If Jones was asking 30 millions to fight Miocic, how much is he gonna ask to fight Ngannou?

jones will choke out francis and make him tap

no way can francis last more then 3 rounds with jones before his sand mind lungs kick in and hes left basically gas out to the point he doesnt want to fight anymore

jones defense is too good
Pictured: good striking defense

russellufcpunch.jpg

So would you just move up a weight class and fight a machine like Ngannou thats weighs in for fights at 60lbs heavier for just standard pay? great incentive.

obviously not, but would you price yourself out of a fight IF you really wanted it? Jon has admitted he'd settle for $15m. that's like triple what he usually makes.

he gained all this weight and did all this preparation without even having inked a deal? seems like he either was counting his eggs before they hatched or he's putting on a show so he can blame the UFC on why he didn't move to HW.

Remember Dana White said that Jones was asking for 30 millions to fight the heavyweight fighter at the moment that was Stipe Miocic.

So how much do you think he is gonna ask to fight Ngannou who is even more scarier?

He's probably gonna ask for more lol then he's not gonna fight.

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought Dana said Jones was asking for Deontay Wilder money when Wilder fought Fury the second time. Jones came out and said that was not true. Furthermore, this all happened when Dana offered Jones a fight with Ngannou, not Stipe.

I actually thought Jones and Dana were past this and already figured it out. I remember Jones was threatening retirement recently over money stuff and I assumed they had reached an agreement once he began his moving up weight gaining process

I thought Dana said Jones was asking for Deontay Wilder money when Wilder fought Fury the second time. Jones came out and said that was not true. Furthermore, this all happened when Dana offered Jones a fight with Ngannou, not Stipe.

Jon said it wasn't true but also said he'd settle for half of what Deontay made, which is around $15m.

I actually thought Jones and Dana were past this and already figured it out. I remember Jones was threatening retirement recently over money stuff and I assumed they had reached an agreement once he began his moving up weight gaining process

this is why i don't believe what Jon is doing right now. he did all this preparation without reaching an agreement on money? sounds like bad business ...or a lie.

That's EXACTLY what Dana said. He even claimed to have texts from Jon that proved as much.

Dana was unusually quiet when Jon called his bluff & gave him permission to release the texts.

Jones was never a huge draw. Compound that with him missing chunks of time over the last 10 years. He really ain’t in a position to demand Conor money. He deserves a big pay day, but he ain’t the draw that others are.

Remember Dana White said that Jones was asking for 30 millions to fight the heavyweight fighter at the moment that was Stipe Miocic.

So, basically you're saying that we have no idea of what Jones was actually asking, since Dana has a long and documented history of making wild bullshit claims about what fighters are asking or demanding, or what he actually offered them.

And how much of the Dana-math demand number is his extrapolation of a Jones demand for a PPV%?

If that's mostly PPV%, then who cares if it winds up being a lot? It only gets to be a huge number if the UFC's cut is that much bigger, if Jones is asking for PPV share.

This is the biggest fight the UFC can currently make. It's smart of Jon to ask for more money because he'll probably get it. UFC isn't going to turn down Jones vs Ngannou. They will make that fight.

I agree. No one really wants to see Lewis Ngannou 2 given how shit the first one was.

Jones was never a huge draw. Compound that with him missing chunks of time over the last 10 years. He really ain’t in a position to demand Conor money. He deserves a big pay day, but he ain’t the draw that others are.

He's not a huge draw but he is consistently one of the highest drawing fighters in the UFC outside of people like McGregor, Rousey and Lesnar.

He’ll ask for $5 billion. As high as possible to make sure Dana doesn’t give in and he’s left holding the bag into low earth orbit

obviously not, but would you price yourself out of a fight IF you really wanted it? Jon has admitted he'd settle for $15m. that's like triple what he usually makes.

he gained all this weight and did all this preparation without even having inked a deal? seems like he either was counting his eggs before they hatched or he's putting on a show so he can blame the UFC on why he didn't move to HW.

Whats Conors going rate?

Dana will say anything to make himself look good and the fighter look bad. Based on how big of a fight it would be, maybe July 4th event, they should be fine paying both of them 2 million for that 1 fight.

he should understand the risk reward situation for the UFC then. Jon is not a dependable employee from the UFC's point of view. pay him more money for what? they've already bent over backwards for him many times. moving events to different states just days before the event, getting USADA exemptions, never punishing him for his out of the ring legal problems, getting passes for drug offences and who knows what else.
And yet the UFC has turned a massive profit on every one of Jones' fight.

30 Million Plus PPV points. That's fair. Picograms or no picograms, the man is technically undefeated. Pay the man, we all want this fight. Don't screw it up you bald goof!

Back