If Kattar beats Holloway, how surprised would you be?

This seems like a prime time match up.

Kattar is the underdog here but as I think about it, I feel like it can go either way...

No idea who will win but I expect it to be pretty competitive..

Kattar is a WW fighting at FW and hits hard. He can definitely win this. Rooting for Max, though!

Not surprised, Kattar has the better boxing and Power

This seems like a prime time match up.

Kattar is the underdog here but as I think about it, I feel like it can go either way...

No idea who will win but I expect it to be pretty competitive..
Mildly surprised, Max at his peak is better , but he has been in some wars against the best competition so that's bound to catch up I'd be worried about him looking Past Kattar who will be hungry to prove himself against one of the best.

Max wins this easily. No way Qutar wins this, he couldn't even finish Dan Igy

Not surprised, motherfuckers!

Not very. Don't get me wrong, I expect Max to win. But I've been a fan of this sport for long enough to realize that fighters peak at different ages. Fight mileage is real. Styles make fights. Max primarily wins with boxing and Kattar is an EXCELLENT MMA boxer.

Kattar winning shouldn't shock anyone.

Echoing the others, but not surprised at all. Both men are primarily boxers, and I expect this to play out as close to a boxing match as we see in mma anymore. On that front, Kattar has superior power, speed, and technique. Unless Holloway can overwhelm him with volume or seriously mix it up, I feel it's Kattar's fight to lose.

Echoing the others, but not surprised at all. Both men are primarily boxers, and I expect this to play out as close to a boxing match as we see in mma anymore. On that front, Kattar has superior power, speed, and technique. Unless Holloway can overwhelm him with volume or seriously mix it up, I feel it's Kattar's fight to lose.

I've seen a lot of interviews from Kattar's coach where he suggests that he believes Kattar also has a huge wrestling advantage. Most people are unaware that Kattar's base is actually wrestling, so if he throws in a few takedown attempts, that's just one more thing to keep Max guessing and will likely make max reluctant to throw kicks. The more I think about this match, the more I see it being a very tough fight for Max. I never count Max out, though.

I actually expect it. Holloway has been in terrific wars the last two years and doesn't look unbeatable like back when he defeated Aldo twice in a row. Holloway even though he's young and in his prime has a lot of damage accumulation his first decade as a fighter. We'll see.

Won’t be surprised if either dude wins honestly. Great matchup.

Quite surprised, Holloway never been TKO'ed if I'm not mistaken. You can UD'ed Holloway if you're more or less a volume striker (Poirier) or one that mixing things up/try to wrestle for 'point' if you think you are losing in the scorecard (Volkanovski)

also this
Max wins this easily. No way Qutar wins this, he couldn't even finish Dan Igy

I honestly think that Aldo was the only high level striker Max ever beat, and Aldo had the edge until he gassed, which seems to be a trend with Aldo lately. Kattar isn't 5'7 and he isn't going to gas in 7 minutes like Aldo did. I think regardless of what Max shows up, he's in for a tough fight.
Aldo vs Max 1 was 1-1 after two, and Aldo was beaten because Max figured him out, not because he gassed.

Aldo vs Max 2 was Max just toying with him the entire time before another brutal finish.

Prime Max would work Kattar, he is far too predictable and one-dimensional.

Aldo vs Max 1 was 1-1 after two, and Aldo was beaten because Max figured him out, not because he gassed.

Aldo vs Max 2 was Max just toying with him the entire time before another brutal finish.

Prime Max would work Kattar, he is far too predictable and one-dimensional.

Are you saying max is out of his prime now? And how is kattar more one dimensional than Max? What exactly does max do that kattar doesn't?

And considering I said Aldo gasses after seven minutes, it makes sense that max "figured him out" in round two. And max wasn't toying with him in the rematch, he was once again gladly losing round one while waiting for Aldo to slow down.

Last edited:
No i will not be surprised because this is MMA and anything can happen

Are you saying max is out of his prime now? And how is kattar more one dimensional than Max? What exactly does max do that kattar doesn't?

And considering I said Aldo gasses after seven minutes, it makes sense that max "figured him out" in round two. And max wasn't toying with him in the rematch, he was once again losing round one while waiting for Aldo to slow down.
Aldo didn't gas in their first fight, he had a good first round then Max made the appropriate reads before finishing him in the 3rd rd.

Max hasn't looked the same since Dustin bounced his head around; uncharacteristically timid and unwilling to exchange in the pocket.

Max is a better kicker, grappler, and clinch fighter than Kattar.

Aldo didn't gas in their first fight, he had a good first round then Max made the appropriate reads before finishing him in the 3rd rd.

Max hasn't looked the same since Dustin bounced his head around; uncharacteristically timid and unwilling to exchange in the pocket.

Max is a better kicker, grappler, and clinch fighter than Kattar.

Yeah. I disagree with everything you said, other than Max hasn't looked the same since the Dustin fight. Oh well, enjoy the fight mate

Not surprised. I'm picking him to win, although I do think it's realistically as close to a 50/50 fight as I can remember.
You think he can deal with Holloways kicks? Last time he fought a decent kicker he struggled hard even though Max's not that much of a kicker he's started to use it much more now Volkanovski 2 fight being a great example. If he can do that against Kattar I think he wins.

Not a lot.

But people would say that Max is past his prime and all of that...

Back