the cheating issue.

I'm going to have my "Jones should retire" thread queued up and ready to post as soon as he loses.

<JonesLaugh>

Yeah but there are a lot of assumptions involved in that narrative making it true or not true. The facts we saw before our eyes were the 2 fights.

Jones could and probably should have lost one or two of his fights; he has been given two gifts. And that is without getting into the cheating issue.

many champions and fighters have gotten gifts. it's how the judging is. floyd mayweather for example has gotten a couple of gifts. and jones has also.

Their opinions are irrelevant and they are dumb

from what I remember of that fight, is khabib constantly going for takedowns, but unable to get one...they were fairly even on the feet. one could say that khabib was the aggressor throughout the fight though.

Back