If UFC and WWE Are Merging, UFC Should Just Go Full Out And Get Omos

RiseAboveHat

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
OmoBro02--4083c8726d9ac46f02d4d6fe95ec6021.jpg

Makes Brock Lesnar look like a child. Would absolutely dominate the competition after 2 months of training UFC

Let's get the train rolling baby

The only good that can possibly come of this is a super HW/openweight division.

Imagine if Ngannou ends up in WWE and the Saku belt gets merged with the HW WWE title... Its a nightmare scenario not worth thinking about.

I don't know what a Omos is, but I already don't like it.

Is this place going to turn into a fake wrestling board?
This guy couldn't make weight so not UFC.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mm...-let-s-see-what-they-do-in-boxing/ar-AA19sqnz
WWE/UFC Sports Takeover? ‘Let’s See What They Do In Boxing’
“And let’s see what they do now in terms of boxing. Because obviously, that’s the one missing for them. But it’s a tough business."

"Maybe ... maybe they wanna stay in things they can control. Successful sports businesses have a huge amount of control,” he added. “They don’t own wrestling, but more or less they own wrestling. Mixed martial arts, they don’t own mixed martial arts, but of course ... more or less so. They have a huge control and domination within their sports. Boxing, it’s very difficult to do that, we know that.”
- Eddie Hearn

The real issue is that Omos is a terrible wrestler, not athletic. He had no aptitude for basketball either. In HW this might not hurt too much, but he would have to cut to the HW division weight limit and that would destroy him. Quite a few HW guys were much bigger and had to lose a lot of weight.

I see him as a Bob Sapp type, a slow slogging guy who might be able to learn a bull rush, and even be able to impose it with minimal enough aptitude to be dangerous. Then, once he eats 5-6 punches, he's done. I did like Hong Man Choi, his knees were vicious. I would love an Omos knee for KO on someone.

Remember Skyscraper Streuve? He was kinda thin, but so would Omos be after full weight cut. Add no TD defense or striking proficiency and he's toast.

The real issue is that Omos is a terrible wrestler, not athletic. He had no aptitude for basketball either. In HW this might not hurt too much, but he would have to cut to the HW division weight limit and that would destroy him. Quite a few HW guys were much bigger and had to lose a lot of weight.

I see him as a Bob Sapp type, a slow slogging guy who might be able to learn a bull rush, and even be able to impose it with minimal enough aptitude to be dangerous. Then, once he eats 5-6 punches, he's done. I did like Hong Man Choi, his knees were vicious. I would love an Omos knee for KO on someone.

Remember Skyscraper Streuve? He was kinda thin, but so would Omos be after full weight cut. Add no TD defense or striking proficiency and he's toast.
Dude is billed at >400lbs.

Granted, there's prob some fluff there, and I've seen other sites list him as low as 335, but either way I don't think he's cutting to HW limit in MMA.

Beyond that, anyone that's seen him in the ring knows it's just a bad idea, dude is not all that athletic (like you mentioned) and moves about as good as Nathan Jones lol.

Make a super HW division or no weight limit for old school nostalgia.

OmoBro02--4083c8726d9ac46f02d4d6fe95ec6021.jpg

Makes Brock Lesnar look like a child. Would absolutely dominate the competition after 2 months of training UFC

Let's get the train rolling baby

He can make 265 if he chops his legs off.

Back