Opinion If woke liberal Hollywood bothers you so much, you need to support the alternatives.

I dont want to say it bothers me, but when I'm watching a police drama and a guy gets shot while ignoring officers and reaching in his pocket for a cell phone and the police department on the show is talking about it being a bad shooting - I'm annoyed as hell and it's clearly an agenda.

Well then you know what you need to do. And what you need to do isn't bitching on a karate forum about it.

Left or Right is something that does'nt exist in nature
Are abstract bullshit concepts invented by people to have easier time manipulate other people

You are trying to project your own limits on me, i don't need a "Team" to know what i think about things

Politicians wants people to stop think with their own head and -successfully- sold a model where you have to buy a box, a bundle of ideas to stick with

Many different issues where you're supposed to think the same as others that picked same box
Imagine a test where you have 30 questions about very very different issues and you can answer A or B
Politics offered people to don't waste time and effort to fill it: two version of that test already printed full filled, one all A and one all B
It's unlikely without politics you (and thousands others) left free to chose will have exactly same view on that many issues, and still the pre-filled paper say you think all the same

Wich is bullshit, but best way to control people. When you know what people believe and want, you know what to promise them to manipulate masses. Synthesized in 2 giant options.

Current america is perfect incarnation of this, with A promising hippie paradise with free shit for all no police or prisons and B hinting straight time travel back to good old 50s when things were better and whiter

Neither options are realistic in 2021 america (i don't even care about fair or moral, even just doable), but is not important because as long people are dumb enough to buy one of the 2 boxes and invest themselves on that group of schematized bullshit to watch the world, they will be dumb enough to not realize it and vote the team.
Because is not about ideals or views, is about power. For power you need votes

Well, on reality for power you need money and allies. The true powerful ones are ever powerful and fine no matter if current government is A or B
If anything you have factions of powerful ones scheming against each other to gain upper hand on shit that interest them
But let's say votes buy order (or at least controlled chaos).
Because with votes and elections there's the semblance of democracy, and people are ok with it and keep work and pay taxes

If everybody think with his own head, you will have fuckton of different takes and win millions of votes with same identical bullshit promise become impossible

I could list stuff where i think left is best path, stuff where right is best path, stuff where both suck dicks... and i will do, if you ask to "proof" it, but wat's the point?

That's a lot of words to say that you get your politics from Joe Rogan.

"supporting the alternative" is contributing to the problem. How about we support institutions without political agendas? Political themes are fine, political agendas not so much...

That's a lot of words to say that you get your politics from Joe Rogan.
Never had to listen Rogan outside UFC context, and even there i don't particularly appreciate him

But thank you for more assuming shit, just further shows the mindset

Will not try to explain what is yellow to somebody that see world in white and black lol
<Fedor23>

These are all great american films, aside from that one dishonoring lincoln's face with that pompous reject

Why should I pick a decade :
Jurassic Park? Terminator 2? The Godfather? Fargo? Collateral?
Twelve Angry Men? Donnie Brasco? Citizen Kane?
My point is : there is no particular UNDERLINED political message in any of these films yet they were blockbusters and at least somewhat critically acclaimed.
The “en masse” absolute benchmark of stupidity we are encountering in the post-2012 Hollywood is a totally different story than ever before (only comparable example is maybe the 50’s even films from that era were not festering with ham-handed 1st degree politics)
The mega trend of moral posturing and virtue signaling and celebrities acting like they’re better than the rest of us by saying that they’re saving the world has certainly always been present in Hollywood but not like it is today, like it is all of a sudden the only true dogma that cuts through the production, casting and writing.
Twelve Angry Men has a scene that explicitly repudiates racial prejudice, and probably not unrelated to the fact that the movie takes place within the context of the criminal justice system, and Jurassic Park is a critique of capitalist commodification which in the movie is most obviously stated by Ian Malcolm during the lunch scene.

I am not saying that I entirely disagree but the problem isn't having a political message or undertone, the problem is that modern woke media feels much more like a reaction to the woke zeitgeist that is generated by the storm of the internet rather than a proactive, novel statement by the creatives behind the film. Instead of telling the audience something they hadn't thought about before, its just regurgitating what the audience already believes. Its a cowardly approach to cinema.

its just art and entertainment you say? so why add all political nonsense into the art and entertainment? if they were just art and entertainment no one would have a issue with it.

The Arts have almost always been mediums for social/political commentary, especially cinema.

Honestly though I think Hollywoods more cynical "woke" blockbusters really feed off of the partisan "culture war" climate, if they didnt get such an extreme reaction from some right wingers they wouldnt be able to paint themselves as somehow important.

Aliens was a political film to some degree, the Ghostbusters remake is just a cynical marketing exercise trolling right wingers for a reaction.

Captain Marvel did a fucking tie in with the US airforce for recruitment, not exactly anti establishment.

Twelve Angry Men has a scene that explicitly repudiates racial prejudice, and probably not unrelated to the fact that the movie takes place within the context of the criminal justice system, and Jurassic Park is a critique of capitalist commodification which in the movie is most obviously stated by Ian Malcolm during the lunch scene.

I am not saying that I entirely disagree but the problem isn't having a political message or undertone, the problem is that modern woke media feels much more like a reaction to the woke zeitgeist that is generated by the storm of the internet rather than a proactive, novel statement by the creatives behind the film. Instead of telling the audience something they hadn't thought about before, its just regurgitating what the audience already believes. Its a cowardly approach to cinema.

Yep. Underestimating the audience is quite rampant today, which was definitely not the case of the examples we’re discussing here.
I could even go as far as saying that a regular, critical person will smell the difference between a genuine interest of a given topic by an individual and a trend-surfing executive committee “inclusiveness” that is totally composed and synthetic, just made to tick boxes.
What about American History X? A brutal film with almost in-your-face message about the fallacies of prejudice and the cycle of violence. A movie like this wouldn’t be made today, it would be distorted to be less shocking and therefore much less efficient.

Holyshit you are a zealot/cultist. "If you aren't with me, you're against me!"

You're making shit up, I never said that.

Stop being so sensitive you beta cuck snowflake. All I said was Joe Rogan.

wokeness is creating a miserable, talentless, mediocre, wasteland of a world in cinema.

Then like I've been saying.

Stop watching it, stop subscribing to it and stop bitching about it.

Cancel wokeflix, cancel Amazon PRime, cancel Disney(LGBTQA)+, stop paying to watch woke marvel movies in the fucking cinema and stop giving it all free press by complaining about it in your free time.

Time to start acting like the fucking conservative you take so much pride in being. Show some self restraint and act like a goddamn capitalist.

Well then you know what you need to do. And what you need to do isn't bitching on a karate forum about it.

I turned the show, but the point stands. They are trying to teach the public some bullshit narrative that anytime an unarmed person is shot that it's a bad shoot and they're subtly reinforcing the notion that you can do whatever you want while interacting with police.

And for the love of God, dont pretend that a group of cops see a person reach into their pocket and start pulling something out and think the officer should have waited to make sure it was a gun. That's cartoon level writing.

Last edited:
I don't watch Hollywood and Disney bull butter.
Alot of people don't.

But they make most of their money in the foreign market like China. That's why they cuck for China so much.

Hollywood cucks for blm and lgbtyuiop or whatever so they can get liberal advertisers.

There's big money in being a cuck, just ask any super rich Democrat like the owners of Wal-Mart, Google, Starbucks, Amazon, .........

Not only is Kevin Sorbo a tremendous actor he's also a great storyteller. Do you remember this four part epic? It should be made into a film.

ErYjLVcXMAAh6dY.jpg

Ngl, Hercules was incredible television.

Back