If Jones loses to Stipe

What about Cardio Cain, Reem, and Big Nog? The output and number that the latter two put up definetely dwarfs Stipe's. Cain's peak is more impressive and scary than Stipe's imo. But yeah, I can understand him being 2nd to just Fedor as well.
Cain's problem is that he didnt have a long reign and not a huge variance of opponents. he's fucking awesome - no disrespect, I love Cain. but i feel like if he didnt get injured from taining so hard so often he wouldve been much greater. he's lower than Stipe on the GOAT scale.
Reem is an all time great but he has way too many losses to inferior competition for me to consider him a GOAT. also he got KO'd by Stipe.
Big Nog lost to Fedor and Cain so i dont really put him up at the top of HW GOATs. he's obviously incredibly good and i put him above Reem. i think he wouldve beaten Lesnar if the UFC actually had the balls to book that fight back in the day when Big Nog was interim champ, obviously they didnt for good reason.

Stipe's in the top 3 solidly i think. where you have him is really a matter of opinion. if he beats Jon Jones, Stipe has a real argument for the best MMA HW ever.

Jones would be beat DC at Super HW, just the way it is. Stipe has a shot to beat Jones and if he does Stipe will be considered one of the greats. If Jones takes it that just makes his resume that much better.

Cain's problem is that he didnt have a long reign and not a huge variance of opponents. he's fucking awesome - no disrespect, I love Cain. but i feel like if he didnt get injured from taining so hard so often he wouldve been much greater. he's lower than Stipe on the GOAT scale.
Reem is an all time great but he has way too many losses to inferior competition for me to consider him a GOAT. also he got KO'd by Stipe.
Big Nog lost to Fedor and Cain so i dont really put him up at the top of HW GOATs. he's obviously incredibly good and i put him above Reem. i think he wouldve beaten Lesnar if the UFC actually had the balls to book that fight back in the day when Big Nog was interim champ, obviously they didnt for good reason.

Stipe's in the top 3 solidly i think. where you have him is really a matter of opinion. if he beats Jon Jones, Stipe has a real argument for the best MMA HW ever.
Thats fair. I agree if he somehow beat Jones, he catapults himself into the genuine goat arguement.

Thats fair. I agree if he somehow beat Jones, he catapults himself into the genuine goat arguement.
its a shame we never got to see Stipe vs Cain, vs Fedor, vs Lesnar, vs Big Nog etc etc etc. so many good fights - what couldve been?
all we can do is fantasize.

its a shame we never got to see Stipe vs Cain, vs Fedor, vs Lesnar, vs Big Nog etc etc etc. so many good fights - what couldve been?
all we can do is fantasize.
right, dana fumbled fedor vs. lesnar soo bad. but it is what it is. we are in such a shallow phase of hw now.

Stipe has 4 title defenses, dawg. Ain't nobody calling stipe the goat of mma. he's not even the HW GOAT, I could name a few that I'd slide above him.
Literally four years ago everyone on here was either calling him the HW goat or the UFC HW goat.

Then he'd be losing to a 41 year old who's been inactive for 3 years

Styles make fights, and i think Blaydes would be a bad matchup for Jones.
he definitely could be a bad match. however, since Jones is faster i could see him catching Blaydes coming in and TKO-ing him. would be a great fight

Stipe has 4 title defenses, dawg. Ain't nobody calling stipe the goat of mma. he's not even the HW GOAT, I could name a few that I'd slide above him.
So with wins over Roy nelson, gonzaga, hunt, Arlovski, werdum, jds, overeem, ngannou, dc, and dc again, with wins over 3 of the people who beat him you can still name multiple people over him in the heavyweight all time? You’re delusional

that or a well timed knee. Jones has never had the most powerful hands.
I can't think of one fight he won with a single punch.
He lost one in a single punch with Matt Hamill.

Stipe isn't beating Jones. This is just Stipes cash out fight

I can't really imagine putting anyone above Stipe aside from Fedor and possibly Big Nog, which is debatable. I would have Stipe #2 HW all time.

I'd put Fedor, Nog and Werdum ahead of Stipe all time.

You could also argue DC and JDS should he ahead of Stipe too.

Stipe's resume is great on paper but he never beat an all time great at their peak.

Stipe is a top 5-7 HW of all time in my eyes and there's no shame in that but the other guys have wins over all time greats in their prime.

I hate this fight and all the mess it has caused in delaying the flow of the division. Stipe is old as hell, coming off of a KO loss, and hasn't fought in forever. It all seems so pointless. Jon winning is nearly a forgone conclusion, and proves little to nothing in the current landscape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeKa
Back