If Rafael dos Anjos totally dominates Neil Magny, how legit is he as a contender at welterweight?

If he can get by Magny's tall ass, then he's good to go. The rest of the division is shallow & short enough to plow through (except for Maia and Condit, but it seems he's retired). Especially since not many guys have the heart he has.

One of the best yet most underrated fighters ever.

I like Magny, too, though, so this will be one of those kind of fights.

I really don't know how Neil Magny wins fights. HAHA

The guy just looks weak to me. I am not saying he is, I am saying he looks like it.

He isn't. Ragdolled Gastleum down for the first 3 rounds of their fight.

If he can get by Magny's tall ass, then he's good to go. The rest of the division is shallow & short enough to plow through (except for Maia and Condit, but it seems he's retired). Especially since not many guys have the heart he has.

One of the best yet most underrated fighters ever.

I like Magny, too, though, so this will be one of those kind of fights.
If he gets past Magny, I believe his biggest challenges in the division are Wonderboy, Lawler, Maia, Masvidal and obviously the champ.

I'd say he's a legit contender. Neil surprising beat a lot of top guys and has no quit.

Whoever wins this is as close to a title shot as anyone else given the lack of obvious contenders at present. This division will sort itself out over the next 6 months though while Woodley is out and become a lot clearer.

If he gets past Magny, I believe his biggest challenges in the division are Wonderboy, Lawler, Maia, Masvidal and obviously the champ.

So you believe his biggest challenges are the top 5 ranked fighters? Surprising.

i think hes too small for 170.

Love watching Dos Anjos fight but 170 is too big for him. One of them fighters that 160/165 is made for

Please bring Rory back so he can beat Tyron's ass. Can't see anyone in that division that'll give him big trouble at the mo

Big fan. But don't see him being a contender at 170.

There is a point where height & reach matter and you end up with a cat trying to fight a giraffe. And RDA at 5'8" is redlining that threshold. So Magny, Condit and Maia could just edge him out simply cause of their build, not skill.

Beyond them, though - the rest are winnable fights. Including the champ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalharts
Back