If Pride had a BMF belt who would have earned it ?

Literally all of that is completely irrelevant as to whether or not Wand actuallys WINS a BMF fight. The title is WON in a fight, not GIVEN to someone.

Neither you nor anybody else saying Wand have explained how you imagine he beats guys he could fight for it among his Pride competitors like:

Fedor (beats Wand)
Cro Cop (KO'd Wand)
Nog (probably beats Wand)
Shogun (was thought to be better)
Hendo (KO'd Wand)

Etc.

Who is Wand beating to actually win the title? It's probably not among those guys and those are some of the other obvious choices for a Pride BMF fight he could fight. Heck, even giving him fights like Igor or Sergei are tall orders. BMF fights have been among guys in the same weight class or within 1 of each other so that's who Wand has to beat to win one.

Wand may be the Axe Murderer, but he's simply not likely to actually win a Pride BMF title fight.

Ooooh I completely misunderstood you

I'd have Wandy in the match. Hard not to choose Mirko imho as the other. Maybe a 4 way GP with Fedor, Shogun, Wandy and Mirko.

The bmf belt seems to be for the most exciting fighter who can’t win the actual belt

Wanderlei won the real belt, so I think Sakuraba is the closest fit

Max seems to have bucked that trend since he previously held the real 145 belt, but he signed for the bmf fight while he was 0-3 against the current champ so it still feels like going for a consolation prize

The bmf belt seems to be for the most exciting fighter who can’t win the actual belt

Wanderlei won the real belt, so I think Sakuraba is the closest fit

Max seems to have bucked that trend since he previously held the real 145 belt, but he signed for the bmf fight while he was 0-3 against the current champ so it still feels like going for a consolation prize

I wouldn't know seeing as Islam wanted 6 weeks notice 35 year old Poirier instead of fighting one of his contenders like Max now was.

Surprised at the lack of support for Shogun. Won the most stacked MMA tournament ever at the age of 23 that included KOing Rampage in 1 RD, having a BMF brawl with Nog, and beating Overeem and Arona in the same night both via KO. Shogun also only ever had 1 decision win in PRIDE, the rest of his victories were via stoppage.

Prime wand embodied what being a real bmf is, a wild animal you wouldnt get into a bar fight against.

Wand liked playing predator

Reactions: HHJ
He's not the bmf he's the best eva...

Eva.

Or was until....you know...
People keep referring to Minowa but Baloni KO’d him twice if i recall correctly…

BMF-Baroni

Reactions: HHJ
Surprised at the lack of support for Shogun. Won the most stacked MMA tournament ever at the age of 23 that included KOing Rampage in 1 RD, having a BMF brawl with Nog, and beating Overeem and Arona in the same night both via KO. Shogun also only ever had 1 decision win in PRIDE, the rest of his victories were via stoppage.
Shogun and Henderson had two legendary FOTY fights in the UFC.

And nobody's mentioning it as an obvious BMF fight for Pride.

Prime wand embodied what being a real bmf is, a wild animal you wouldnt get into a bar fight against.

Wand liked playing predator
I remember the second fight w saku were wand was super roided. It reminded me of that black and white footage of dudes trying to wrestle a lion. Wanderlei was just a fucking berserker

Silva vs cro cop 1 felt like a BMF fight

tumblr_n09zoesrmh1t3gujjo1_400.gif

Akira Shoji was absolutely a bad motherfucker. For his resilience alone. Dude would be a current bantamweight or around, and fought big GOAT candidates and legends. He only ever weighed more than a soft 135lbs because his balls were humongous.

Pride was just the BMF promotion. From the productions to the matchups, everything was geared towards creating these "holy shit moments".

*edit*
Pride BMF title fights must be ended via *kicks or stomps to the head of a downed opponent*.
tumblr_mj4egvVay41ry1rm7o1_250.gif

That's a foul he held the ropes!

Back