Opinion If woke liberal Hollywood bothers you so much, you need to support the alternatives.

{<jordan}

Legit thought TS was gonna recommend Bollywood movies.

This is even better!

Good to see you're principled in your viewing.

Though I will say that watching old movies doesn't really change anything in terms of 'where the money is flowing'. If new conservative creators want a shot in the future, then people need to buy and support their content.

A little bit different but I watched last nights show of Running with Bear Grylls. This time the guest was Gina Carano. She is a former MMA and actress who was canceled by woke Hollywood recently. Glad to read she recently landed a gig with conservative leaning The Daily Wire with their film project.

I read a post on Reddit that said Hollywood should have an Actors Union in which the top paid actors could redistribute their wealth to pay struggling actors making less money. Given how #Woke so many of the actors are and now much they lecture the unwashed masses on how to be #Woke, I am sure they will have no problem making this happen.

I read a post on Reddit that said Hollywood should have an Actors Union in which the top paid actors could redistribute their wealth to pay the actors making less money. Given how #Woke so many of the actors are and now much they lecture the unwashed masses on how to be #Woke, I am sure they will have no problem making this happen.

Haha, I know, right? I mean, society needs more equity, more equality, equal outcomes NOT equal opportunity........open your wallets boys and girls....

I mean really I would argue that Hollywood has become considerably less anti establishment over the last 30 years, in the New Hollywood period and the earlier days of blockbusters I think the studios lost a lot of the control they'd had previously, productions were dominated far more by creatives. You look back to the 80's and films like Aliens, Robocop, Total Recall, etc these are really strongly anti capitalist/anti US imperialist films, maybe hidden behind a sci fi setting but the allegories were pretty dam obvious.

During the 90's though I think you started to see studios gain back control, formulas for sucess started to become clearer and creative control diminished plus I think more pressure was put on studios and they ended up working with the US miltiary a lot more.

I mean look at Captain Marvel, supposidly the ultimately "woke" cultural war film but Brier Larson was doing fucking recruitment videos for the US miltiary.

A little bit different but I watched last nights show of Running with Bear Grylls. This time the guest was Gina Carano. She is a former MMA and actress who was canceled by woke Hollywood recently. Glad to read she recently landed a gig with conservative leaning The Daily Wire with their film project.

Yes she is gonna be starring in movies with failed Hollywood screen writer Ben Shapiro in a bunch of movies nobody will see or care about, I'm quite sure that's gonna make up for getting let go from Disney's The Mandalorian.

I'm happy to see it too, let's hope conservatives like @boxingskills @Papi Chulo and @PainIsLIfe vote with their wallets and support the Daily Wire production instead of just complaining about disney on a forum, while refusing to stop watching marvel movies.

Principles, you know?

I mean really I would argue that Hollywood has become considerably less anti establishment over the last 30 years, in the New Hollywood period and the earlier days of blockbusters I think the studios lost a lot of the control they'd had previously, productions were dominated far more by creatives. You look back to the 80's and films like Aliens, Robocop, Total Recall, etc these are really strongly anti capitalist/anti US imperialist films, maybe hidden behind a sci fi setting but the allegories were pretty dam obvious.

During the 90's though I think you started to see studios gain back control, formulas for sucess started to become clearer and creative control diminished plus I think more pressure was put on studios and they ended up working with the US miltiary a lot more.

I mean look at Captain Marvel, supposidly the ultimately "woke" cultural war film but Brier Larson was doing fucking recruitment videos for the US miltiary.

You shouldn't be showing this video it messes with @MaxMMA 's 'woke hollywood' narrative.

You shouldn't be showing this video it messes with @MaxMMA 's 'woke hollywood' narrative.

It comes down to what you consider "woke" I spose, he probably views Hollywood as some hive of extreme left wing revolutionaries, in reality there mostly pro establishment and just feed into the divide and rule cultural war fantasy he follows that gives the illusion of choice.

It comes down to what you consider "woke" I spose, he probably views Hollywood as some hive of extreme left wing revolutionaries, in reality there mostly pro establishment and just feed into the divide and rule cultural war fantasy he follows that gives the illusion of choice.

You're giving @MaxMMA too much credit. He was defending Jim Caviezel's Qanon speech.

Back